ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody got a decent view of the eclipse?

Here in Tyler, the clouds parted beautifully the last 45 seconds to 1 minute of the total eclipse where I work. My wife was able to get an even better view from UT-Tyler campus.

Yea 18 miles west of Fort Worth. Had just a tiny speck of sunlight at full eclipse. Become pretty dark, temperature dropped, the birds quit flying and it was strangely silent.
I think it was in 2017 when it happened over us. A beautiful blue sky day. Just gorgeous. Wife and I talked about it this morning. The silence was amazing. It was an almost spiritual experience.

I drove to Clarksville, Arkansas to view. High, thin clouds were no issue and it was an awesome experience. The drive back to Ft. Smith on I-40 in bumper to bumper traffic at 30 mph average was a different story.
About 3-4 minutes into totality, somebody shouted that we have 360 degree sunset. I looked around and it was amazing to see that phenomenon.

Last edited:
I didn't use the numerically dysfunctional and idiotic Fahrenheit nor Celsius system to measure.
So was it one “brrr” or two “brrrs”?

Seriously, I remember all of us putting on sweatshirts when it happened. I guess it was maybe 20 idiot degrees difference. But we were higher in the mountains.

@OUSOONER67 arent you near the path this go around?

Anybody else?
Yes we were in the path of totality. Pretty cool to see and we enjoyed it. Got pretty dark and there was a sunset and sunrise at the same time. Was cool to look at with the naked eye when it was in totality, could only do that for a couple of minutes then you had to put the glasses back on.
040824_sb_eclipse_02_t800.jpeg

Last edited:
So was it one “brrr” or two “brrrs”?

Seriously, I remember all of us putting on sweatshirts when it happened. I guess it was maybe 20 idiot degrees difference. But we were higher in the mountains.

It only cooled off 4 degrees here in North Dallas.

I was breeding heifers in Hugo, Ok. Got a really good view of it. Temp dropped some and it was dark.
I didn't feel a change in temp. The "idiot degrees" cracks me up!!!!! The Cowboys are a great bunch of guys for entertainment. I wish we had a Sooner site that matches up with this one.

I've wanted to experience a total eclipse all of my life.

Visited my youngest son in central Arkansas. Very strange to look into the sky and view a black globe where the sun normally sits.

Wildlife grew completely silent during the 3 minutes and crickets started chirping. Very bizarre.

It was totally worth the effort to get there and I'll never forget it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT