ADVERTISEMENT

2015 USA Wrestling's National Dual Championships, Tulsa,OK

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
The Junior National duals are moving from OKC to Tulsa this year and will be at the Cox Business Center, 100 Civic Center, Tulsa, OK. The event runs from Tuesday 6/23 through Saturday 6/27. Greco Roman wrestling starts on 6/24 and continues through Thursday 6/25.
Free style wrestling starts 9am on Friday 6/26 and ends on Saturday 6/27 with finals scheduled at 6pm.
It is estimated that 38 teams will participate from all over the U.S. Team Oklahoma won this tournament last year and will have a strong contingent for this year's duals.
I intend to be in the seats at the Cox business center for this and tentatively KC Scott, Michael Tognetti, Earl Gentry will be joining me for the two days of freestyle on 6/26 and 6/27. Micco who lives in Tulsa will also be in attendance. I would urge all wrestling fans to be there as it will feature rising young stars from Oklahoma and throughout the country.

Reactions: cachap5327
The Junior National duals are moving from OKC to Tulsa this year and will be at the Cox Business Center, 100 Civic Center, Tulsa, OK. The event runs from Tuesday 6/23 through Saturday 6/27. Greco Roman wrestling starts on 6/24 and continues through Thursday 6/25.
Free style wrestling starts 9am on Friday 6/26 and ends on Saturday 6/27 with finals scheduled at 6pm.
It is estimated that 38 teams will participate from all over the U.S. Team Oklahoma won this tournament last year and will have a strong contingent for this year's duals.
I intend to be in the seats at the Cox business center for this and tentatively KC Scott, Michael Tognetti, Earl Gentry will be joining me for the two days of freestyle on 6/26 and 6/27. Micco who lives in Tulsa will also be in attendance. I would urge all wrestling fans to be there as it will feature rising young stars from Oklahoma and throughout the country.
I failed to mention that Tognetti will sign autographs at the event. If the line gets too long he will rent out another hall in the center to accommodate. He promised not to spell (print)his name the same each time so autographs will be unique. For a penny you can get his opinion on anything.

Reactions: Gooseeman
How much is it to get Mike to stop giving his opinion?
Somebody needs to tell the Iowa board what's going on outside of Iowa, especially when it comes to recruiting. Half the board think every year that the top 15 recruits in all weights are going to Iowa and when that doesn't happen they can't figure out why. The next year come around and half the board is talking about the top 10 in all weights for sure going to Iowa and when that doesn't happen, well cycle continues. Every once in a while a squirrel gets a nut, but half the board live in LaLa land.

Yeah, I really enjoy the enthusiasm and passion on that board. They get excited,of that there is no doubt. I just could not resist throwing a jab at big Mike (so I am told he is big) when it was so easy to do.

Yeah, I really enjoy the enthusiasm and passion on that board. They get excited,of that there is no doubt. I just could not resist throwing a jab at big Mike (so I am told he is big) when it was so easy to do.
Lookleft- The opening in his face is big. That comes from giving it plenty of exercise.

Lookleft- The opening in his face is big. That comes from giving it plenty of exercise.
Thanks Oberebo, pretty accurate statement, Big Mike is 5' 8" Lookleft, so big isn't always in height, my wife says I'm big and that is the one that counts! lol

Micco told oberebo he is going to TRY to go, so there is no solid confirmation on this point yet. I'm trying to seal that up because I know ticket prices and sales will depend on whether or not they can get that info out to the public in time.

But just the idea of a maybe from MiccoMacey is enough to drive ticket sales up a few notches.

http://s100.trackwrestling.com/tw/teamtournaments/tournamentparticipants.jsp?TIm=143
Track wrestling list of Oklahoma wrestlers entered in this tournament shows 23 on the Oklahoma team and most notable from an OK STATE standpoint are Kaid Brock,132,Jordan Dierenger 182,Daton Fix120,Kaden Gfeller 126, Boo Lewallen 138,Tristan Moran 145,Wyatt Sheets 152, Joe Smith 160. It looks like a very strong team. I will be there for the freestyle on Friday/Saturday 6/26 and 6/27 at the Cox Business Center, 100 Civic Center ,Tulsa,OK
starting at 9AM. Mr. Earl, KC Scott and Togneto will be joining me to view the action. Hope to see a bunch of Cowboys there rooting for their future wrestlers.
BTW I just discovered the link does not get you to the right place but you can go to Track wrestling and click on this tournament enter and then click on wrestlers to get the full list of everyone that has registered so far.

http://s100.trackwrestling.com/tw/teamtournaments/tournamentparticipants.jsp?TIm=143
Track wrestling list of Oklahoma wrestlers entered in this tournament shows 23 on the Oklahoma team and most notable from an OK STATE standpoint are Kaid Brock,132,Jordan Dierenger 182,Daton Fix120,Kaden Gfeller 126, Boo Lewallen 138,Tristan Moran 145,Wyatt Sheets 152, Joe Smith 160. It looks like a very strong team. I will be there for the freestyle on Friday/Saturday 6/26 and 6/27 at the Cox Business Center, 100 Civic Center ,Tulsa,OK
starting at 9AM. Mr. Earl, KC Scott and Togneto will be joining me to view the action. Hope to see a bunch of Cowboys there rooting for their future wrestlers.
BTW I just discovered the link does not get you to the right place but you can go to Track wrestling and click on this tournament enter and then click on wrestlers to get the full list of everyone that has registered so far.
For those of you who do not have the time or inclination to go to track here is the full list of the Oklahoma team to this date.
Steven Allen at 195, Montorie Bridges at 120,Kaid Brock 132, Kyler Childers,220,Russell Coats220,Josh Copeland113,Jordan Dieringer 182,Dalton Duffield120,Daton Fix 120, Brik Fillippo 138,Kaden Gfeller 126,FRhett Golowenski 100, Hayden Hansen 170, Evan Hudson 195, Cody Karstetter 132,Boo Lewallen 138, Moses Mayhue 160, Bryson McGowan 285,Tristan Moran 145, Mason Naifeh 106, Wyagtt Sheets 152, Joe Smith 160, Korey Walker 285.

Tutorial from big city guy for you cow tippers.
To paste a direct link to a trackwrestling event:
Click on "Information" in the top row of options.
Select "Direct Link" from the drop down.
Copy/paste the provided link. You can only link to main page of tournament so whoever you provide the link to will have to do their own navigating from there.

Greco
http://www.trackwrestling.com/teamtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=128010

Freestyle
http://www.trackwrestling.com/teamtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=129010

No charge

Tutorial from big city guy for you cow tippers.
To paste a direct link to a trackwrestling event:
Click on "Information" in the top row of options.
Select "Direct Link" from the drop down.
Copy/paste the provided link. You can only link to main page of tournament so whoever you provide the link to will have to do their own navigating from there.

Greco
http://www.trackwrestling.com/teamtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=128010

Freestyle
http://www.trackwrestling.com/teamtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=129010

No charge
Thanks to the Big city guy for the direct links. Looks like we will have an excellent team top to bottom.
100 Rhett Golowenski
106 Mason Naifeh
113 Josh Copeland
120 Daton Fix, Montorie Bridges, Dalton Duffield
126 Kaden Gfeller
132 Kaid Brock, Cody Karstetter
138 Boo Lewallen, Brik Filippo
145 Tristan Moran
152 Wyatt Sheets
160 Joe Smith,Moses Mayhew
170 Hayden Hansen
182 Jordan Dierenger
195 Steve Allen, Evan Hudson
220 Kyler childers, Russell Coats
285 Bryson McGowan, Korey Walker

Thanks to the Big city guy for the direct links. Looks like we will have an excellent team top to bottom.
100 Rhett Golowenski
106 Mason Naifeh
113 Josh Copeland
120 Daton Fix, Montorie Bridges, Dalton Duffield
126 Kaden Gfeller
132 Kaid Brock, Cody Karstetter
138 Boo Lewallen, Brik Filippo
145 Tristan Moran
152 Wyatt Sheets
160 Joe Smith,Moses Mayhew
170 Hayden Hansen
182 Jordan Dierenger
195 Steve Allen, Evan Hudson
220 Kyler childers, Russell Coats
285 Bryson McGowan, Korey Walker
32 teams have indicated they are coming and so far only 7 teams have sent in their list of wrestlers so expect many more wrestlers to enter in the days ahead.

32 teams have indicated they are coming and so far only 7 teams have sent in their list of wrestlers so expect many more wrestlers to enter in the days ahead.
Minnesota added two teams yesterday to up the total by 47 wrestlers. Still waiting for large teams from Iowa,PA,Illinois and Ohio and several more.

Minnesota added two teams yesterday to up the total by 47 wrestlers. Still waiting for large teams from Iowa,PA,Illinois and Ohio and several more.
Teams expected to come but not officially listed include Illinois, Washington, Missouri, Louisianna and the two Dakotas. However Missouri, Illinois and Washington have officially listed their Greco teams and the Greco team for Illinois does show Andrew Marsden.

Teams expected to come but not officially listed include Illinois, Washington, Missouri, Louisianna and the two Dakotas. However Missouri, Illinois and Washington have officially listed their Greco teams and the Greco team for Illinois does show Andrew Marsden.
Iowa has now listed 24 wrestlers on their Greco team so that leaves Louisianna and both Dakotas who have not officially entered the tournament.

Iowa has now listed 24 wrestlers on their Greco team so that leaves Louisianna and both Dakotas who have not officially entered the tournament.
I do not intend to follow the Greco closely but Team Oklahoma won their first dual over Nebraska 52-16 and they are seeded #1 in Pool D. Most of the freestylers are also wrestling Greco but not all. Mayhew lost at 160, Bahl won at 170,Allen had a fall at 195,Coats had a tf at 220 and Walker dec. stone 11-3 at 285. Surprisingly Golowenski
lost 0-7 at 100, Naifeh tf at 106, Copeland fall at 113, Bridges tf at 120, Gfeller fall at 126,Brock tf at 132, Lewallen tech fall at 138, Moran and sheets both had forfeits at 145 and 152. I find it hard to watch most of these matches but it is what you are used to I guess.Illinois is by far the #1 overall seed in Greco and won their first match over Texas 67-2 which means they won every match. Utah, California red and Minnesota are also strong teams.

Last edited:
Oklahoma defeated Georgia 46-20, they face winner of Michigan/Minnesota in finals of pool D. Track is not following very well, they weren't showing oklahoma even wrestling, but I found them on the live stream by going mat to mat.

Oklahoma defeated Georgia 46-20, they face winner of Michigan/Minnesota in finals of pool D. Track is not following very well, they weren't showing oklahoma even wrestling, but I found them on the live stream by going mat to mat.
Oklahoma defeats Mn 1 33-31 and forfeited the last match at 152. Joe Smith had a tf at 160, Bahl loses by tf , Owen Webster tf over Jordan Dierenger at 182, Evan Hudson loses 7-3 at 195, Kyler Childers had a fall at 220, McGowen loses 5-4, Golowenski wins at 100 3-1, Naifeh fall over Drogenmueller at 106, Copeland lost by tf, Duffield had a tf at 120, Kaden Gfeller had a tf at 126,Karstetter lost to Mitch McKee 9-2, Brik Filippo wins 6-6 on criteria, Moran loses 6-0 at 145 and we forfeit at 152.

Oklahoma defeats Mn 1 33-31 and forfeited the last match at 152. Joe Smith had a tf at 160, Bahl loses by tf , Owen Webster tf over Jordan Dierenger at 182, Evan Hudson loses 7-3 at 195, Kyler Childers had a fall at 220, McGowen loses 5-4, Golowenski wins at 100 3-1, Naifeh fall over Drogenmueller at 106, Copeland lost by tf, Duffield had a tf at 120, Kaden Gfeller had a tf at 126,Karstetter lost to Mitch McKee 9-2, Brik Filippo wins 6-6 on criteria, Moran loses 6-0 at 145 and we forfeit at 152.
Illinois wins pool A over Arizona 55-10, California Red wins pool B over Iowa 45-20, Utah wins Pool C 36-28 over Washington and Oklahoma wins Pool D over Minnesota 33-31.

The key to that dual was Childers, he was down by 6 or 8 when he got the pin.
Congrats to the Oklahoma team!!

The key to that dual was Childers, he was down by 6 or 8 when he got the pin.
Congrats to the Oklahoma team!!
I believe we will finish 4th. I am not down on the Oklahoma team or their wrestlers but this is not Oklahoma's style of wrestling. The other three pool winners all stress Greco more than Oklahoma. Some of our very good wrestlers won on talent and not skill and some looked like they were struggling in the Greco style.

I believe we will finish 4th. I am not down on the Oklahoma team or their wrestlers but this is not Oklahoma's style of wrestling. The other three pool winners all stress Greco more than Oklahoma. Some of our very good wrestlers won on talent and not skill and some looked like they were struggling in the Greco style.
Nailed it.

Nailed it.
The Greco Gold /silver pool is set and it appears Oklahoma will first wrestle Washington starting at 9am this morning and follow that with a match against Iowa and finally a match against Illinois. Oklahoma looks to have close matches against Iowa and Washington according to seeding points however Illinois is just way dominant over all of the other teams in Greco.

The Greco Gold /silver pool is set and it appears Oklahoma will first wrestle Washington starting at 9am this morning and follow that with a match against Iowa and finally a match against Illinois. Oklahoma looks to have close matches against Iowa and Washington according to seeding points however Illinois is just way dominant over all of the other teams in Greco.
Team Oklahoma dec.team Washington 38-30. We held two Stillwater wrestlers out (Joe Smith and Jordan Dierenger). Steve Allen at 195 had a fall in 14 seconds. Kyler Childers at 220 had a tech fall, Korey Walker lost to Orndor 0-6, Golowenski loses by tf, Naifeh wins by tf, Copeland wins by tf, Duffield wins by fall, Kaden Gfeller wins 4-3 in a very close match over Dalton Young, Kaid Brock wins by tf, Brik filippo wins by tf, Tristan Moran wins by tf, Wyatt Sheets loses by DQ,(he was trailing big time), Christian Bahl loses 9-2 and Dan Baker loses by tf.
Again in some weights and in particular Golowenski and Sheets we looked like we had never wrestled Greco. Others also looked very tentative due to this style. Both Golowenski and Sheets will do better in freestyle.

Team Oklahoma dec.team Washington 38-30. We held two Stillwater wrestlers out (Joe Smith and Jordan Dierenger). Steve Allen at 195 had a fall in 14 seconds. Kyler Childers at 220 had a tech fall, Korey Walker lost to Orndor 0-6, Golowenski loses by tf, Naifeh wins by tf, Copeland wins by tf, Duffield wins by fall, Kaden Gfeller wins 4-3 in a very close match over Dalton Young, Kaid Brock wins by tf, Brik filippo wins by tf, Tristan Moran wins by tf, Wyatt Sheets loses by DQ,(he was trailing big time), Christian Bahl loses 9-2 and Dan Baker loses by tf.
Again in some weights and in particular Golowenski and Sheets we looked like we had never wrestled Greco. Others also looked very tentative due to this style. Both Golowenski and Sheets will do better in freestyle.
Iowa is up next and they managed to win one match against Illinois with the final score 54-10. Illinois again is that much better than the rest of the field. Oklahoma and Iowa will be competitive.

Iowa is up next and they managed to win one match against Illinois with the final score 54-10. Illinois again is that much better than the rest of the field. Oklahoma and Iowa will be competitive.
BTW Andrew Marsden made his first appearance for Illinois at 220 pounds and scored a 10-0 tf in 30 seconds. Ethan Anderson is ranked #3 by flo at 220 pounds. This is an impressive win.

Oklahoma defeated Iowa 42-25. Next up is Illinois. Curious what happens after this next round. Illinois most likely defeats oklahoma and Minnesota most likely defeats Arizona. That would make Illinois and Minnesota undefeated today, but Oklahoma defeated Minnesota yesterday in pool D finals. Who would face Illinois in the finals? That would be a tough break if it was Minnesota, if so it would have been better to lose yesterday to have the draw that avoids Illinois. Either way they are doing very well.

Oklahoma defeated Iowa 42-25. Next up is Illinois. Curious what happens after this next round. Illinois most likely defeats oklahoma and Minnesota most likely defeats Arizona. That would make Illinois and Minnesota undefeated today, but Oklahoma defeated Minnesota yesterday in pool D finals. Who would face Illinois in the finals? That would be a tough break if it was Minnesota, if so it would have been better to lose yesterday to have the draw that avoids Illinois. Either way they are doing very well.
Oklahoma is doing well but not in the league with Illinois in Greco which is funny as we should be favored in freestyle. It is not out of the real of possibility that we would get shut out or close to being shut out by Illinois.

I wonder why the Stillwater boys were held out of the Washington match. Maybe it was just resting them as they had a solid backup or just very confident we would win as a team regardless?

Oklahoma is doing well but not in the league with Illinois in Greco which is funny as we should be favored in freestyle. It is not out of the real of possibility that we would get shut out or close to being shut out by Illinois.
Just a heads up, after 8 matches Oklahoma leads 21-14.

Illinois up 30-27 with 2 matches to go. Dierenger v Bey was exciting Bey hit a 4 point throw quick, then dierenger hit a 4, then Bey hit 2 4s, then dierenger hits another 4, but stepped out first. Bey ended up with the TF.

Illinois won 36-29. Looks like Oklahoma will wrestler the winner of the Utah or California Red for third place. Too bad that we beat Minnesota yesterday who will be wrestling for 1st with Illinois.

I have read four post by Oberebo about how Oklahoma couldn't hold Illinois jock strap, time to eat some crow Oberebo. Good job Oklahoma, gave them a run for the money.

I have read four post by Oberebo about how Oklahoma couldn't hold Illinois jock strap, time to eat some crow Oberebo. Good job Oklahoma, gave them a run for the money.
9 matches to 6. In 2 of the OK wins IL sat starters and in another was winning comfortably before a head lock/pin. Based on the way IL was rolling he was not wrong in thinking IL was much better at Greco (maybe reaching with talks of OK possibly not winning a match). IL still won and it could have been worse.

Where he might eat crow is thinking OK is the favorite in freestyle. I see them being favored at only 6 of 15 weights vs IL.

Illinois up 30-27 with 2 matches to go. Dierenger v Bey was exciting Bey hit a 4 point throw quick, then dierenger hit a 4, then Bey hit 2 4s, then dierenger hits another 4, but stepped out first. Bey ended up with the TF.
Win or lose, Bey is must watch TV. During match against MN's Webster Bey tossed him. Webster responds with a back supe of his own and then baled every time Bey got position so he didn’t take the 2 extra trips Lil Ringer did.

I made that observation on the MN forum yesterday just after you guys beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT