ADVERTISEMENT

Think Tank: Russia Braces for NATO Conflict by '26 or '27

Sometimes it is the only option........I am for avoiding war if possible, but not always possible......and people who try to avoid it at all cost are the most dangerous people there are
Baloney! People who can’t find any solution short of war are a thousand times more dangerous than those that can.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Baloney! People who can’t find any solution short of war are a thousand times more dangerous than those that can.
"any solution" is not always the best solution.......You don't think we should have gone to war against Japan, or entered WW2 on the allies side?

"any solution" is not always the best solution.......You don't think we should have gone to war against Japan, or entered WW2 on the allies side?
The problem to solve when talking about things like this is the historical timeframe from which one wants to start. Had we been more diplomatic and less militarily confrontational at an earlier stage war could have been prevented. And IMO war is *never* the best solution. It gets people killed when it shouldn't. The error I think too many people make is they want to start the discussion when the actual fighting starts, and then say "well, what can we do, we can't stop it now, and anyone who wants to is being unrealistic." But to answer your question directly: no,I do not think we should have been involved in those wars.

• Haha
What makes them so valuable to us that we would do that? Would we do the same for New Guinea if it was invaded by Easter Island? What do we get in return for protecting Taiwan in the fashion you so desire?

Chips. Including those used in our high-tech weaponry, are manufactured in Tiawan. If China gets Tiawan. China gets our chips.

The problem to solve when talking about things like this is the historical timeframe from which one wants to start. Had we been more diplomatic and less militarily confrontational at an earlier stage war could have been prevented. And IMO war is *never* the best solution. It gets people killed when it shouldn't. The error I think too many people make is they want to start the discussion when the actual fighting starts, and then say "well, what can we do, we can't stop it now, and anyone who wants to is being unrealistic." But to answer your question directly: no,I do not think we should have been involved in those wars.
You are not just someone who is against war, you are out of touch with reality........the extremes of both sides are just as bad as each other.....those who are going to war no matter what, and those that try to avoid it no matter what......they are both extremely dangerous

Last edited:
Chips. Including those used in our high-tech weaponry, are manufactured in Tiawan. If China gets Tiawan. China gets our chips.
The horror! We should go to war with China and get tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands - maybe millions! - of people killed to protect our chips. We just haven’t had enough time to find any solution other than war.

• Haha
The horror! We should go to war with China and get tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands - maybe millions! - of people killed to protect our chips. We just haven’t had enough time to find any solution other than war.
China sees no other solution, Taiwan is a part of China in their eyes, China will not negotiate about it....end of story........the only way war is avoided is if Taiwan voluntarily unites with China.......Taiwan does not want too......England gave Hong Kong back to China in 1999 and China has not followed any of the agreements they agreed too.. China can't be trusted

You are not just someone who is against war, you are out of touch with reality........the extremes of both sides are just as bad as each other.....those who are going to war no matter what, and those that try to avoid it no matter what......they are both extremely dangerous
Yeah, you may be right. Reality has had us involved in nonstop military conflict for my entire 77 years on this earth. That’s the reality. So in a way I guess I’m glad to be out of touch with reality.

• Haha
China sees no other solution, Taiwan is a part of China in their eyes, China will not negotiate about it....end of story........the only way war is avoided is if Taiwan voluntarily unites with China.......Taiwan does not want too......England gave Hong Kong back to China in 1999 and China has not followed any of the agreements they agreed too.. China can't be trusted
Again: the horror! A government is untrustworthy! Even our own.

• Haha
As long as there are aggressors in the world, we will be involved....that is reality, you don;t have agree with all of the conflicts, but to just blanket disagree with them all , just because they are conflicts is dangerous also

England would never handed Hong Kong back if they knew how badly its people would be treated.........
England saw how the government of China treated its own people but for some reason thought it would treat the people in Hong Kong better? Is that what you’re saying?

• Haha

So, your peaceful solution is to let China roll over Tiawan and then be able to bully all of the rest of the world since there won't be anyone capable of stopping them?

So, your peaceful solution is to let China roll over Tiawan and then be able to bully all of the rest of the world since there won't be anyone capable of stopping them?
Right. We should be the ones doing the bullying. We’ve proven to be very good at it. So good half the world hates our guts. Let’s keep doing that.

Uhhhh....since Trump imposed tariffs , their exports actually increased more than enough to offset the decline of exports to the US.......it just cost the American consumer more money.....didn't hurt China
Costs the American Consumer more money buying crap made Chinese products that don't hold up so you have to buy another then another.

Reactions: iasooner2000
WTF, the US should not have been involved in WWII?

The Isolation movement int eh US in the 1930's was a major factor in leading up to WW 2......we have to stand up to aggressors, a strong military is the only way to do that.......talking only goes so far

Reactions: 2012Bearcat
The Isolation movement int eh US in the 1930's was a major factor in leading up to WW 2......we have to stand up to aggressors, a strong military is the only way to do that.......talking only goes so far
I am 100% on board with a military bristling with defensive capability. What I am not for is a military that is used to bully other countries into kissing our ring. Unfortunately that’s what we have and it has put us in conflicts across the globe and has created enmity toward us.

I am 100% on board with a military bristling with defensive capability. What I am not for is a military that is used to bully other countries into kissing our ring. Unfortunately that’s what we have and it has put us in conflicts across the globe and has created enmity toward us.
Unfortunately is does not work that way......if we were to sit back as an isolationist country, there would be other countries taking over the world, and no matter however strong our military was, it would not be strong enough to resist the rest of the world

Unfortunately is does not work that way......if we were to sit back as an isolationist country, there would be other countries taking over the world, and no matter however strong our military was, it would not be strong enough to resist the rest of the world
Spoken like a true NeoConservative. Be afraid! Be very afraid! But take heart, the NeoConservatives will protect us! Just give us more money and power and you’ll have to fear no one (except us).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT