ADVERTISEMENT

Another day, another mass shooting

anon_xl72qcu5isp39

Heisman Candidate
Sep 7, 2008
Now it's a theater in Louisiana. Shot 2, injured 7 and then killed himself.

Guess we should have... what, have more guns? In Lafayette? He shot himself, so I guess we didn't need the vigilante thing. If this was Isis shooting Americans you'd all be screaming to invade Asia on 5 different fronts and impose a draft. And blaming Obama. But hey -- if it's 'murican guns killing people trying to watch a move it's just the price of freedom.

Guess we should have... what, have more guns? In Lafayette? He shot himself, so I guess we didn't need the vigilante thing. If this was Isis shooting Americans you'd all be screaming to invade Asia on 5 different fronts and impose a draft. And blaming Obama. But hey -- if it's 'murican guns killing people trying to watch a move it's just the price of freedom.
Sniffing glue AND paint is bad for your brain. Sniffing either is bad, but it's clear you've crossed that single dipping line.

Kudos for not mentioning Bush.

Yet....

If you apply this logic to the quintuple homicide then we should take 'merican's knives.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Sys is actually gleeful about this shooting. It's his chance to try and use biting satire against all us right wing crazies. Giant fail of course but I know in his little mind he is totally self satisfied with himself.

Reactions: CBradSmith
and sys would be one of the dead ones since he wouldn't have a gun to shoot back with.

I'm sure the movie theater was a gun free zone so really no one should have had a gun in there. Weird.

Just an FYI to my peps even though they are declared gun free if you have a conceal carry license and they find out you have a gun they can only ask you to leave. Then if you don't leave legal action can be brought against you. Only place I don't carry is on Indian land. Oh and federal buildings of course. I am not a nut job but I do believe in protecting myself since it is my right as an American.

Shouldn't the ticket attendant have been smart enough to not sell tickets to a gun? I mean, who lets a gun walk up to a counter an buy a ticket? We shouldn't allow them to walk around freely if they are going cause harm.

Reactions: wyomingosualum
Shocked to hear he was a well known loon with severe bi-polar disorder and a history of protective orders against him by his family.

Yet again, psychotropic drugs will be the only common thread to other mass shootings, but by all means let's talk about guns. Idiocy.

Yesterday in Broken Arrow, two teens killed 5 people with hatchets and knives in a much more successful mass murder, but obviously we need more gun laws - not an overhaul of the mental health system.

@syskatine you should be ashamed, you soulless parrot.

You must really look forward to stories like this.

There's a dick move straight out of republican playbook., i.e. If you have no response, just make a personal attack. If you're ever up for discussing the topic instead of shooting the messenger you know where to find me. Until then, just impute bad motivations on someone that points out yet another mass shooting while you propose....... breathe from the mouth and buyin' more guns? Then, accuse someone that wants to do something about it as enjoying murder? Congrats, you're now a registered dick.

Shocked to hear he was a well known loon with severe bi-polar disorder and a history of protective orders against him by his family.

Yet again, psychotropic drugs will be the only common thread to other mass shootings, but by all means let's talk about guns. Idiocy.

Yesterday in Broken Arrow, two teens killed 5 people with hatchets and knives in a much more successful mass murder, but obviously we need more gun laws - not an overhaul of the mental health system.

Care to compare and contrast the number of people killed with hatchets vs. guns? What multiplier would you like to use, dumbass? Or is that even relevant? Is your paranoia of big gubmint' so severe that the number of people that are killed by wackos with a gun is literally irrelevant to enable your childish fantasy of armed rebellion?

No, they aren't the only common thread. That shows what a dumbass you are -- there's another common thread: GUNS - and probably semiautomatic ones in the hands of someone that's really crazy and/or mean. But you're gonna say, ""psychotropic drugs will be the only comoon thread to other mass shootings...." WTF are you even trying to say? You do realize you just acknowledged that mass shootings are just a way of life? You have nothing -- a tired, slippery slope argument that enables tragedy, redneck fantasies and criminality. Your mental gymnastics to avoid basic common sense is a laugh.

He was a republican, but was denied a conceal carry permit. So what do we conclude from this?

TJo1x.jpg

Obama-- it is ok to send assault rifles to Syria but Americans be damned if you own one!!!

Care to compare and contrast the number of people killed with hatchets vs. guns? What multiplier would you like to use, dumbass? Or is that even relevant? Is your paranoia of big gubmint' so severe that the number of people that are killed by wackos with a gun is literally irrelevant to enable your childish fantasy of armed rebellion?
Cars kill more people than guns so let's get rid of them.

I thought all these people packing six shooters on their hips were supposed to prevent all these shootings?

I thought all these people packing six shooters on their hips were supposed to prevent all these shootings?

Even if everyone in the theater was packing six shooters it wouldn't have prevented this. Might have stopped it, but not prevented it. Instead of that sick bastard taking his own life someone else would have done it for him.

This idea that somehow the government can control who and where a person has a gun is the most ridiculous thing ever.

I've got news for you gun control advocates, the genie is out of the bottle and it's not going to go back in. There are far to many guns in the world and anyone who is serious about getting one can and will, regardless of where they are in the world.

Someone please show me the evidence that proves that legally armed citizens are causing gun violence and death.

Well, I don't know, Dong. I'll play along: How do you propose we "take the crazy people away" in your scenario?

Not asking you to play along just asking a question. Your solution to this problem, as you have stated constantly on this board, is to take guns away from people. Do you have any other suggestions or is that it? Maybe mentally sick people need to be dealt with instead of "let's just take everyone's guns away". You know that will never work.

Reactions: JonnyVito

Right? Note the collective response:

1. The liberals that discuss it like mass shootings;
2. There shouldn't be crazy people;
3. A variety of the old slippery slope "People also drive cars/use combs/brush their teeth/carry pocketknives" argument.

You aren't seeing the "we just need more guns" response, as that one's pretty well out the window since he shot himself. You also get a conversation change when you note that Europe doesn't have near the issues.

Not asking you to play along just asking a question. Your solution to this problem, as you have stated constantly on this board, is to take guns away from people. Do you have any other suggestions or is that it? Maybe mentally sick people need to be dealt with instead of "let's just take everyone's guns away". You know that will never work.

There's a ton of gun control ideas out there, and I would support whatever's effective. I think suing the manufacturer and distributor that put inherently dangerous devises that are intended to kill in a crazy person's hand is one solution. Nobody can say, "Oh, I didn't know that when I sold that gun a crazy person could get it and hurt someone" anymore.

3. A variety of the old slippery slope "People also drive cars/use combs/brush their teeth/carry pocketknives" argument.

You aren't seeing the "we just need more guns" response, as that one's pretty well out the window since he shot himself. You also get a conversation change when you note that Europe doesn't have near the issues.
Then go live in Europe.

There's a ton of gun control ideas out there, and I would support whatever's effective. I think suing the manufacturer and distributor that put inherently dangerous devises that are intended to kill in a crazy person's hand is one solution. Nobody can say, "Oh, I didn't know that when I sold that gun a crazy person could get it and hurt someone" anymore.
All guns are dangerous, even the ones that don't look scary.

Reactions: inspoke

You don't know what you're talking about. Yes there is more gun violence in the United States but it's not because of mass shootings, and right wing crazies, it's because of out of control minority on minority inner city gang violence. Where I might note gun laws are the strictest.

Europe has some really serious problems unique to them and they are getting worse daily. It's not the utopia liberals think it is.

Sys....thinking that a gun ban will put an end to mass shootings is about as absurd of an idea as building a wall along the Mexican border to effectively keep illegal aliens from entering the country.

There's a ton of gun control ideas out there, and I would support whatever's effective.

I like concrete proposals such as this.

I think suing the manufacturer and distributor that put inherently dangerous devises that are intended to kill in a crazy person's hand is one solution.

Do you plan on suing the federal government as well for mandating a form that the crazy person fills out and has only to check a box that states they're not crazy in order to successfully purchase the gun? Just check the box, medical privacy laws protect the privacy of the crazy person who lies on the form, and the crazy person gets to have the gun....

People have always and will always find ways to kill others. Guns, bombs, knives, baseball bats, mobs, etc.

Banning guns is a knee jerk reaction. Cases like this do point out where already established laws are not always followed or followed well.

No, they aren't the only common thread. That shows what a dumbass you are -- there's another common thread: GUNS - and probably semiautomatic ones in the hands of someone that's really crazy and/or mean. But you're gonna say, ""psychotropic drugs will be the only comoon thread to other mass shootings...." WTF are you even trying to say? You do realize you just acknowledged that mass shootings are just a way of life? You have nothing -- a tired, slippery slope argument that enables tragedy, redneck fantasies and criminality. Your mental gymnastics to avoid basic common sense is a laugh.

Lame.

There's a dick move straight out of republican playbook., i.e. If you have no response, just make a personal attack. If you're ever up for discussing the topic instead of shooting the messenger you know where to find me. Until then, just impute bad motivations on someone that points out yet another mass shooting while you propose....... breathe from the mouth and buyin' more guns? Then, accuse someone that wants to do something about it as enjoying murder? Congrats, you're now a registered dick.

Registered Dick? Great band name.

You guys didn't know that laws prevent crimes? You silly fools. Don't you know anything about history? We banned alcohol and it ended alcoholism, drunk driving, beating your wife, wearing Sooners caps, no wait a minute. Nevermind. We had a war on drugs and now no one gets high, sniffs coke, takes bath salts, eats the flesh of, no no. Just another minute. We banned the making of bombs and......shit. Okay, okay, let's see, murder is illegal, happens everyday, theft too.

Got it! Oklahoma banned whaling within state borders. Oklahoma, zero whale deaths since, well, forever. By God, laws do work!!!! We just need more of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT