ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

David Taylor. Someone on the PSU board said Okie st. made a run at Cunningham.
Would be curious to know what the difference is in an Associate HC and a "Head Assistant Coach"....

Interesting, is Taylor not wrestling for Team USA anymore or is this a different guy?

Would be curious to know what the difference is in an Associate HC and a "Head Assistant Coach"....

Interesting, is Taylor not wrestling for Team USA anymore or is this a different guy?
Never officially retired, but money talks I’m sure. There have been rumors of beef between Taylor and other NLWC members on the boards.

Cael has shown that to be a great HC you need is to be the face of the program, a great recruiter, and have a consistent and coherent philosophy on where you intend to take the program, RTC included. Money follows a good plan. Cael has Cody and Casey managing the room, and has an operations manager for the admin stuff.

Are you telling me DT can't mimic that whole thought process, having seen it and lived it for 15 years now? The issue with DT is not whether he can be successful, but whether he would uproot from State College, where he has three business enterprises, a young family, and the in laws having just moved there.

IMO, it would take some serious coin to move him, but I'd do it if I'm OSU. Good or bad outcome, it shows OSU is back in the game to win again.

When I say money follows a good plan, what I mean by that is Cael spent five years being successful and following his plan before he got the booster to write the $5M check to rev the engine of the NLWC in 2014. I think a DT would be great with boosters and recruits alike. He just has that engaging and earnest personality.

Reactions: bwel9339
Just seen Chris Cannon entered the portal after transferring to MIchigan and only getting in one match before getting injured.

Are we talking about DT coming in as Head Coach or a assistant under Coleman or someone else?

DT is a splashy name to help recruiting, RTC etc. but has zero coaching experience at the college level. Is it worth spending excessive funds for a unproven coach who frankly would only be enticed to take the position because of the money. Im still on board with Coleman as next HC and having him bring in another great mind to help. 2 heads are better than one. And how much the wrestling changed and the vibe in the room in just 1 year under him was impressive.

I don’t follow wrestling as closely as many others on this forum, but I do try to pay close attention at least.

Chad delayed hiring a new hoops coach because he was waiting for an answer from Bill Self. He’s not afraid to swing for the fences.

I hope the delay in hiring a wrestling coach is because he’s swinging for the fences again. He wasn’t successful in the hoops hire but at least there is more to sell for Oklahoma State Wrestling.

We shall see soon enough I suppose.

Are we talking about DT coming in as Head Coach or a assistant under Coleman or someone else?

DT is a splashy name to help recruiting, RTC etc. but has zero coaching experience at the college level. Is it worth spending excessive funds for a unproven coach who frankly would only be enticed to take the position because of the money. Im still on board with Coleman as next HC and having him bring in another great mind to help. 2 heads are better than one. And how much the wrestling changed and the vibe in the room in just 1 year under him was impressive.
They are doing a HC job search, not assistant or associate.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
has zero coaching experience at the college level.
No disrespect, but this point is grossly overrated. DT has been in the college room for 15 years. As a NLWC member, he has been an ad lib coach for PSU wrestlers for years. He started a very successful M2 club that has produced national champions. He is a hero to HS kids, and his personality is well suited for recruits and boosters with money. He is charming and earnest at the same time. DT WILL absolutely change the wrestling landscape for whomever gets him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT