ADVERTISEMENT

U17/U20 Nationals This Week

He and Thompson will need to sort out 174/184 after this season. Have to think 197 and 285 are set for the next 4-5 years.

Heeg, Thompson, and Robb all have a high ceiling, IMO. Just need to find the right weight.
of the three mentioned above Heeg is a distant 3rd and the gap between 2nd and 3rd is large.

Great wrestling by Dee and Cael this weekend!

Went thru the entire thread and have a few thoughts, mainly on future line ups. Cael and Dee will obviously be fantastic additions to the line up. But the truth hurts and we are still miles behind that damn blue team out east. I would think Dee will be at either 65 or 74 but in the long term we have no really really good (psu good) solutions for whatever weight Dee doesn't go or 184. Nobody I watched for the Cowboys this weekend besides Cael and Dee can wrestle at the level of most of the recruits those other guys have coming in.

Thompson is getting his RS that we all think he needs. I'm far from sold on him. Can anyone tell me the last time psu had a true freshman in the line up that went 2 and done? Its happened sure but they're more likely to put a true freshman in the damn finals.

I want to be clear that I'm really excited about the direction the program is going and I think theres a bright future ahead. But that future will need to include recruiting over guys that we (as fans) may really like. I think Coleman is the right guy for the job and I think we see an even bigger difference/improvement this year in the team than we did last year. Excited to see who he's bringing in.

Also above someone asked if Spratley is moving to 33? He's small for 125. Sakamoto may wrestle 57kg for Japan but I think he'll move up to 133 eventually. I could see 133-149 all moving up after this year. Just my thoughts. If Dee grows you could possibly see everyone up to 157 move up. Again, these are my own thoughts.

Don't beat me up to bad lol.
There was only two guys there this weekend wrestling that will go to the ncaa championship for OSU .We saw them and everyone knows who they where ,and of course we will be better this year than last we might have 3-4 portal guys starting for us next year

There was only two guys there this weekend wrestling that will go to the ncaa championship for OSU .We saw them and everyone knows who they where ,and of course we will be better this year than last we might have 3-4 portal guys starting for us next year
when you say only 2 going, I'm assuming you mean next year, not necessarily in the future right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT