ADVERTISEMENT

Daredevil

cornichon

Heisman Candidate
Jan 5, 2003
Any of you nerds been watching? I'm about 3 or 4 episodes in, and it's pretty awesome so far.

Have only watched the first two episodes (caveat: I'm not a huge fan of "comic book" movies), I thought it was pretty darned good. Production values are top notch and I certainly like the ability to "binge watch" without having to wait a week to do so.

Finished it yesterday. Enjoyed it immensely. "Easter eggs" that only the most hard core fans will catch. Great production value. I hate that I know have to wait a long time for the next season, but am looking forward to Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

This post was edited on 4/12 3:30 PM by CowboyJD

I think it has been great also. I like the way they portray his abilities. Fairly realistic without the wjole ultrasound look of the affleck movie
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by CowboyJD:
Finished it yesterday. Enjoyed it immensely. "Easter eggs" that only the most hard core fans will catch. Great production value. I hate that I know have to wait a long time for the next season, but am looking forward to Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

This post was edited on 4/12 3:30 PM by CowboyJD
I felt the same about the wait. I didn't want to blow through it, but I will almost certainly finish it up today. I just get sucked in by the end of each episode and find myself watching one after another.

I know they're already filming Jessica Jones. Have you heard anything about when that might be coming out?

In the genre, I would suggest finding the original series of Japanese movies (plus the latter TV series featuring the same actor and film company) Zatoichi, the Blind Swordsman. They are kind of in the style of the Spaghetti Westerns which followed a decade or so later and even in one of the movies, Zatoichi meets Yojimbo (Toshiro Mifune) who was the original character on whom the man with no name was based.

He passes himself as a simple masseur (one of three professions apparently which were open to the blind in feudal Japan), but who actually possesses an incredible amount of skill with the blade.

Character development, although it can seem slow, is actually why I prefer shows like this to the cinema. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT