#2 kyle crutchmer junior………………...…..#18 matt reed junior
#18 nolan boyd junior……………………..…joel dixon
austin schafer…………………………...……brad johnson
#4 austin marsden senior………….….……#7 ross larson junior

bedlam Sunday against uo in norman

go Pokes !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: oberebo
STILLWATER – Oklahoma State wrestler Dean Heil was named Big 12 Wrestler of the Week for his performance during the week of Nov. 30-Dec. 6, the league announced today.

The honor is the first Big 12 weekly honor of his career.

Heil, ranked No. 1 in the nation, took on No. 2 Kevin Jack of North Carolina State in the 141-pound match, one of the marquee bouts of the dual.

Jack struck first with a takedown but Heil evened the bout 3-3 at the end of the first period. Jack scored a reversal to start the second, while Heil responded with an escape and a takedown to carry a one-point lead into the final period, 6-5. The Cowboy went on to pick up an escape and two more takedowns in the third period to defeat the Wolfpack All-American, 10-8.

With the win, the Cowboy sophomore improved to 7-0 on the season with a 2-0 mark against ranked opponents.

In owasso Collica won 13-6 I believe.
125 Eddie Klimar dec. Ryan Milhof team score 3-0
133 Cody Brewer dec. ? team score 3-3
141Dean Heil MD Trae Blackwell 7-3
149 Anthony Collica dec. Davion Jeffries 10-3
157 Ryan Blees dec. Brock Wingbermuehle 13-3
165 Alex Dierenger MD Clark Glass 17-3
174 Kyle Crutchmer dec. Matt Reed 20-3
184 Nolan Boyd dec. Joel Dixon 23-3
197 Brad Johnson MD Austin Schafer 23-7
285 Austin Marsden dec. Ross Larson 26-7
If Collica can not wrestle it will be Jonce Blaylock losing to Davion Jeffries and team score would be 23-10. I did not give Cody Brewer a major or a fall at 133 but depending upon who wrestles that could change. If it is Kaid Brock coming out of redshirt I believe it will be a regular decision or at most a major for Brewer.

Last edited:
On paper, we should be able to beat OU without pulling anybody out of redshirt. The Scuffle should give us a lot more clarity on who, if anyone, should come out. Brewer will pin whoever he wrestles except possibly Brock. Larson could certainly pull the upset over Marsden, but I do not expect it to happen. I think the Pokes win comfortably.

165Jordan Dierenger MD Clark Glass 17-3
If Collica can not wrestle it will be Jonce Blaylock losing to Davion Jeffries and team score would be 23-10. I did not give Cody Brewer a major or a fall at 133 but depending upon who wrestles that could change. If it is Kaid Brock coming out of redshirt I believe it will be a regular decision or at most a major for Brewer.

I really thought Alex Dierenger would represent OSU at 165 but maybe you know something the rest of us do not know.

I am pretty sure it only airs on 93.7FM in Stillwater, but it might be on AM780, but you can stream it online. His show is normally on at 7PM on Tuesdays.

NORMAN – The No. 7 University of Oklahoma wrestling team will compete in a top-10 matchup with in-state rival No. 9 Oklahoma State on Sunday, Nov. 13. The dual is slated for 2 p.m. inside McCasland Field House in Norman.

The Sooners are coming off a fourth-place finish at the 2015 Cliff Keen Invitational in Las Vegas, Nev. The tournament featured 13 teams ranked in the NWCA’s top 25, including five teams in the top 10 of the latest poll. OU registered 102 points, finishing behind then-No. 8 Missouri (154 points), No. 14 Cornell (113 points) and No. 18 Minnesota (105 points).

BEDLAM HISTORY: Sunday’s dual marks the 173rd Bedlam matchup, with OSU leading the all-time series 135-27-10. Last season, the Cowboys defeated OU 25-9 in Norman and 25-11 in Stillwater.
RANKED COMPETITORS: Six Sooners are in the latest Intermat polls in Ryan Millhof (No. 15 at 125 pounds), Cody Brewer (No. 2 at 133 pounds), Davion Jeffries (No. 16 at 149 pounds), Clark Glass (No. 11 at 165 pounds), Matt Reed (No. 18 at 174 pounds) and Ross Larson (No. 7 at 285 pounds).

The Cowboys lineup also features six ranked wrestlers, including Eddie Klimara (No. 5 at 125 pounds), Dean Heil (No. 1 at 141 pounds), Alex Dieringer (No. 1 at 165 pounds), Kyle Crutchmer (No. 2 at 174 pounds), Nolan Boyd (No. 18 at 184 pounds) and Austin Marsden (No. 4 at 285 pounds).

The dual will feature four ranked bouts at 125 pounds, 165 pounds, 174 pounds and heavyweight.

TICKETS:
A limited amount of reserved tickets are still on sale for Sunday’s Bedlam dual. For $25, fans are ensured a reserved seat for the Bedlam dual as well as general admission tickets for the American (Jan. 24) and South Dakota State (Feb. 14) duals as part of the Sunday Fun Day mini-plan package. To purchase tickets, go online or call the OU Athletics Tickets Office at (405) 325-2424 or toll-free at (800) 456-GoOU.

165 Alex Dierenger MD Clark Glass 17-3

I stopped at Cody Brewer. He will bonus point whoever we put out there.

I stopped at Cody Brewer. He will bonus point whoever we put out there.
Maybe. I think our only options are to wrestle Crutchmer or take Kaid Brock out of redshirt. It may be too much to ask of Brock his first time out but he is a quality wrestler and he will not be intimidated. We shall see.

Brian Crutchmer is very good about not getting turned. Think how long he was ridden by someone with a lot more leverage than Brewer and he did not give up a back point or even stalling points. Tough to be ridden like that, but he took one for the team.

Maybe. I think our only options are to wrestle Crutchmer or take Kaid Brock out of redshirt. It may be too much to ask of Brock his first time out but he is a quality wrestler and he will not be intimidated. We shall see.
Is this the start of your "Kaid Brock will be in the NCAA finals if they pull his redshirt" mantra?

Brian Crutchmer is very good about not getting turned. Think how long he was ridden by someone with a lot more leverage than Brewer and he did not give up a back point or even stalling points. Tough to be ridden like that, but he took one for the team.

great job by brian in this match

I hope that was irony, but it did show grit that he did the best with what he had. If winning the dual against Oklahoma is the concern and getting Harding well I say Crutchmer needs to go out and not get turned.

Waddie, you had me laughing.

I hope that was irony, but it did show grit that he did the best with what he had. If winning the dual against Oklahoma is the concern and getting Harding well I say Crutchmer needs to go out and not get turned.

Waddie, you had me laughing.
6:17 of riding time. It only gets you a point so I can see some validity to the above. Maybe he should have just gone out and laid down with 1 second off the clock and it would be 6:59 of riding time and he would be no worse off. Of course wwrestling fans would leave the sport in droves if this was the solution. I am not knocking Crutchmer, just saying it is not the answer.

Not the answer for anything, but the dual with OU where we do not want to give up bonus points and we need Harding to get heeled. I hate to take Brock out of redshirt until after we see what he does wrestling unattached at the Scuffle. I suppose he could go to Reno as well and wrestle unattached, but I am not positive about that.

125 - Klimara dec. Milhoff 3-0
133 - Brewer fall whoever we throw out there 3-6
141 - Heil Mdec. Blackwell 7-6
149 - Collica dec. Jeffries 10-6
157 - Whoever we throw out there dec. whoever they throw out there 13-6
165 - Dienender fall whoever they throw out there 19-6
174 - Crutchmer dec. Reed 22-6
184 - Boyd dec. Dixon 25-6
197 - Johnson dec. Schafer 25-9
HWT - Marsden dec. Larson 28-9

Now, I fully expect the goons to run at 141, 165, 174 and HWT. Not saying that our guys at 74 and fat would get a fall or bonus if they didn't run. I just feel that the team plan is to avoid bonus points at these weights. Should be fun to watch either way because if Dierenger and Heil don't want you to run, you walk!

Not the answer for anything, but the dual with OU where we do not want to give up bonus points and we need Harding to get heeled. I hate to take Brock out of redshirt until after we see what he does wrestling unattached at the Scuffle. I suppose he could go to Reno as well and wrestle unattached, but I am not positive about that.
I do not think Harding will be healed this year but not sure about that. Lets just say he will not be 100% during this wrestling season. If one poke over the line's assertion proves to be correct it does not matter. In any event we can survive a fall or tech fall at 133 and still win handily.I have a lot of respect for Brewer and regardless of his recent loss I believe he will be in the finals and win again. However, Brock is a special wrestler albeit a freshman and I would rather have our best man on the mat regardless of the outcome.

I have a lot of respect for Brewer and regardless of his recent loss I believe he will be in the finals and win again. However, Brock is a special wrestler albeit a freshman and I would rather have our best man on the mat regardless of the outcome.

Upset

What about Garcia?

Ok, Poel, because your the new guy on the block and reminds me of when I started on "34 and counting". Brock is the man at 133 (RS pulled).:):):):)

With that new knowledge in mind...

125 - Klimara maj dec. Milhoff - I bought into oberebo's hype years ago. Eddie should have a breakout, NCAA finals-type this year. If that's going to happen, he needs to major guys like Milhoff, full of promise and potential but still adjusting to college wrestling. 4-0, OSU
133 - Brewer pin Brock - Cody's just too long, big and strong for any OSU guy. And he's got good technique as well. 6-3, OU
141 - Heil maj dec. Blackwell - Hopefully just a major decision. 7-6, OSU
149 - Jeffries dec. Collica - Yes, it's an upset. But Davion's wrestling really well, and Anthony's coming off an injury. 9-7, OU
157 - Tucker dec. Marstellar - Marstellar jumps out to a commanding lead, runs out of fuel, and Shayne pulls close at the end. And then the second period starts. Until Chance shows he can go more than one full period before looking like he just did the American Ninja Warrior show, it's probably a toss-up. And Miccovision awards ties to OU. 12-7, OU
165 - Dieringer maj dec Glass - I get that Alex is the most dominant wrestler on the planet. No question. But last year, Dieringer won twice against Glass, by one regular decision and one major decision. 12-11, OU
174 - Crutchmer dec. Reed - I think Reed's progressing, but I can't see him beating Crutchmer unless Kyle just completely shuts down his offense. Which he does every once in awhile. And by every once in awhile, I mean always. Closer than most expect. 14-12, OSU
184 - Boyd dec. Dixon - If it's really only 14-12 OSU going into this match, OSU is in trouble. The dual will be a draw at best, or an OU win. Boyd should have the upper hand, and I'm a Boyd fan, but he finds ways to lose sometimes. Great effort, great hustle, how can you knock a kid like that? I would give him the nod, but if he does screw up, Dixon catches him. And history says he will. But for now... 15-14, OSU
197 - Johnson dec. Schafer - Because America. 17-15, OU
HWT - Larson dec Marsden - I'd call it an upset, but he did beat him in Norman already with the dual on the line two years ago. It wouldn't be a huge upset. 20-15, OU

There you go, Cowboys. Come to Norman if you dare!

Last edited:
Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Ah, Micco. I see that your masters from OU must have been in fantasy literature rather than mathematics. The match scores you predict add up to 18 for each team, resulting in a draw. I see OSU winning on criteria, since the first several criteria all involve unsportsmanlike conduct and we know that OSU athletes are much better sports than the OU variety. Well, except for that Marsden kicking incident earlier this year. Other than commenting on your lack of mathematical skills, I am not going to pile on as others on this board have done. Anyone who knows your father knows you are already shouldering a heavy load.

Reactions: PoOsKuE and oberebo
125 - Klimara maj dec. Milhoff - I bought into oberebo's hype years ago. Eddie should have a breakout, NCAA finals-type this year. If that's going to happen, he needs to major guys like Milhoff, full of promise and potential but still adjusting to college wrestling. 4-0, OSU
133 - Brewer pin Brock - Cody's just too long, big and strong for any OSU guy. And he's got good technique as well. 6-3, OU
141 - Heil maj dec. Blackwell - Hopefully just a major decision. 7-6, OSU
149 - Jeffries dec. Collica - Yes, it's an upset. But Davion's wrestling really well, and Anthony's coming off an injury. 9-7, OU
157 - Tucker dec. Marstellar - Marstellar jumps out to a commanding lead, runs out of fuel, and Shayne pulls close at the end. And then the second period starts. Until Chance shows he can go more than one full period before looking like he just did the American Ninja Warrior show, it's probably a toss-up. And Miccovision awards ties to OU. 12-7, OU
165 - Dieringer maj dec Glass - I get that Alex is the most dominant wrestler on the planet. No question. But last year, Dieringer won twice against Glass, by one regular decision and one major decision. 12-11, OU
174 - Crutchmer dec. Reed - I think Reed's progressing, but I can't see him beating Crutchmer unless Kyle just completely shuts down his offense. Which he does every once in awhile. And by every once in awhile, I mean always. Closer than most expect. 14-12, OSU
184 - Boyd dec. Dixon - If it's really only 14-12 OSU going into this match, OSU is in trouble. The dual will be a draw at best, or an OU win. Boyd should have the upper hand, and I'm a Boyd fan, but he finds ways to lose sometimes. Great effort, great hustle, how can you knock a kid like that? I would give him the nod, but if he does screw up, Dixon catches him. And history says he will. But for now... 15-14, OSU
197 - Johnson dec. Schafer - Because America. 17-15, OU
HWT - Larson dec Marsden - I'd call it an upset, but he did beat him in Norman already with the dual on the line two years ago. It wouldn't be a huge upset. 20-15, OU

The problems with your predictions are as such.....

Brewer will not pin Brock......that must be that fantasy literature degree.
Collica's injury was not that bad, it will linger but it will be no problem.
Marsteller shouldn't be wrestling, it will most likely be Blees, and he will handle Tucker, hasn't everyone.
Dieringer will be closer to getting a tech than you think. Glass is not there yet.
Larson won't beat Marsden. Larson is on a roll, but it stops Sunday.

Ah, Micco. I see that your masters from OU must have been in fantasy literature rather than mathematics. The match scores you predict add up to 18 for each team, resulting in a draw. I see OSU winning on criteria, since the first several criteria all involve unsportsmanlike conduct and we know that OSU athletes are much better sports than the OU variety. Well, except for that Marsden kicking incident earlier this year. Other than commenting on your lack of mathematical skills, I am not going to pile on as others on this board have done. Anyone who knows your father knows you are already shouldering a heavy load.
I do not see the respect I so richly deserve from this board however I do concur that the Oberebo family is not strong in mathematics. Reality also sometimes takes a back seat. Micco is a poster boy for those statements. His younger brother rights the ship however is a poster boy for "Truth, Justice, and the American (Cowboy) way".

from the O'Colly:

Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 4:36 pm | Updated: 5:29 pm, Tue Dec 8, 2015.

Dekota Gregory, Sports Reporter, @dekotagregory

The Oklahoma State wrestling team has been called out.

After starting the season at No. 1, the Cowboys lost their second dual of the season Sunday to North Carolina State. The loss also dropped OSU five spots to No. 9 in national rankings.

With a Bedlam matchup Sunday in Norman, unbeaten Kyle Crutchmer is expecting more from his teammates.

“It’s just a sense of pride,” Crutchmer said. “Some of these guys, we really need them to step up. We’ve had some injuries, but you wrestle at Oklahoma State for a reason. There’s guys that should be coming in and competing a little harder than what they did. I’m not gonna mention any names, but the atmosphere after a loss, I think it’s time to pick things up. The excuse of it’s too early, it’s still early; throw it out the window now.”

Top-ranked 165-pounder Alex Dieringer had the same mentality after Sunday’s loss. Crutchmer and Dieringer, along with 141-pounder Dean Heil are the only Cowboy starters who haven’t lost a match this season. Dieringer managed to pin his opponent in 29 seconds Sunday and Heil posted a 10-8 decision over second-ranked Kevin Jack to solidify Heil’s top ranking in the weight class.

“Me and (Dieringer) talked a bit (Sunday) night,” Crutchmer said. “We have some young guys on this team that still don’t believe that they should be out there. … Me and Alex, we’re gonna talk to these guys about it. Wrestling here, you have a target on your back. Those guys came in here (Sunday) fired up. They were fired up about wrestling here.

“They’re coming in here to beat us and we took them for granted. A lot of the guys on our team took their opportunity for granted.”

Some Cowboys could receive their opportunity Sunday. Gary Wayne Harding and Anthony Collica are questionable because of injury at 133 and 149 pounds, respectively. Brian Crutchmer wrestled at 133 pounds against North Carolina State and lost to Jamal Morris 4-0. David Dolan also lost his match to Sam Melikian at 149 pounds. OSU has also had more than one possible starter listed most of the season at multiple weights, including 157 and 184 pounds.

“I think all things are open right now,” coach John Smith said. “We’ll see how the practice goes today and the next couple of days and we will put people on the mat that’s gonna wrestle. I’m in no sense of urgency right now, but I’m definitely in an urgency to send people out that are gonna step out and start wrestling.”

The Cowboys can’t overlook No. 7 Oklahoma on Sunday. The Sooners are perfect this season through five duals. OU’s most impressive victory was a 23-12 win over a top-10 Michigan team on the road Nov. 22. Despite the Sooners’ impressive streak, a win is necessary for OSU to maintain the national respect it had at the start of the season.

“Things happen in (Bedlam) that don’t normally happen,” Smith said. “We’ve won a lot of those because we were the one that created a lot of surprises. I hope nothing changes.”

Boy I tell ya, Dieringer and Crutchmer want the championship bad. This is Dieringers last year and I think for the team to win it all, they are gonna have to bring it, tough year, a lot of good teams out there. I am glad they stepping up and bringing the young guys up to speed.

I really don't think it is a lack of going for Crutchmer. I think it is a supreme confidence that he can pick his options very, very methodically. The problems are, he is very picky and everybody in the gym knows whats coming and when its coming.

Now that he has a high-ranking and status, he's going to have to open up a little more. If you have noticed, he has scored a takedown in many matches outside of the last 20 seconds of period 3, so I think he has opened some. The problem is, if he would do just a tiny bit more, he would be a takedown machine (4-5) takedowns per match.

Reactions: alabama hank
Yes, I agree that Crutchmer does seem to be opening up a bit more. With his power and explosiveness he is practically unstoppable when he really turns it on. Hopefully the light comes fully on and he is a two time champ.

Reactions: alabama hank
Yes, I agree that Crutchmer does seem to be opening up a bit more. With his power and explosiveness he is practically unstoppable when he really turns it on. Hopefully the light comes fully on and he is a two time champ.

That would put us at 1 for sure, and 2 real possible, with 2 maybe 3 AA's, it's lookin good right now.

Honestly, I see Heil as a finalist. Crazy things happen in March and it is a long way until the Tourney; things could happen between now and then (knock on wood) but barring something wild, Dean is a finalist talent. So, we should have two in the finals and Crutchmer could find himself there if the bracket shakes out favorable again or he really opens it up....which would give us 3 in the finals.

Throw in Eddie, Colica, Marsden and maybe Boyd...we have a shot. It would be cool to get Rogers in there for some serious bonus...but who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT