ADVERTISEMENT

I Get Criticized For Refusing To Vote

“Both are equally bad” is a bullshit cop out statement.
How so? Dan has every right to refrain from voting. We don't live in a totalitarian state where he is forced to cast a vote.

btw, I think he has made it rather clear that he doesn't think both Republicans and Democrats are equally bad.

No way I’ll vote for a Democrat. So who am I supposed to vote for? Republicans? No way I’ll vote for one of them.

I have no issue with you or anyone else not voting but I do have an issue with you not voting and then bitching about everything. Of course you have the right to bitch about anything you wish but when you refuse to participate in deciding who the leadership in the country is and all you do is bitch about it, it seems a little disingenuous.

Please do not take that wrong as I do understand the message sent by not voting ocassionally. I was asked a question the other day if in the Republican primary the choice was Trump or Romney who would I vote for, my answer was nether I wouldn't vote. in that primary. Now I would vote in the general just as a vote against Democrats. Republicans are not much better but IMO they are better for the country than Democrats.

I have no issue with you or anyone else not voting but I do have an issue with you not voting and then bitching about everything. Of course you have the right to bitch about anything you wish but when you refuse to participate in deciding who the leadership in the country is and all you do is bitch about it, it seems a little disingenuous.

Please do not take that wrong as I do understand the message sent by not voting ocassionally. I was asked a question the other day if in the Republican primary the choice was Trump or Romney who would I vote for, my answer was nether I wouldn't vote. in that primary. Now I would vote in the general just as a vote against Democrats. Republicans are not much better but IMO they are better for the country than Democrats.
I understand your reasoning but I disagree. Voting for one party or the other is a modern day Sophie's Choice. I can’t bring myself to voluntarily participate in my own abuse.

How so? Dan has every right to refrain from voting. We don't live in a totalitarian state where he is forced to cast a vote.

btw, I think he has made it rather clear that he doesn't think both Republicans and Democrats are equally bad.
Yes, he has the right. And i have the right to call it out for the bullshit that it is. Obviously you’re too stupid to understand that basic nuance.

Yes, he has the right. And I have the right to call it out for the bullshit that it is. Obviously you’re too stupid to understand that basic nuance.
You make your declaration in a harsh manner I woud never choose. You are 100%, grade A, 24 carat, gold plated correct. You're much smarter than your opponent, as both of you demonstrate regularly.

I have a good friend who never votes. He says, “I don’t vote so I feel I shouldn’t complain”. He will never discuss politics.

You have the right to vote for whoever you want, you also have the right not to vote.

PD it isn't about a "right" to do this or that, it is about civic responsibility/duty plain & simple. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died protecting this country & I can never not think about that when it seems the whole pallet of candidates sucks. Go vote against ever incumbent, don't vote for D's & R's even if they are your only choice, just bypass that vote & move down the ballot. But I implore everyone to vote, to much had been scarified by too many to not show up on any election day.

It sucks that often we have to vote for the lesser of two evils, but at least we don't live in the shithole europe where elections have so many parties that most of the time they can't get much of anything done. Or worse you have appointed EU officials (read "The New Road to Serfdom" to find out how f'up those fools are) who make dictates with virtually no possible pushback from the citizens.

No way I’ll vote for a Democrat. So who am I supposed to vote for? Republicans? No way I’ll vote for one of them.

There is an inside fight in the GOP right now for control of the party. As soon as Trump was ousted, the Bush/Romney/McCain wing or the Globalist wing of the party tried to retake control. Conservatives have been fighting this fight since Reagan. The Globalist side of the party has no problem siding with the Democrats as they don't care about the culture war. They only care about the MIC, globalism, and free trade, and they will give everything for those things. Dems know that and use it to pick away at the country.

Conservatives have been lied to as well by the Globalists. They went along with Bush, Romney, McCain, Dole. Only one won the Presidency and it was because he lied and said he was conservative. Everyone else ran on a "centrist" ideal and lost. Reagan and Trump were conservatives in practice. The conservative ideal of the GOP is the side trying to take back control of a party that has been Globalist since Bush Sr. It's honestly the best way to push conservatism forward, but they first need to wrestle control away from the Global elites. If the Republican party were to go all in on Conservatism, then I'm in and I will join a party for the first time ever, but until then I keep hoping and helping where I can anyone that will try to push the Conservative wing of the GOP into the control room. I'm very close these days to pulling that trigger to become a member of the GOP, but this civil war has kept me just on the outside looking in.

The two-party system is the one you have and trying to make a third party will only help the Democrats, it is what got Clinton elected twice. The only option is to try to take back control of the GOP for conservatives and press forward. When the globalists are gone or out of any kind of power the GOP is going to take off like wildfire. The best economic times this country has had in my lifetime were Reagan and Trump. It's no coincidence that both were staunchly conservatives.

There is an inside fight in the GOP right now for control of the party. As soon as Trump was ousted, the Bush/Romney/McCain wing or the Globalist wing of the party tried to retake control. Conservatives have been fighting this fight since Reagan. The Globalist side of the party has no problem siding with the Democrats as they don't care about the culture war. They only care about the MIC, globalism, and free trade, and they will give everything for those things. Dems know that and use it to pick away at the country.

Conservatives have been lied to as well by the Globalists. They went along with Bush, Romney, McCain, Dole. Only one won the Presidency and it was because he lied and said he was conservative. Everyone else ran on a "centrist" ideal and lost. Reagan and Trump were conservatives in practice. The conservative ideal of the GOP is the side trying to take back control of a party that has been Globalist since Bush Sr. It's honestly the best way to push conservatism forward, but they first need to wrestle control away from the Global elites. If the Republican party were to go all in on Conservatism, then I'm in and I will join a party for the first time ever, but until then I keep hoping and helping where I can anyone that will try to push the Conservative wing of the GOP into the control room. I'm very close these days to pulling that trigger to become a member of the GOP, but this civil war has kept me just on the outside looking in.

The two-party system is the one you have and trying to make a third party will only help the Democrats, it is what got Clinton elected twice. The only option is to try to take back control of the GOP for conservatives and press forward. When the globalists are gone or out of any kind of power the GOP is going to take off like wildfire. The best economic times this country has had in my lifetime were Reagan and Trump. It's no coincidence that both were staunchly conservatives.
Brother. 👍

PD it isn't about a "right" to do this or that, it is about civic responsibility/duty plain & simple. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died protecting this country & I can never not think about that when it seems the whole pallet of candidates sucks. Go vote against ever incumbent, don't vote for D's & R's even if they are your only choice, just bypass that vote & move down the ballot. But I implore everyone to vote, to much had been scarified by too many to not show up on any election day.

It sucks that often we have to vote for the lesser of two evils, but at least we don't live in the shithole europe where elections have so many parties that most of the time they can't get much of anything done. Or worse you have appointed EU officials (read "The New Road to Serfdom" to find out how f'up those fools are) who make dictates with virtually no possible pushback from the citizens.
I can't count the times I've simply voted against someone. Way more against Bee Tow than for A'bott'.
Yer an absolute genius my man. 👍
You know our bruthuh is a white supremacist racist. He likely preferred Hershel.

Reactions: iasooner2000
It is now 9:39 AM Central Standard Time in Dallas Texas and is daytime. 2 pesos will disagree and tell us all how stupid we are.

It is now 9:39 AM Central Standard Time in Dallas Texas and is daytime. 2 pesos will disagree and tell us all how stupid we are.
I'm well aware time slows for me when I travel by jetliner at 30,000 feet. I can name the formula used to measure the speed of light from my flashlight when I travel AMTRACK at 100 km/h. I can present no plausible argument to your declaration. You're telling us 2 pesos will declare SiL stupid? To my astonishment, I've seen it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT