ADVERTISEMENT

Kaepernick Nike

Our metrics are different because you used the wrong date. It’s okay to admit you messed up on that. No biggie. And it is not “my dates” those are the correct dates.
And I certainly don’t dispute that Nike stock has outperformed the major stock indexes since the announcement. But to say it outperforms their peers is not necessarily accurate.

No. I always said the ad launch, which my dates were correct. You worked from the campaign announcement. Two different metrics, with two different sets of dates.

I will concede I did not know that the launch and announcement were separated by two days.

In fact using your dates, Nike further out performs the market as a whole.

BTW, not that it matters, but you must be flip-flopping your stock growth/loss percentages. The statement above is incorrect. Using a Aug 31st stock price for Nike and stock index date (DJIA and NASDAQ): Nike dropped over 3% on 9/4. Remember that is when some right-wing crazies wrote articles about how Nike value dropped significantly. The DJIA and Nasdaq hardly moved that day.

Nevertheless, I realize I am now just being argumentative to prove a point and not furthering any discussion. So I will drop it.

BTW, not that it matters, but you must be flip-flopping your stock growth/loss percentages. The statement above is incorrect. Using a Aug 31st stock price for Nike and stock index date (DJIA and NASDAQ): Nike dropped over 3% on 9/4. Remember that is when some right-wing crazies wrote articles about how Nike value dropped significantly. The DJIA and Nasdaq hardly moved that day.

Nevertheless, I realize I am now just being argumentative to prove a point and not furthering any discussion. So I will drop it.

I was using the Dow and S&P as barometers. Originally using the 9/4/18 date as a starting point and the closing numbers from last Friday. If I move back to 8/31/18 the spread increases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT