ADVERTISEMENT

All These PSU Fans On Your Message Board Are…

All these PSU fans on your message board are…

• Total voters
As a PSU '91 alumnus and former PA HS wrester with a ton of respect for Oklahoma wresting I'm encouraged by the poll results here. Congrats on the DT hire. I think it was a great move and expect he will do very well at OSU. I hope our boards can maintain a respectful, mutual admiration and ask the sensible fans on both sides to continue to ignore the trolls.

There are great folks everywhere, and I too have a story about Oklahoma. Years ago my job involved a lot of travel and my first OK client was Hillcrest MC in Tulsa. A few days before my visit I received a call from the client asking me for the details of my flight info. Expecting a conversation about the cost of my airfare, rather it turned out the client simply wanted those details so they could personally greet me at the airport and take me to my hotel. In the years that that I've traveled for business that was the only time that happened. I spent a week working at Hillcrest and those folks couldn't have been nicer or more proud of their facility and the community. I was taken out to lunch each day and given a tour of the best local BBQ places. Aside from the unmatched hospitality, I remember thinking how pretty that part of the state was with green and rolling hills. I have had a soft place in my heart for OK ever since.

As a PSU '91 alumnus and former PA HS wrester with a ton of respect for Oklahoma wresting I'm encouraged by the poll results here. Congrats on the DT hire. I think it was a great move and expect he will do very well at OSU. I hope our boards can maintain a respectful, mutual admiration and ask the sensible fans on both sides to continue to ignore the trolls.

There are great folks everywhere, and I too have a story about Oklahoma. Years ago my job involved a lot of travel and my first OK client was Hillcrest MC in Tulsa. A few days before my visit I received a call from the client asking me for the details of my flight info. Expecting a conversation about the cost of my airfare, rather it turned out the client simply wanted those details so they could personally greet me at the airport and take me to my hotel. In the years that that I've traveled for business that was the only time that happened. I spent a week working at Hillcrest and those folks couldn't have been nicer or more proud of their facility and the community. I was taken out to lunch each day and given a tour of the best local BBQ places. Aside from the unmatched hospitality, I remember thinking how pretty that part of the state was with green and rolling hills. I have had a soft place in my heart for OK ever since.
What did you do at Hillcrest?

What did you do at Hillcrest?
Cardiology IT consulting. Incidentally, around the same time as Hillcrest, I worked at a site in Iowa (no names) and had a much different experience. But they do also have green hills... and I'm told hospitable folks :).

Honestly, I'm old enough now to know most folks are pretty the same everywhere when you get to know them. The worst site I ever worked at was in Pittsburgh. They put me though the ringer there but a couple years later my company hired the guy that I didn't get along with and we became colleagues and eventually good friends. Ultimately, that's what should matter. Programs working hard to challenge each other's to be better.

Cardiology IT consulting. Incidentally, around the same time as Hillcrest, I worked at a site in Iowa (no names) and had a much different experience. But they do also have green hills... and I'm told hospitable folks :).

Honestly, I'm old enough now to know most folks are pretty the same everywhere when you get to know them. The worst site I ever worked at was in Pittsburgh. They put me though the ringer there but a couple years later my company hired the guy that I didn't get along with and we became colleagues and eventually good friends. Ultimately, that's what should matter. Programs working hard to challenge each other's to be better.
Did you hear they got hit with a massive cyberattack recently?

I’ve worked with Hillcrest for 25 years. Great people, solid representation of Tulsa and Oklahoma.

Reactions: Dixi
He is. He just has severe distaste for rapists and rape enablers. If it makes you feel better he hates Baylor too.

No, he's still a
giphy.gif

Honestly, I moved from the south to Oklahoma about 11 years ago. Best choice of my life. On our first vacation, we had little ones and they have to go to the bathroom in inopportune times. Every time we pulled over, we had people pull up behind us and ask us if we needed any help. I’ve been a poke ever since

These are great. Thanks for posting. Did you compile these yourself? Could you go back to 2000 aka this century?

It's mostly compiled from the Penn State Wrestling Club website. The info from 2012 on was in an Excel compatible format so it was easy to format and organize. Pre-2012, not as easy.

It would be interesting to include 2000-2009. I'll put that on my to do list.

It's mostly compiled from the Penn State Wrestling Club website. The info from 2012 on was in an Excel compatible format so it was easy to format and organize. Pre-2012, not as easy.

It would be interesting to include 2000-2009. I'll put that on my to do list.
Cali, did you retire to have this much time on your hands?

Not to derail the thread..,

I don’t even have an Idea what the correct thread for this is…

Topic of the Day:
DT to Okla State
Mark Hall to OU
Cenzo to UNC RTC

The seal seems to have been broken. Everyone wants and will pursue Penn State guys from this point forward….Change my Mind 😊

Or…OR…Had the seal been broken already?

Topic of the Day:
DT to Okla State
Mark Hall to OU
Cenzo to UNC RTC

The seal seems to have been broken. Everyone wants and will pursue Penn State guys from this point forward….Change my Mind 😊

Well Mark and Cenzo had already been coaching at Penn and ASU but yeah I think it’ll get more popular. The problem is that going after former wrestlers is one thing… someone getting Casey, Cody or Jake is another imo

Reactions: tom_v31

Topic of the Day:
DT to Okla State
Mark Hall to OU
Cenzo to UNC RTC

Seal hadn’t been broken, until now. Those are some top notch coaches. I heard good things about Cenzo and I know Hall will be a fantastic coach, if that’s the route he wants to go. He’s got the perfect mindset and skill set to be an excellent coach.

I mean it’s not like they were all ready. Either getting legs under them or still competing on senior level. Timing was always going to take this long regardless of who went first.

Reactions: Pennstate1985

Topic of the Day:
DT to Okla State
Mark Hall to OU
Cenzo to UNC RTC

seal GIF by The Orchard Films

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT