ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Pre Seeds

A poor first match by Mastro he won against NDSU but he needed bonus. He took down and got road the whole 2 minutes and he is limping. If a coach had him go down what a mistake because takedown were easy for Mastro.
Daton won by tech. and then Carter wrestled horrible and got soundly beat by Utah Valley. Two bad shots by Carter meant 2 go behinds for UVU. Then carter got rode the whole 3rd period just like Mastro.

Last edited:
A poor first match by Mastro he won against NDSU but he needed bonus. He took down and got road the whole 2 minutes and he is limping. If a coach had him go down what a mistake because takedown were easy for Mastro.
No he took neutral. He did get ridden out but he's visibily injured. Mastro just needs to win. Let everything else sort itself out.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
And Mastro brings down Sutton! Mastro dominated Surtin on their feet even tho the ref robbed Mastro of two TDs. Mastro and Surbers wins are big time.
Nice run of 3 matches Surber by major, Mastro a win over Surtain and Daton with a tech. Surber did major the UNI guy who beat him in the dual. Great win but his opponent had a big brace on 1 leg but injuries as we know are part of wrestling. Yes Mastro won the tough match on his feet.

Last edited:
Kid stalled his way from getting pinned.
Wittlake has a big brace on. He lost 4 to 0 against Weber of NDSU. Boy he should not have placed his legs in on that match he got injured. I was shocked when Wittlake did that because I can't remember him doing that before. Sheets lost a decision, the second half of the season he has really not wrestled well.

Last edited:
Wittlake has a big brace on. He lost 4 to 0 against Weber of NDSU. Boy he should not have placed his legs in on that match he got injured. I was shocked when Wittlake did that because I can't remember him doing that before. Sheets lost a decision, the second half of the season he has really not wrestled well.
Plott won by major. He wrestled okay, his opponent was way overmatched.

Travis does nothing to create angles or misdirection. No snaps, no level changes, no go behinds, just ties up and pushes and tries to grab an ankle for the whole match. Frustrating to watch.

wyatt too. Has one direction - forward. Obv I’m coaching from the couch but dang… move a little bit! Get funky!

Sheets and Wittlake had absolutely nothing going on. Wittlake wasn’t really limping but a couple times totally didn’t use his bad leg to push off or move when it was called for. Still he showed zero urgency like Sheets.

Sheets and Wittlake had absolutely nothing going on. Wittlake wasn’t really limping but a couple times totally didn’t use his bad leg to push off or move when it was called for. Still he showed zero urgency like Sheets.
Both these guys seem to think they can just push and squeeze their opponents into submission. No movement or misdirection at all.
If they’re gonna go all Iowa-style, they could at least channel DeSanto and push the pace. Anything really in addition to the tie ups would be good.

Reactions: turfpoke
I heard Coach Smith say that his injury can't get worse in his pre Tournament interview. Probably means Wittlake tore a ligament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT