ADVERTISEMENT

Apollo 13 anniversary

purkey

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
hard to imagine Jim Lovell is 92 years old. I think that was NASA's greatest feat.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
I really thought Lovell did a great job in Saving Private Ryan too.

Honestly, it's pretty sobering to see what we accomplished in the 60s and how much we've fallen backwards b/c of political lack of foresight and commitment.

2560px-NASA-Budget-Federal.svg.png

Reactions: CowboyTanker
I really thought Lovell did a great job in Saving Private Ryan too.

Honestly, it's pretty sobering to see what we accomplished in the 60s and how much we've fallen backwards b/c of political lack of foresight and commitment.

2560px-NASA-Budget-Federal.svg.png

while I do wish we would fund NASA a bit more, we were in a cold war in the 60's and that's the reason so much money got pumped to NASA. If Russia wasn't pushing the space race we would not have spent that much money and gone back to the moon as many times as we did.

while I do wish we would fund NASA a bit more, we were in a cold war in the 60's and that's the reason so much money got pumped to NASA. If Russia wasn't pushing the space race we would not have spent that much money and gone back to the moon as many times as we did.

Sure, no doubt the cold war was the fuel for the big spending.

All that said, the opportunity cost for taking the foot off the pedal can never be measured in lost technology or forwarding mankind’s greater potential. Politicians by their very selfish and limited term perspective rarely have genuine foresight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT