ADVERTISEMENT

Deer Season 2023

Missed out should have sat the other field. Can’t wait for Friday. Man life is funny.

killed a nice 12 point yesterday. he came over to check out a doe and a yearling. took the shot, he ran about 30 yds and went down. best deer i have ever had a shot at.

i was shaking so bad i could hardly go down the ladder from the deer stand.
i don't drink, but had a celebratory 24oz coors light, nothing ever tasted so good. i might hunt a doe during the antlerless season in december, maybe not.

break a leg to all you deer hunters.

one bullet at a time snowflakes, one bullet at a time

killed a nice 12 point yesterday. he came over to check out a doe and a yearling. took the shot, he ran about 30 yds and went down. best deer i have ever had a shot at.

i don't drink, but had a celebratory 24oz coors light, nothing ever tasted so good. i might hunt a doe during the antlerless season in december, maybe not.

NICE!!

Deer fever is a real thing.

I was in a ground blind in Canada that I had been sitting in for several days several hours a day. I looked up from my book and there was a bear sitting at the feed barrel on his ass eating. Never heard him move. I had to wait at least 5 minutes to calm down before I could get my bow steady enough to draw on him I was shaking so bad.

There is a very primal and raw need satisfied by hunting. Men are predators. It’s in our blood even if you never knew it.

Throwing down this evening trying to wrap a few things up at work then head out. Don’t say anything but at 5:44 if there isn’t a shot deer I am setting off this sow in heat scent bomb lol. I am just going to shellack everyone in the blind. I have watched 12 hours of you tubes on how to process wild pork. I need a GoPro…

Well guys I hit it hard this week and failed. I am no Jager miser only a Schweinejäger. I couldn't even be a hunter in the know and take a doe. I hunted the big buck and does for two weeks and man I felt like a jinxed kicker. Only thing keeping a smile on my face today is that both the biggest bucks I have had this season on my cams both showed up together and took a pic this morning on my cam. I guess I still have till Jan 15th with my bow to see if I can be a Hirschjäger after all.

can anybody suggest a good youtube video about removing just the back strap in the field. looking to kill a doe in the antlerless season for the back strap.

I keep telling my wife I don’t hunt enough. This dude finally came out in legal light. I wasn’t there of course.

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
Man, I haven't got to get back out and hunt in weeks. I had a couple days lined up and got sick as a dog on both days. Now its cold as balls.

So glad my target buck made it. I am going to go nuts for this guy come Oct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT