ADVERTISEMENT

GOT 5/15

Final scene was pretty bad ass, didn't care for much of the rest of the episode.

Pretty much the same thing as with Karl Drago's funeral pyre. Big ass fire consumes everything else and she walks out naked and hot. It's an impressive trick. For the second time I thought Ramsey was about to bite it. I guess we're saving him for the battle with Jon and the wildings. Littlefinger crawled back out from under a rock. Sansa is turning into a bad ass. Tyrion's taking control. Cersei is back to her manipulating self. The episode was mostly about setting up future confrontations. You right, would have been pretty boring without naked Dany.

Pretty much the same thing as with Karl Drago's funeral pyre. Big ass fire consumes everything else and she walks out naked and hot. It's an impressive trick. For the second time I thought Ramsey was about to bite it. I guess we're saving him for the battle with Jon and the wildings. Littlefinger crawled back out from under a rock. Sansa is turning into a bad ass. Tyrion's taking control. Cersei is back to her manipulating self. The episode was mostly about setting up future confrontations. You right, would have been pretty boring without naked Dany.

Sure looked to me like that wasn't that actress who plays Dany in the final scene. They back-lit her so you couldn't see her face as clearly, but I am pretty sure that we still haven't seen that actress naked since season 1. I guess she agreed to do nude scenes to get on the show then either didn't feel comfortable doing them or decided that they couldn't fire her and she didn't have to do them anymore. Last night's actress looked taller than Dany also.

Unless I am mistaken, the fire burned all her hair off when Drogo died, but did not do so last night.

I had a problem with the Cersei scene. Kevan was acting like a complete wimp. Not close to consistent with the Kevan of the books or the Kevan we have previously seen. He let Cersei totally run over him last night and basically gave her the upper hand going forward. Without him trying to keep her in line, she will basically be able to do whatever she wants, but I guess that is what HBO wants.

I thought the Loras/Marjory scenes were pretty interesting. Was that the same actor that played Loras in past seasons? I couldn't tell. HBO is definitely laying the groundwork for an eventual showdown between Marjory and Cersei by making Marjory a super tough character.

I have to admit that I loved the reunion scenes between Sansa and Jon. Both characters have been through so much that it was nice to see them actually have something to be happy about. They are making her out to be a badass, which is cool. She is totally right. If Jon leads a Wildling army and asks the right northern lords, he will easily have enough men to challenge Ramsay's army. In addition, it sure sounds like Littlefinger is going to bring a huge Vale army that will join Jon/Sansa's.

Crazy that HBO brought the Osha actress back for a total of 10 minutes of screen time, this season, then killed her off. They sure do go out of their way to make the viewer hate Ramsay more and more.

So, I guess Dany now has what she originally wanted. A giant army that she can take to Westeros to claim her crown. I sure hope she gets on with it and doesn't waste her time trying to shut down slavery in Slaver's Bay.

I always love scenes with Tyrion showing that he is the most intelligent man in Essos, but I am so tired of hearing about the Slavers, Sons of the Harpy, etc. That whose region and story line seems like a massive waste of time.

We're at least a couple of seasons and two books from the showdown in King's landing. If all the tealeaves have been properly read she has to hook up with Jon Snow somehow. My guess is this season is the showdown between Jon & Ramsey and Cersei & the High Sparrow. You also have Dorne lurking although they may hook up with Dany. I'm not sure whether the final season will be Dany vs Cersei or everyone vs the Whitewalkers. Somehow both those battles have to play out. Remember the showrunners want to wrap it up in two more seasons and HBO wants up to ten. It seems like we are moving towards the later.

Unless I am mistaken, the fire burned all her hair off when Drogo died, but did not do so last night.

It didn't
B.jpg

Reactions: Been Jammin
We're at least a couple of seasons and two books from the showdown in King's landing. If all the tealeaves have been properly read she has to hook up with Jon Snow somehow. My guess is this season is the showdown between Jon & Ramsey and Cersei & the High Sparrow. You also have Dorne lurking although they may hook up with Dany. I'm not sure whether the final season will be Dany vs Cersei or everyone vs the Whitewalkers. Somehow both those battles have to play out. Remember the showrunners want to wrap it up in two more seasons and HBO wants up to ten. It seems like we are moving towards the later.

I call BS on the story that HBO will be able to wrap it up in only 2 more seasons (and abbreviated seasons at that). It is possible, but to do it, they would have to basically just give up and do some really poor scorched earth writing. They would have to totally forget about some characters (like Sam and Arya for example) and quickly kill off other characters and their stories. They could do it that way if they want to/need to, but it would really cause a significant dichotomy between the first 5 seasons and whatever is left. I think there has been a clear drop off as they venture into writing without GRRM's template to lean on, but the disparity would be even more glaring if they try to wrap everything up too quickly.

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury
Sure looked to me like that wasn't that actress who plays Dany in the final scene. They back-lit her so you couldn't see her face as clearly, but I am pretty sure that we still haven't seen that actress naked since season 1. I guess she agreed to do nude scenes to get on the show then either didn't feel comfortable doing them or decided that they couldn't fire her and she didn't have to do them anymore. Last night's actress looked taller than Dany also.

I had a problem with the Cersei scene. Kevan was acting like a complete wimp. Not close to consistent with the Kevan of the books or the Kevan we have previously seen. He let Cersei totally run over him last night and basically gave her the upper hand going forward. Without him trying to keep her in line, she will basically be able to do whatever she wants, but I guess that is what HBO wants.

I thought the Loras/Marjory scenes were pretty interesting. Was that the same actor that played Loras in past seasons? I couldn't tell. HBO is definitely laying the groundwork for an eventual showdown between Marjory and Cersei by making Marjory a super tough character.

I have to admit that I loved the reunion scenes between Sansa and Jon. Both characters have been through so much that it was nice to see them actually have something to be happy about. They are making her out to be a badass, which is cool. She is totally right. If Jon leads a Wildling army and asks the right northern lords, he will easily have enough men to challenge Ramsay's army. In addition, it sure sounds like Littlefinger is going to bring a huge Vale army that will join Jon/Sansa's.

Crazy that HBO brought the Osha actress back for a total of 10 minutes of screen time, this season, then killed her off. They sure do go out of their way to make the viewer hate Ramsay more and more.

So, I guess Dany now has what she originally wanted. A giant army that she can take to Westeros to claim her crown. I sure hope she gets on with it and doesn't waste her time trying to shut down slavery in Slaver's Bay.

I always love scenes with Tyrion showing that he is the most intelligent man in Essos, but I am so tired of hearing about the Slavers, Sons of the Harpy, etc. That whose region and story line seems like a massive waste of time.
There was an article just published in Entertainment Weekly where Emilia Clarke said that was her, not a body double. And she was naked in season 3 getting out of the bath in front of (the replacement) Daario Noharis.

There was an article just published in Entertainment Weekly where Emilia Clarke said that was her, not a body double. And she was naked in season 3 getting out of the bath in front of (the replacement) Daario Noharis.

Interesting. Thanks.

It was definitely a move the pieces around on the board to set up the next wave of action episode, just thought some of it was haphazard.

Dani happens to take a pee and runs smack dab into Jorah and Boy Toy, too easy. Jon Snow doesn't give a crap about white walkers, reborn Jon Snow is less bad ass than before death Jon Snow. Yay Osha is back!..well f**k. Cercie, Jamie, Kevan, Pycelle, Tommen.... damn near the same scenes as last week, they finally figure out they have freakin army that could crush the cult in seconds? They keep saying the people will revolt, but they haven't built up anything showing that the people actually like the cult. Plus the people LIKE Marjorie and the Tyrells, so... none of that is working for me. That all was much more believable in the books.

I liked both of the brother/sister reunion scenes (I actually liked the Pike scene better), though at times they do a poor job of making sure you realize that they have to travel long distances. Both reunions seemed to happen within 2 or 3 days of Sansa/Theon splitting. A throwaway line of "Jon, you've been sitting here for a week what are you going to do?", or "we've waited the customary 14 days, the kingsmoot shall begin in 3 more" would have helped.

@Cowpoke

Totally agree with all of your points. As I said earlier, it is becoming increasingly clear that when HBO writers don't have GRRM's scaffolding to lean on, the writing is not on close to the same level.

The one thing I can defend them on is the whole timing thing. For example, do we know that Stannis didn't die a month before Jon did, and it took Brienne 3 weeks to get Sansa to the wall (and 3 weeks for Theon to get back to Pyke)? If the Vale army shows up shortly after Jon leaves Castle Black, do we know that last night's Littlefinger scene did not actually take place 2 months ago? I think HBO has established that at least 2 years have passed since the opening episode (I don't remember exactly who made these comments, but one or two of the characters have made them within the last few episodes). It would have been nice if we had seen the Vale scene in this season's opening episode, then not seen those characters until they showed up to help in the battle for Winterfell (from the previews, I think Littlefinger arrives at Castle Black in the next episode). But, HBO has limitations. They can only squeeze so much into each episode and are also forced to be very ambiguous with timelines due to actors aging. So, I think viewers have to treat timelines the way they treat the concept of characters returning from the dead and the existence of Dragons/magic. That is just part of the lack of realism that we have to accept if we are going to enjoy the show.

@Cowpoke

Totally agree with all of your points. As I said earlier, it is becoming increasingly clear that when HBO writers don't have GRRM's scaffolding to lean on, the writing is not on close to the same level.

The one thing I can defend them on is the whole timing thing. For example, do we know that Stannis didn't die a month before Jon did, and it took Brienne 3 weeks to get Sansa to the wall (and 3 weeks for Theon to get back to Pyke)? If the Vale army shows up shortly after Jon leaves Castle Black, do we know that last night's Littlefinger scene did not actually take place 2 months ago? I think HBO has established that at least 2 years have passed since the opening episode (I don't remember exactly who made these comments, but one or two of the characters have made them within the last few episodes). It would have been nice if we had seen the Vale scene in this season's opening episode, then not seen those characters until they showed up to help in the battle for Winterfell (from the previews, I think Littlefinger arrives at Castle Black in the next episode). But, HBO has limitations. They can only squeeze so much into each episode and are also forced to be very ambiguous with timelines due to actors aging. So, I think viewers have to treat timelines the way they treat the concept of characters returning from the dead and the existence of Dragons/magic. That is just part of the lack of realism that we have to accept if we are going to enjoy the show.

Well, the red witch left Stannis shortly before he was killed, and arrived right after Jon died, they made it seem as though Jon was back alive only a couple of days before Sansa showed up. I know its nitpickng, just something that I think can be helped by simple dialog. It just bugs me because in the show you sort of feel like Westerose is about the size of Texas when its the supposed to be size of Africa.

3 points I forgot in my opening discussion of the episode...

I would have liked to see Margaery make that naked walk of shame. Guess that isn't going to happen.

Pyke sure looks like a lovely place to vacation. I know the whole idea is that it is a cold hard place to live and that is what makes the Ironborn so tough and mean. But, why would anyone have ever decided to call a place like that home?

I though the scene of Pycelle leaving the room, after Cersei told him to go, was pretty funny. Him taking so long to shuffle out cracked me up.

Well, the red witch left Stannis shortly before he was killed, and arrived right after Jon died, they made it seem as though Jon was back alive only a couple of days before Sansa showed up. I know its nitpickng, just something that I think can be helped by simple dialog. It just bugs me because in the show you sort of feel like Westerose is about the size of Texas when its the supposed to be size of Africa.

My point is that we don't know for sure how much time passed between when Mel left Stannis and when he died. It seemed like the next day, but some time could have passed between when he told her to go and when he felt his army was ready to attack Winterfell. Also, she arrived before Jon died. It might have been the night of, or a few nights before. I could be wrong on that timing, but she was already at Castle Black when he was stabbed.

But, you and I both agree that they do play fast and loose with travel time and with time passing between events that we see on screen. A lot of those issues are easily fixed with a bit of creative dialog, as you say.

I call BS on the story that HBO will be able to wrap it up in only 2 more seasons (and abbreviated seasons at that). It is possible, but to do it, they would have to basically just give up and do some really poor scorched earth writing. They would have to totally forget about some characters (like Sam and Arya for example) and quickly kill off other characters and their stories. They could do it that way if they want to/need to, but it would really cause a significant dichotomy between the first 5 seasons and whatever is left. I think there has been a clear drop off as they venture into writing without GRRM's template to lean on, but the disparity would be even more glaring if they try to wrap everything up too quickly.

I agree it seems like an unrealistic timetable but Benioff and Weiss are on record as saying its a seven season project and it looks like their sticking to their guns:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-showrunners-series-end-886845

Last edited:
I though the scene of Pycelle leaving the room, after Cersei told him to go, was pretty funny. Him taking so long to shuffle out cracked me up.

The fact that he isn't nearly as feeble as he acts still hasn't come up except for the scene showing that has it?

The fact that he isn't nearly as feeble as he acts still hasn't come up except for the scene showing that has it?

No. I think they have abandoned that line of thinking. Even in the GRRM version, he became an increasingly weakening character as the story progressed. In the opening book, he was portrayed as being a notch below Varys and Littlefinger as schemers in powerful positions who were able to significantly influence King's Landing and Westeros politics. As the story progressed, he became less and less of a player and was made to look more and more like a used up old man. And of course, in the 5th book....

"he is murdered by Varys in the epilogue (along with Kevan). "

I am so over the Slavers Bay and High Sparrow storylines. A couple cults throwing wrenches in the system, oh joy.

Boobs.

So no one talking about the possible hook up looming....

No yuk. I am talking about Tormund Giantsbane and Brienne.
I guess I don't think the idea is as "Yuk" as you do. Let's remember that they aren't really half brother and sister. They are (most likely) 1st cousins. Still too closely related for there to be no degree of "Yuk", but it wouldn't be totally outside the lines for this story. Certainly more acceptable than the Cersei/Jaime relationship.

I guess I don't think the idea is as "Yuk" as you do. Let's remember that they aren't really half brother and sister. They are (most likely) 1st cousins. Still too closely related for there to be no degree of "Yuk", but it wouldn't be totally outside the lines for this story. Certainly more acceptable than the Cersei/Jaime relationship.

Yeah but they don't know that. And the Starks really frowned upon the Lanister incest. Even Cercie/Lancell was portrayed as a bit messed up.

Ya family humping is for the Lanister twins. 1st cousin is still to close for my taste hell even 2nd is to close. Plus they grew up like brother and sister.

Ya family humping is for the Lanister twins. 1st cousin is still to close for my taste hell even 2nd is to close. Plus they grew up like brother and sister.

Well so far she had (1) an engagement at age 12 where they were just waiting for her first period so Joffery could quote "stick a baby up in her", been married to a dawf two or three times her age (actually her best deal) (3) and forced married to, raped & tortured by a sadist Ramsay who by the way had Theon whom she also grew up with as a brother prep her for him so hooking up with her first cousin would be the least of her problems.

I'm not saying it will happen. Just saying that it seemed like HBO might have been laying the groundwork for it to happen down the line.

Personally, I thought the reunion scenes, between the two, were really well done. I think it is totally realistic for the two of them to feel a strong bond after all they have been through and after losing/potentially losing people that both loved deeply (Ned and Robb being at the top of that list). I thought it was realistic that they would realize how silly it was for them to not treat each other like they did their other siblings when they were younger.

Reactions: JonnyVito
I'm not saying it will happen. Just saying that it seemed like HBO might have been laying the groundwork for it to happen down the line.

Personally, I thought the reunion scenes, between the two, were really well done. I think it is totally realistic for the two of them to feel a strong bond after all they have been through and after losing/potentially losing people that both loved deeply (Ned and Robb being at the top of that list). I thought it was realistic that they would realize how silly it was for them to not treat each other like they did their other siblings when they were younger.

I will be honest when they hugged at the Wall I got a teary eyed. One I feel sorry for Sansa in the HBO version. She was this stary eyed little girl who went off to Kings Landing with one sicko, Joffery, only to be handed around by everyone's bidding once the Stark house fell. Then she ended up with little finger finally being handed to Ramsey. Talk about a bad shake in life. I like how they show she has grown up and sees the reality of life. I hope her and Jon kick some ass but they will probably be killed by that snake Ramsey, guy has more lives then a cat.

I will be honest when they hugged at the Wall I got a teary eyed. One I feel sorry for Sansa in the HBO version. She was this stary eyed little girl who went off to Kings Landing with one sicko, Joffery, only to be handed around by everyone's bidding once the Stark house fell. Then she ended up with little finger finally being handed to Ramsey. Talk about a bad shake in life. I like how they show she has grown up and sees the reality of life. I hope her and Jon kick some ass but they will probably be killed by that snake Ramsey, guy has more lives then a cat.

Ramsay won't make it through to next season. They spend every episode giving the viewer another reason to hate him. Totally setting us up for the big payoff (his brutal death) in the season finale.

Reactions: Colorado_Poke
Ramsay won't make it through to next season. They spend every episode giving the viewer another reason to hate him. Totally setting us up for the big payoff (his brutal death) in the season finale.
Man I sure hope so right now the guy seems like he has every angle covered and seems to be ahead of every one by about two steps. He is a very cunning adversary to say the least. I like his character a lot more the Joffery thought because of how smart he seems to be. Joffery was just a spoiled brat this guy Ramsey is just pure sicko evilness. They guy playing him also is doing an excellent job of making us hate him very well done by the actor.

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT