ADVERTISEMENT

Ladarion Lockett

DEWrestlingFan

Commitment
Aug 31, 2005
Just watched this video of his matches in the U17 Worlds. This kid is the real deal. Seen an article saying he projects anywhere from 165-184 in college. I was surprised that he was not selected for the WNO matches this year. He did have a loss to Henckel at the Ironman last year that may have been the reason he didn't get in at 160. How would he have done against Ferrari at 170?

Just watched this video of his matches in the U17 Worlds. This kid is the real deal. Seen an article saying he projects anywhere from 165-184 in college. I was surprised that he was not selected for the WNO matches this year. He did have a loss to Henckel at the Ironman last year that may have been the reason he didn't get in at 160. How would he have done against Ferrari at 170?

He was selected had been training two months for the worlds to quick of a turnaround

The Ferraris can all fade into obscurity for all I care. Angelo seems like a d*** and his barely-on-the-rails Dad still shows up in his photo ops, Anthony is cosplaying as an Iowa wrestler even though he isn't on the roster, AJ is training for who the heck knows. Lockett is the opposite - dude can wreck while staying classy and humble. Hope he comes to wrestle for the good guys!

Angelo is a good kid, teammate and student.

That young man has had to navigate some very complicated family waters and hasn’t done anything deserving of being called whatever expletive that is.

His brothers and dad have earned their criticisms. No argument there.

That’s said, I wish he’d get his own signature flex instead of copying AJ’s.

The Ferraris can all fade into obscurity for all I care. Angelo seems like a d*** and his barely-on-the-rails Dad still shows up in his photo ops, Anthony is cosplaying as an Iowa wrestler even though he isn't on the roster, AJ is training for who the heck knows. Lockett is the opposite - dude can wreck while staying classy and humble. Hope he comes to wrestle for the good guys!
Amen

That young man has had to navigate some very complicated family waters and hasn’t done anything deserving of being called whatever expletive that is.

Actually, that’s a good point. I don’t know much about Angelo and I probably shouldn’t judge him by his family. He should distance himself from big bro if he doesn’t want to be lumped in with him

I don't envy him. For sure he probably has to put on all kinds of maschismo showmanship in order to fit in with his family. All that machismo showmanship seems to have intensified since they left Stillwater though, hence my judgment. Heck I probably showboated when I was in high school too. Hard to tell. Not really that invested.

Reactions: tom_v31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT