ADVERTISEMENT

Johns Hopkins: No evidence people are born gay or transgender

Surely if you can be so reasonable on gay sex you realize that much of Genesis is folklore.
Why? I can believe that God created Adam and Eve and believe the other as well. I see no in-congruence.

Agree 100% - but with so many made up genders and species people declare themselves to be, I can't keep up with complicated rules before I've met someone and choose to show them the human respect of referring to them how they want to be called. Compelled speech featuring made up pronouns is anti-free speech.
Totally agree. Anyone actually free in that will happily answer your question as to how they'd prefer to be addressed. Personally I'm not going to walk on egg shells around someone who's looking to be offended because they aren't affording me the same respect I'm trying to afford them.

In short, ask. They'll answer and be happy you asked. Anything less is an asshole looking to be offended with an agenda. Screw them.

Why? I can believe that God created Adam and Eve and believe the other as well. I see no in-congruence.

If you disagree with pilt you are unreasonable. Your dichotomy is:

0x000000EA.png

Reactions: Ostatedchi

It is an intrinsically disordered act that goes against Natural Law. It is no surprise that a staggering 20% of gay men have HIV. Even when controlled for AIDS, the “gay lifestyle” lowers life expectancy and objectively is just as bad for you as smoking is. We try to get people to stop smoking, yet society wants us to endorse the “gay lifestyle.”

Here’s a good book written by a liberal, gay-rights supporting Democrat about why redefining the meaning of the word “marriage” is a horrible idea for civilization:
Amazon product ASIN 1594032416

Last edited:
Reactions: AC_Exotic
No incongruence, and kudos to you for being the only biblical literalist I know who doesn't think gay sex is a sin. It is a just a rare combination that's all. Kind of like someone being a fan of the Yankees, Cowboys, Alabama football, Kentucky basketball, and the Charlotte Bobcats.

No incongruence, and kudos to you for being the only biblical literalist I know who doesn't think gay sex is a sin. It is a just a rare combination that's all. Kind of like someone being a fan of the Yankees, Cowboys, Alabama football, Kentucky basketball, and the Charlotte Bobcats.

A lot of people pick and choose which parts of the Bible they take literally. You might not know that since you were born yesterday.

No incongruence, and kudos to you for being the only biblical literalist I know who doesn't think gay sex is a sin. It is a just a rare combination that's all. Kind of like someone being a fan of the Yankees, Cowboys, Alabama football, Kentucky basketball, and the Golden State Warriors.
FIFY

Never posted on 24/7 before, but do lurk around here often. IMO, Ravi Zacharias does the best job of communicating a stance on this from the Christian worldview:

I look at marriage like a 2-piece jigsaw puzzle: the two pieces (man and woman) were designed in a way to fit together physically, emotionally, and spiritually, Combining the two as intended create the complete, sacred picture of what God intended. I don't believe that everyone with a same-sex attraction has it by choice, but I also don't believe it is possible for two people of the same gender to create this picture.

I like to differentiate between the ideas of equality (i.e. value, worth) and "sameness." I believe every gay person is my equal in that we both have the same value and standing before God. We are both fallen sinners whose only hope of getting into heaven is to put our hope and faith in Jesus. But a romantic relationship between two men or two women is not the SAME as the relationship between my wife and me.

Never posted on 24/7 before, but do lurk around here often. IMO, Ravi Zacharias does the best job of communicating a stance on this from the Christian worldview:

I look at marriage like a 2-piece jigsaw puzzle: the two pieces (man and woman) were designed in a way to fit together physically, emotionally, and spiritually, Combining the two as intended create the complete, sacred picture of what God intended. I don't believe that everyone with a same-sex attraction has it by choice, but I also don't believe it is possible for two people of the same gender to create this picture.

I like to differentiate between the ideas of equality (i.e. value, worth) and "sameness." I believe every gay person is my equal in that we both have the same value and standing before God. We are both fallen sinners whose only hope of getting into heaven is to put our hope and faith in Jesus. But a romantic relationship between two men or two women is not the SAME as the relationship between my wife and me.
OstateDChi how can you argue with this? God made us as puzzle pieces.

Is it your position that Christians are being unreasonable?

What would constitute reasonable behavior?

No, I think they, like trannies, freaks, dreamers, poets, self hating homo conservatives, fags, fag hags, tree huggers, incels, polyamorists, monogamists, polytheists, and hippies can evangelize as much as they want. And the rest of us can tune them out. It just seems rich for Christians (like Wharry) to b**** about someone else aggressively pushing an agenda.

Where are you in all this, Brad? Wharry doesn't believe the Christian narrative but still manages to um... well... he follows nonetheless? Shocked.

giphy.gif

No, I think they, like trannies, freaks, dreamers, poets, self hating homo conservatives, fags, fag hags, tree huggers, incels, polyamorists, monogamists, polytheists, and hippies can evangelize as much as they want. And the rest of us can tune them out. It just seems rich for Christians (like Wharry) to b**** about someone else aggressively pushing an agenda.

Where are you in all this, Brad? Wharry doesn't believe the Christian narrative but still manages to um... well... he follows nonetheless? Shocked.

Come again.

I think God is more of a 3D or 4D thinker and I would envision more of a Klein Bottle. Or if in 2D then a Möbius strip.

And I totally disagree that a romantic relationship between a man and woman is different than for same sex partners. God is love and as such love between two people is the same in the eyes of God.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I think God is more of a 3D or 4D thinker and I would envision more of a Klein Bottle. Or if in 2D then a Möbius strip.

And I totally disagree that a romantic relationship between a man and woman is different than for same sex partners. God is love and as such love between two people is the same in the eyes of God.

Thank you for the response, and I agree that God is love. Could you elaborate more on the bolded portion though? Obviously we shouldn't express our love for our spouse the same way we do our love for our children or parents, and vice versa.

Thank you for the response, and I agree that God is love. Could you elaborate more on the bolded portion though? Obviously we shouldn't express our love for our spouse the same way we do our love for our children or parents, and vice versa.
I just believe that being hetro/homosexual isn’t a choice. As such God created us that way. We are commanded to love one another. One of the expressions of that is romantic love. The expression of that can’t be different because of orientation.

A loving God wouldn’t create someone to be attracted to someone else and then forbid the expression of that love in all its forms. As long as it is between consenting adults, that can’t be a sin. Not today now that the continuation of the human race isn’t jeopardized by non-procreation. You say a man and a woman fit together like puzzle pieces. I can agree with that and also think that male/male and female/female puzzle pieces are made by God to fit together just as well.

Leviticus 20:25 “‘You must therefore make a distinction between clean and unclean animals and between unclean and clean birds. Do not defile yourselves by any animal or bird or anything that moves along the ground—those that I have set apart as unclean for you."

Leviticus 19:19 Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Leviticsu 19:27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

28 “‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.

I just believe that being hetro/homosexual isn’t a choice. As such God created us that way. We are commanded to love one another. One of the expressions of that is romantic love. The expression of that can’t be different because of orientation.

A loving God wouldn’t create someone to be attracted to someone else and then forbid the expression of that love in all its forms. As long as it is between consenting adults, that can’t be a sin. Not today now that the continuation of the human race isn’t jeopardized by non-procreation. You say a man and a woman fit together like puzzle pieces. I can agree with that and also think that male/male and female/female puzzle pieces are made by God to fit together just as well.

Understand, but respectfully disagree. In your opinion, should that expression of love be to only one person at a time? What if I felt like I was falling in love with some other woman who is not my wife?

And a special one for NZpoke

Leviticus 19:33 33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them.34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt

Understand, but respectfully disagree. In your opinion, should that expression of love be to only one person at a time? What if I felt like I was falling in love with some other woman who is not my wife?
according to the bible you could just marry her as well as long as you had enough cattle to pay her father.

Leviticus 20:25 “‘You must therefore make a distinction between clean and unclean animals and between unclean and clean birds. Do not defile yourselves by any animal or bird or anything that moves along the ground—those that I have set apart as unclean for you."

Matthew 15:11: "It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

Like DChi said, Jesus' death and subsequent resurrection established a new covenant with all of humanity.

Matthew 15:11: "It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

Like DChi said, Jesus' death and subsequent resurrection established a new covenant with all of humanity.
Amazing that Jesus's death and resurrection gave him line item veto over chapter 20 of Leviticus. Pigs are cool now, homos aren't.

Then divorce your wife and marry the new love. However I'd challange you to remember your wedding vows that you promised God that you'd love her till your death. Making that vow shouldn't be taken lightly. Breaking it even more so.

That being said we are all sinners and have to believe in our faith in God to save us. Short of Apostasy, all sins are equal.

Amazing that Jesus's death and resurrection gave him line item veto over chapter 20 of Leviticus. Pigs are cool now, homos aren't.

Couldn't agree more! Judging from how hard it would be to make (and keep) myself clean using the prescribed instructions given in the Pentateuch, I sure am thankful that Jesus took that on Himself for us.

Couldn't agree more! Judging from how hard it would be to make (and keep) myself clean using the prescribed instructions given in the Pentateuch, I sure am thankful that Jesus took that on Himself for us.
I'm sure the gays are happy too.

I laughed out loud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT