ADVERTISEMENT

Based On Most Of The Comments I’ve Seen On This Board

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Assuming this board is a close approximation of the country at large, I think it is fair to say the NeoCon elites that are in charge of our surveillance/security state are very pleased to see the American people behaving in the herd-like sheep mentality they have spent decades training us to exhibit. They probably sleep better tonight knowing they have led us to concentrate on the leaker, not the leaks. God forbid we question the leaks! They hastily pushed out the talking points the the leaker is a right-wing racist who divulged information that was of no great import (despite much of it having a Top Secret designation), that is not for public (public: that’s you and me) consumption but everybody else already knew so it isn’t as damaging to national security as we might think although it is horrendously damaging to national security to the point the information needs to be withheld from even more people. We’ve done a good job of doing as we’re told to do: ask questions about the leaker, drmand the government instill even greater secrecy and never - NEVER! - look twice at the leaks. People like @davidallen must be pleased to know they contribute to the narrative with magnanimous loyalty to the state.

Assuming this board is a close approximation of the country at large, I think it is fair to say the NeoCon elites that are in charge of our surveillance/security state are very pleased to see the American people behaving in the herd-like sheep mentality they have spent decades training us to exhibit. They probably sleep better tonight knowing they have led us to concentrate on the leaker, not the leaks. God forbid we question the leaks! They hastily pushed out the talking points the the leaker is a right-wing racist who divulged information that was of no great import (despite much of it having a Top Secret designation), that is not for public (public: that’s you and me) consumption but everybody else already knew so it isn’t as damaging to national security as we might think although it is horrendously damaging to national security to the point the information needs to be withheld from even more people. We’ve done a good job of doing as we’re told to do: ask questions about the leaker, drmand the government instill even greater secrecy and never - NEVER! - look twice at the leaks. People like @davidallen must be pleased to know they contribute to the narrative with magnanimous loyalty to the state.
There are a wide range of conservatives and republicans on the board, the left on the other hand does not vary from the same talking points all that much. They are pretty much parrots.

What was so damaging in the leaks?

Wasn't he a right winger?

What was so damaging in the leaks?

Wasn't he a right winger?
I'll ignore the first question beause it is a stupid question. What did he do to be called a right-winger? What specifically? What do you know about him - actually know (not something you heard second hand) - that makes him a right-winger? Would a right-winger who revealed classified documents *because* he is a right-winger, for example, have released information that Israel was very active in getting Trump elected in 2016, Israel made a deal with the Trump campaign that they would help him win if he would commit to acknowledging Jerusalem as Israel's capitol? One of the leaks shows Trump colluded with Israel to win in 2016. Would a right-winger have made that public? As you so often do you contradict yourself. One the one hand you pretend the leaks weren't that damaging, you're fine with what the NeoCons have been doing behind our backs, while on the other hand you have a hard on because you believe the leaker was a right-winger, as if that proves your hatred for all things right-wing is justified, as if it is SOP for right-wingers to leak classified documents. (In case you have forgotten, Daniel Ellsberg, Julian Assange, Eric Snowden and Glenn Greeneald were all considered left-wingers when they leaked classified info.) If the info is not that important why are you trying so hard to make the leaker a right-winger who leaked unimportant info? You need to make up your mind, get on one bandwagon and stay there. Otherwise you just look foolish.

Last edited:
I'll ignore the first question beause it is a stupid question. What did he do to be called a right-winger? What specifically? What do you know about him - actually know (not something you heard second hand) - that makes him a right-winger? Would a right-winger who revealed classified documents *because* he is a right-winger, for example, have released information that Israel was very active in getting Trump elected in 2016, Israel made a deal with the Trump campaign that they would help him win if he would commit to acknowledging Jerusalem as Israel's capitol? One of the leaks shows Trump colluded with Israel to win in 2016. Would a right-winger have made that public? As you so often do you contradict yourself. One the one hand you pretend the leaks weren't that damaging, you're fine with what the NeoCons have been doing behind our backs, while on the other hand you have a hard on because you believe the leaker was a right-winger, as if that proves your hatred for all things right-wing is justified, as if it is SOP for right-wingers to leak classified documents. (In case you have forgotten, Daniel Ellsberg, Julian Assange, Eric Snowden and Glenn Greeneald were all considered left-wingers when they leaked classified info.) If the info is not that important why are you trying so hard to make the leaker a right-winger who leaked unimportant info? You need to make up your mind, get on one bandwagon and stay there. Otherwise you just look foolish.
Why is the first question foolish? I'm asking what was damaging.

No, I have no firsthand knowledge of anything, I've only read media reports. Pray tell what was damaging that was released? If I'm wrong about the kid being a right wingers, okay, but releasing info about Israel helping Trump isn't exactly a dead cinch. His social media was pretty clear about his political convictions, have you read about that?

Why is the first question foolish? I'm asking what was damaging.

No, I have no firsthand knowledge of anything, I've only read media reports. Pray tell what was damaging that was released? If I'm wrong about the kid being a right wingers, okay, but releasing info about Israel helping Trump isn't exactly a dead cinch. His social media was pretty clear about his political convictions, have you read about that?
So you chortle with glee when left wing media tells you something you want to hear, having no idea whether it is true or not. You just accept it because left-wing media said it. How is that any different from your accusing others of accepting what right-wing media tells them?

The first question is foolish because the revelations were broadcast in front of the American public's eyes for the first time, and the surveillance/security state went into Code Red of Spin trying to put the public back into its usual hypnotic state. And I have to admit it has worked like a charm! People like you and @davidallen gobble it up like chocolate pudding, repeating the buzz words that have been sent out, pretending you are being unique in your perspective while each and every one of you spouts the same nonsense, usually right down to the very words you have been programmed to use. I wish I could snap my fingers and bring you around.

Reactions: iasooner2000
So you chortle with glee when left wing media tells you something you want to hear, having no idea whether it is true or not.
No, I only chortle with glee at good news. I don't laugh if there's an earthquake or the phillies win a pennant, only things that personally appeal to me. Yes, I do have some idea if it's true or not. I listen to people that have a basis of credibility regarding the gist of events they portray.

You just accept it because left-wing media said it. How is that any different from your accusing others of accepting what right-wing media tells them?

Well, again, it depends. I don't find every non-right wing media outlet to be left wing, and I don't always accept everything they say. I generally accept their news as truth unless it's proven otherwise. Right wing media has demonstrated over and again that they deliberately propagate lies to further their agenda. It's reduce to writing in the FOX texts and Dominion voting machines is having a trial against FOX right now, in fact.

The first question is foolish because the revelations were broadcast in front of the American public's eyes for the first time,
Well, no, at least one that I know about was not. The one about Ukraine doing stuff behind enemy lines has been extensively followed for months on twitter. At least weekly some mysterious explosion or fire and people all over the world laugh comment and congratulate Ukraine. It's just not true, this was open source, obvious, and a constant internet presence. I don't know what the other "revelations" were. THis one isn't suprising or upsetting to me. Why would we expect Ukraine to just sit behind their own borders and not disrupt Russian actions in Russia? Hello?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT