ADVERTISEMENT

More sheer nonsense from Hillary Clinton

http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-previews-plans-to-combat-climate-change-1437946583

"Mrs. Clinton pledged to take steps as president to ensure that within a decade, the U.S. will produce enough clean, renewable energy to power every home in the country. And she set a target of half a billion solar panels installed in the U.S. by the end of her first term."

I would say she understands her demographic pretty well.

Consider that @CowboyUp credited Obama with "saving the world" last week with the limp dicked Iran deal he and Mr Heinz brokered.

I mean she can say anything. It's not like anyone is going to hold her accountable to it.

Mega nailed it. She knows she is completely full of shit and knows it doesn't matter. The uniformed voter is the target, and we have a lot of dumbasses that gobble that shit right up.

Reactions: TPOKE and Medic007
I would say she understands her demographic pretty well.

Consider that @CowboyUp credited Obama with "saving the world" last week with the limp dicked Iran deal he and Mr Heinz brokered.

I mean she can say anything. It's not like anyone is going to hold her accountable to it.

I'm more electable than ol' Bernie, but he's pushed her so far left, she'll say anything in her desperate bid to get elected. I don't give a shit how many solar panels she attaches to her fat ass to burn off cankles, the "great unwashed" actually do "get it". She ain't black, she's old, the gender warfare crap is lame, and even the un/under-employed morons who elected the Kenyan won't get out of their parents' basement to vote for her. She'll be lucky to even be the nominee at the rate she's going.

Her fat ass can probably handle the half a billion panels and the old Cigar Dildo in Chief would probably appreciate the change in scenery.

Which part of the statement is nonsense? Is Elon Musk similarly wrong about the growth of solar?

Last edited:
Which part of the statement is nonsense? Is Elon Musk similarly wrong about the growth of solar?

I'm assuming when she say clean, renewable energy to power every home in the cuntry she is referring to wind turbines. That is nonsense.

Hey, half a billion solar cells in this country is doable in her "first term" as long as she isn't counting on her Democratic base to do any of the work because half a billion solar cells will require installing:

342,466 per day
14,269 per hour
238 per minute
4 per second

Coming from the lady who can't figure out emails or a fax machine, I'll remain very skeptical that she has any clue what she's proposing to do.

But hey, maybe those are the shovel ready jobs Barry has been looking for for the better part of two terms.

The team at Goldman believes this is doable, Musk basically has the same projections baked into his business plan at Solar City... Not that huge a leap.

I won't even try to parse a politicians words, but renewables are growing exponentially...

Like I said, she knows her demograohic.

LOL - she was briefed on a trend and tried to claim credit... Thought you would be smart enough to see that. Of course I forget you are in the Trump demo.

I can hear you now: "Stumpin' for Trump....."

There was an article in the paper today about a solar panel farm og&e just put online out my Mustang. It has 10,000 panels on 15 acres. They say it will produce enough electricity to power the equivalent of 500 homes. The price tag was 7.5 million. 15 acres, 10,000 panels, 500 homes at 7.5 million. It's a start I guess.

500,000,000 in a decade? Get real. Who is going to manufacture all these amazing solar panels? Solyndra? The Chinese?

This is the biggest pipe dream con I've seen since "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan, PERIOD!"

LOL - she was briefed on a trend and tried to claim credit... Thought you would be smart enough to see that. Of course I forget you are in the Trump demo.

I can hear you now: "Stumpin' for Trump....."

Yeah I'm more in the Rand Paul demo, but I find Trump refreshing if for no other reason than that he is wrecking the GOP establishment.

Sorry I missed the scenario you described. It's hard to keep track of her duplicitous motives and whatnot.

Comparing renewables to the Segway? Really? That's the best you've got?

Nice presentation from Bloomberg: https://www.bnef.com/dataview/new-energy-outlook/index.html

Cheap natural gas is the limiter in the U.S.

I was referring to the relaibaility of projections on the viability of new technologies in the marketplace by so-called experts.

Your last sentence points to the crux of the matter. EVERY primary (non-renewable) energy source is cheaper than unsubsidized solar and wind. So, it simply will not happen (among other reasons) UNLESS it is mandated by insane government officials intent on .

On a scale of 1 - 10, how much anxiety will it cause you guys if she gets elected?

Elections and the people who get elected have no bearing on my life whatsoever. Not one thing these scumbag politicians do or say will have any effect on the way I live my life. Period.

I was referring to the relaibaility of projections on the viability of new technologies in the marketplace by so-called experts.

Your last sentence points to the crux of the matter. EVERY primary (non-renewable) energy source is cheaper than unsubsidized solar and wind. So, it simply will not happen (among other reasons) UNLESS it is mandated by insane government officials intent on .
They will make it happen by taxing fossil fuel related items...gas, cars, airplanes, petroleum products, etc., to pay for this.

I'm all for getting the F off of fossil fuels and using green energy, but let's not kid ourselves.

Tesla is changing the game with their new home battery. Will make it much more attractive for people to equip solar systems on their homes.

On a scale of 1 - 10, how much anxiety will it cause you guys if she gets elected?

However, Jeb Bush would cause about +3.

The worst thing that can happen is the Republican establishment getting their guy in and thinking they don't need to overhaul thenselves.

Long term, Hillary is irrelevant - other than being gross.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Just as point of reference 500 Billion kilowatt-hours of electricity is generated in the US from renewables. Total residential consumption is approx. 1.5 Trillion kilowatt-hours - we are 1/3rd of the way there already.

On a 20 yr payback model we are headed to 4c/kWh for PV. Consider the useful life of that same PV is about 30 years - coal and natural gas can't touch the lifecycle costs. With or without subsidies we will have a much more renewable centric energy economy in the coming decades.

Just as point of reference 500 Billion kilowatt-hours of electricity is generated in the US from renewables. Total residential consumption is approx. 1.5 Trillion kilowatt-hours - we are 1/3rd of the way there already.

On a 20 yr payback model we are headed to 4c/kWh for PV. Consider the useful life of that same PV is about 30 years - coal and natural gas can't touch the lifecycle costs. With or without subsidies we will have a much more renewable centric energy economy in the coming decades.

Complete nonsense.

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=427&t=3

NOPE.

Hydropower plus other renewables totaled 13% of the electrical output in 2014, of which solar accounted for a mind blowing 0.4%.

1/3rd of the way there might work for the usual low information Democratic voter. The rest of us think Pant Suited Cankles, and those who support her, are full of shit.

You like pant suited cankles Mr. Allen?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT