ADVERTISEMENT

More sheer nonsense from Hillary Clinton

Elections and the people who get elected have no bearing on my life whatsoever. Not one thing these scumbag politicians do or say will have any effect on the way I live my life. Period.

What about the increased health insurance premiums? That's something I noticed right away...and I'd really like to have that money back!

Reactions: ctdub
It shows electrical power from renewables as being 4.87 quad btus, or about 3 times the amount DavidAllen claimed.

What is the percentage of ALL electricity generated shown? It's a simple quesition, the anaswer is: 12.5%.

If you apply the 12.5% of electric power (and let's be honest here -- the VAST majority of that is hydro-electric which Clinton and her supporters will support NO more production of) to the TOTAL amount of electric power used in the residential sector, which, BTW, is a generous assumption you get 1.845 quad BTUs of electirc power from renewables (14.76 quad BTU x .125). This amounts to 8.5% of all residential power (1.845/21.64 quad BTUs) form renewables, based on generous assumptions.

What about the increased health insurance premiums? That's something I noticed right away...and I'd really like to have that money back!

That's funny. Health insurance costs have been going up double digits for 20 years now and now you want your money back?

http://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/monthly/pdf/mer.pdf

The total % for ALL renewables of ALL energy produced in the most recent month in the U.S. ( April 2015 was 11.3%. (see Page 13 of attached). For all of 2014 the figure was 11.1% (again see Page 13). These numbers include ethanol , wood, waste, and, of course hydro-electric, BTW.

Again for the most recent month the % of ALL renewables consumed (I used consumed here because the difference was pretty trivial from produced and because production wasn't broken down as thoroughly) from the following sources was (see page 157 of attached):

Hydro-Electric = 26.0%
Geo-thermal = 2.3%
Solar/PV = 5.8%
Wind = 20.6%
Wood = 19.9%
Waste = 4.7%
Bio-fuel (Ethanol and some Bio-diesel) = 20.5%

So, in April 2015, solar and wind combined to total 2.98% of energy in the U.S.

For all of 2014 (again see page 157), the figure are:

Hydro-Electric = 25.7%
Geo-thermal = 2.3%
Solar/PV = 4.4%
Wind = 18.0%
Wood = 23.0%
Waste = 5.1%
Bio-fuel (Ethanol and some Bio-diesel) = 21.5%

So, for all of 2014, solar and wind combined to total 2.49% of all energy in the U.S.

http://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/monthly/pdf/mer.pdf

The total % for ALL renewables of ALL energy produced in the most recent month in the U.S. ( April 2015 was 11.3%. (see Page 13 of attached). For all of 2014 the figure was 11.1% (again see Page 13). These numbers include ethanol , wood, waste, and, of course hydro-electric, BTW.

Again for the most recent month the % of ALL renewables consumed (I used consumed here because the difference was pretty trivial from produced and because production wasn't broken down as thoroughly) from the following sources was (see page 157 of attached):

Hydro-Electric = 26.0%
Geo-thermal = 2.3%
Solar/PV = 5.8%
Wind = 20.6%
Wood = 19.9%
Waste = 4.7%
Bio-fuel (Ethanol and some Bio-diesel) = 20.5%

So, in April 2015, solar and wind combined to total 2.98% of energy in the U.S.

For all of 2014 (again see page 157), the figure are:

Hydro-Electric = 25.7%
Geo-thermal = 2.3%
Solar/PV = 4.4%
Wind = 18.0%
Wood = 23.0%
Waste = 5.1%
Bio-fuel (Ethanol and some Bio-diesel) = 21.5%

So, for all of 2014, solar and wind combined to total 2.49% of all energy in the U.S.
In light of all of that, what part of

Just as point of reference 500 Billion kilowatt-hours of electricity is generated in the US from renewables. Total residential consumption is approx. 1.5 Trillion kilowatt-hours - we are 1/3rd of the way there already.​

was "complete nonsense?"

Conservatively 500 Billion kilowatt hours are produced in the US from renewables each year.
Total residential consumption is approximately 1.5 trillion kwh.
We are at least 1/3 of the way there already.

"Mrs. Clinton pledged to take steps as president to ensure that within a decade, the U.S. will produce enough clean, renewable energy to power every home in the country."​

I've provided ample information. If you'd like to continue in your delusion, then go for it.

I've provided ample information. If you'd like to continue in your delusion, then go for it.
You have provided plenty of information but you have provided no context for interpreting that information in a way that renders
"Just as point of reference 500 Billion kilowatt-hours of electricity is generated in the US from renewables. Total residential consumption is approx. 1.5 Trillion kilowatt-hours - we are 1/3rd of the way there already."
as nonsense.

You keep using 12.5%. 12.5% of all the energy produced in the US (87qbtu) is 10.875 qbtu, which is greatter than 33% of the 21.64 qbtus consumed by the residential sector.

I wonder how many companies Hillary will bank roll that declare bankruptcy in this industry wasting a bunch of tax payer money.

You have provided plenty of information but you have provided no context for interpreting that information in a way that renders
"Just as point of reference 500 Billion kilowatt-hours of electricity is generated in the US from renewables. Total residential consumption is approx. 1.5 Trillion kilowatt-hours - we are 1/3rd of the way there already."
as nonsense.

You keep using 12.5%. 12.5% of all the energy produced in the US (87qbtu) is 10.875 qbtu, which is greatter than 33% of the 21.64 qbtus consumed by the residential sector.

This is my last reposne to you because you are eihter A. an idiot, B. attempting to intentionally mislead or C. being intentionally obtuse.

• It's 12.5% of ELECTRIC power, not all power, and that is for ALL sectors, not just residential
  • 11.1% of all power generated, across all sectors, in the U.S. in 2014 was from renewables inclduing WOOD, Hydro-electric and Ethanol; however for just wind/solar that number is 2.49%
Those are the facts.

This is my last reposne to you because you are eihter A. an idiot, B. attempting to intentionally mislead or C. being intentionally obtuse.

• It's 12.5% of ELECTRIC power, not all power, and that is for ALL sectors, not just residential
  • 11.1% of all power generated, across all sectors, in the U.S. in 2014 was from renewables inclduing WOOD, Hydro-electric and Ethanol; however for just wind/solar that number is 2.49%
Those are the facts.
11.1% of all power generated across all sectors is still greater than all 33% of all power consumed by the residential sector.

You are smart enough to know that when some one says that there is enough energy to power all the homes in the US they don't mean it will literally power all the home in the US. They are using something that people are familiar with to demonstrate the scale of what they are promising. So when Clinton says we will generate enough renewable energy to power every home in the US she doesn't mean that 100% of residential power consumption will come from renewable. She means that total renewable power production will be equivalent in size to all the power consumed by houses. Similarly DavidAllen was saying that total renewable power produced was equal to a third of all residential power consumed, not that residential power consumption was 33% renewable.

I wonder how many companies Hillary will bank roll that declare bankruptcy in this industry wasting a bunch of tax payer money.
China will be the big winner - most of the manufacturing will be coming out of there.

Engineering companies like Vestas (Denmark) will do well in wind.

I have presented the data previously. The fact that you have chosen particular studies that would require you to do some simple math is not a refutation of that data.

I will let you fill in the blanks (pick whatever source you want - the EIA data supports the same conclusion).

Estimated 2014 residential electric consumption in the US:________
Estimated 2014 renewable electric production in the the US:________

Last edited:
That's funny. Health insurance costs have been going up double digits for 20 years now and now you want your money back?

What I want is for my premiums to be reduced by $2500 per year as I was promised. Is that too much to ask?

And while I'm on the subject, I also want to keep the plan I liked that is no longer available...as I was promised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT