ADVERTISEMENT

Best breakfast place you have ever eaten

BluegrassPoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2002
Frisco, TX
First, Wright’s Bacon is the best bacon.

George’s in Oak Park, IL (Chicago)

This place is da bomb. George is from Eastern Europe. His entire family works there. The omelets, hash browns, atmosphere is awesome. All kinds of languages being spoken. Our place was right across the street. My wife and kids would have eaten there every day. My son wants to go to Chicago for Spring break just to eat there. Share your breakfast spot.

I keep nominating George’s for Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. It will make it. I have even gotten emails saying it is on the shows radar.

Claus - Paris
Holmes and Co - Perth
Breakfast Klub - Houston
Pondicheri- Houston
DownHouse - Houston

1. Jim’s in Austin is pretty effing good (24 hrs)
2. Blue Bonnet Cafe, Marble Falls (anyplace with Pie Happy Hour and Breakfast All Day pretty good)

front.jpg

DSC06726.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: reddogjoel69
Cafe kacao is best in Okc. Nora's Fish Creek Inn in Jackson a Hole area is among best I've had. It's all about Huevos Ranchero for me. Nora's got it figured out. Bellagio Cafe in Vegas also exceptional.

El Sol on Western (24 hrs, sand dollar potatoes) could sling it. Tiny’s (hole in the wall on S. Main St) too..Is Perkins Family Restaurant still open? 2thumbs up

Last edited:
Metro Diner in philly was on my every other day rotation.

Introduced me to creamed chipped beef.

The Ruby Slipper Cafe- New Orleans, LA
The Pancakery- Destin, FL
Cindi’s NY Deli & Bakery- Dallas, TX
There is a place in Eureka Springs that’s in a log cabin type building, but I can’t remember the name of it. They had the biggest biscuits I’ve ever seen, & it was really good!

Vegas: Hash House a Go-Go

N'Awlins: Brennan's

DFW: Don't laugh until you've had it: Smoke (w. of downtown) has a surprisingly good bfast with gourmet B&G's that are good, but they dispense the gravy with a syringe. Why skimp on gravy? I like to think that I have corrected this. You don't turn the corner with biscuits and gravy by hoarding gravy.

Seattle: Toullouse, (sp?) but the touristy places in Pike's Market have a really nice view and good food, too.

OKC: Cafe Kaocao is supposed to be the rage. Eh -- hipster spin, I don't get it. Sunrise Cafe and Hatch are as strong as anything in the OKC metro. Whoever said Beverly's... really? Back in the day, Main Street Diner in Norman had the gold standard for huevos rancheros- I'd put them up against anybody's. Skirvin is not bad, but last time they brought in a B. Mayfield w a ponytail playing some smooth yazz in the corner. Hallmark shop-type smooth yazz.

Tulsa: Sigh. Maybe a brookfield on Peoria? I would expect Tulsa to have a better bfast place. I'm not hitting the right places, apparently. Ditto for Denver. Kind of underperforms with breakfast, imo.

Eureka Springs: Mud St. Cafe uber alles.

NYC: Never been blown away with a bfast.

San Fran: Mama's, but the line requires commitment.

Trying to get parking sucks though. This place is just right down the road from where we stay when in Branson.
We always stay at the Best Western next to Silver Dollar City. I have tried to go there several times and it was too crowded, might have to wake the family up extra early next month when we are there and try it!

Reactions: JonnyVito
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT