ADVERTISEMENT

Down goes Marco

No. My preference would be to totally take the $$ out of politics altogether. That said, I think it's intellectually dishonest to complain about the effect of union spending. It is a FRACTION of what big business/billionaires spend, but conservatives are okay with that,though. I question the objectivity of someone that singles out union spending when it's not nearly as much as their opponents. Yes, unions buy influence, and yes, a Clinton is there to accept the $. Why bring that up, but not Sheldon Addelson or the tobacco industry's donations?

Please explain to me how unions spending millions of dollars extorted from the workers they enslave on behalf of the union bosses keeping themselves wealthy compares to a billionaire spending his own money. I have a feeling I will be highly entertained.

But it is Rubio's apparent difficulty keeping his personal finances separated from those of his party that has Republicans concerned.

The credit card bills show Rubio charged items including $765.05 at Apple's online store, as well as the $134 haircut and items such as $114.70 at Mario the Baker, $10.50 at an AMC movie theater and $68 at Happy Wine liquor store near his home. Rubio claims the Happy Wine charges were 'to buy sandwiches for working lunches in my office, a legitimate expense.'

Other charges on the American Express card included $1,456.87 at Disneyworld, $761.54 at Costco and $171.15 at the Flower Mart of Hialeah, Florida as well as several hundred dollars in delinquency payments.

Rubio also charged the party $1,000 for repairs - carried out by one of Braman's companies - to his family's minivan, He said the vehicle was damaged by a parking valet at a Republican Party event.

He then charged a further $2,976.15 for an Avis hire car he says he needed for five weeks.

Columnist Carl Hiaasen of the Miami Herald took him to task for one AmEx bill for $412 charged at All Fusion Electronics in Miami for 'computer repairs.'

'If you visit All Fusion, you won't see many computers. However, the company does sell drum kits, guitars and karaoke machines,' wrote Hiaasen.

For a minute there I was afraid you were going to say that he had some charitble organization that didn't actually fund charities.

Reactions: JonnyVito
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT