ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Surber

If you can get a good bulk job done that guy should be able to AA as he will have the speed, mobility and moves over most heavy’s. Just got to make sure he has adequate size and strength. Surber was a really good wrestler at a much lower weight in HS. Hard to win a title as natural size and strength with speed built in is rare and hard to beat. But AA is attainable and if there aren’t freaks like Steveson, who knows. Interested to see what another year will do. Needs to hit the juice for three months right when the season ends.

Happy to be eating a big slice of Crow Pie served by Surber.
I’m there with you. I was hoping that he would find the transfer portal after the UNI/I-State weekend. Not because he lost both matches but because he didn’t try to win them.
I like my crow well-done because I’ve seen what those damn things eat.

I’m there with you. I was hoping that he would find the transfer portal after the UNI/I-State weekend. Not because he lost both matches but because he didn’t try to win them.
I like my crow well-done because I’ve seen what those damn things eat.
I'm hoping he's turned the corner and it's only up from here. He wrestled his ass off today, loved watching him roll! He had an ass kicking attitude and I loved it

Luke is 20 pounds away from really being a problem at this weight class. Hendrickson is just in another league, but I couldn’t be prouder that Luke made the finals. Tough kid.

The thing I have noticed is he has really improved the ankle pick transition from over the back. It’s such a good move by him when guys get in a high thigh shot. His defense has improved so much.

Reactions: Cowguy
Luke seemed to find “it” after the UNI/ISU matches. It was like AJ losing to Noah Adams last year. It took sitting down and realizing that what they were doing wasn’t them. Luke came out against Elam the first time and started mixing it up. He got caught on his back, but what he was doing in that Elam match is what he’s been doing since. What Luke has found is tough to beat. He scrambles really well, he has a lot of heart, he has a gas tank, and he’s getting better at getting off bottom. He has a tough finals opponent, but hopefully at this time next year Luke is similar in physical style as Wyatt Hendrickson.

Luke seemed to find “it” after the UNI/ISU matches. It was like AJ losing to Noah Adams last year. It took sitting down and realizing that what they were doing wasn’t them. Luke came out against Elam the first time and started mixing it up. He got caught on his back, but what he was doing in that Elam match is what he’s been doing since. What Luke has found is tough to beat. He scrambles really well, he has a lot of heart, he has a gas tank, and he’s getting better at getting off bottom. He has a tough finals opponent, but hopefully at this time next year Luke is similar in physical style as Wyatt Hendrickson.
Great observations & comparison

if you’ve seen all of Surber’s matches this year, there has been clear progression and adjustment

Reactions: KILLEVIDENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT