ADVERTISEMENT

2015 dapper dan

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
The USA team has been announced. Joe Smith will go at 160 most likely against Frsnklin Regionals Josh Shields an ASU commit. At 138 is Davion Jeffries an ou commit and he should fave Hempfields Sam Krivus a UVA commit. Nick Piccinnini goes at 126, his matchup is not so clear, there are no PA seniors ranked very high, but there are two ranked at 132. Possibly either Korbin Meyers an Edinboro commit or AC Headlee a NC commit could come down. Most likely Meyers, but I don't know.

With losses at FloNationals and State last year to Lewallen, why was Jeffries selected for DD instead? Was it because he split with the Blair kid?

It is all based on ranking. Even though Lewallen has beaten Jeffries his ranking is much lower. In the early season national tournaments Jeffries did much better. At the beginning of the season Lewallen was top 5 or 6, but he has dropped to the mid teens. The choice for 138 came down to Jeffries or Kolozik.

boo will face jeffries this weekend which will tell us a lot. thy both jumped from 126 to 138 this year and it looks like jeffires is handling the weight gain better but boo will be ready. boo could have definitely went to 32 this year but he wanted the challenge. boo dropped to the teens because he lost a match at reno to an unranked kid.

Boo is a tough kid but seems to tend to wrestle up or down to his competition. He is not flashy or a big scorer but seems to always wrestle within himself and do enough to win.

from watching boo the last 4 years hes not conservative at all. hes a really good technician and he seems to always look to score but where he seems to struggle is with more physically stronger wrestlers....hes def tough and i expect for him to come into his own once he gets to osu and have the privilege of training with some of the best partners in college who will push him to the max.

Thompsonja, can Yukon knock off Broken Arrow or Stillwater. I know they are seeded third and had a great year but it seems like the gap is too big. Also noticed Tyler Stillwell signed with UCO. Seems like OU should have looked at him.

I don`t think I have ever watched Boo wrestle and come away feeling as if he dominated his opponent he seems to put forth just enough effort and offense to win. He is nowhere near flashy just knows how to win from what I have seen of him. I don`t see Yukon having enough to beat either BA or Stillwater from what I have seen of those 3 teams but stranger things have happened. It should be BA & Stillwater in the finals and I will be there to watch it as it should be a great match again.

cb4. out of 32 wins this year boo has 22 falls 2 tech falls 4 majors 3 decisions. when you wrestle other top guys most of the time ur not going to dominate. example i watched the kaid brock wrestle cody karsteller of said springs the kids not ranked but beat him by three points. don't like making excuses for wrestlers because they are like no other athlete meaning they are tougher but boo wrestled the whole tournament with a ligament tear in his knee at reno and lost to a pretty good easton pa guy who was super strong.

as far as yukon upsetting BA or Stillwater its going to take the perfect storm. yukon has a pretty solid line up and they will be able to compete. i wouldn't be surprise if it was real close. tyler stillwell wanted to play football and wrestle and uco offered him to do both. they are one of the only places that offered him both. i think uco had a guy named dustin fin a couple of years ago who did the same thing. if i were ou i would have def tried to take a pitch at him because he has a good upside and he has a nice build for a heavy

This post was edited on 2/9 2:42 PM by thompsonja

Going to repeat what I've said on here before ... Boo won a state title two years ago, with one arm. He's wrestling way up this year, because its best for yukon. I doubt he's cutting a pound.

I really like this kid and have huge hopes for him in our room. He's the kind of kid that will come in, work his tail off, and surprise people.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I am not disparaging Boo nor am I attempting to diminish his accomplishments or his skillset I am simply stating what I have witnessed personally and heard others state the same or similar opinions. He could be our next Johny Thompson for all I know and I hope he is as we need this next recruiting class to really step up for us to be back in the title hunt for number 35.

If he is wrestling up, where does he project in college? Seems like he would be a 33 pounder? If so the room will be really competitive at that weight.

he's thinking 41 but osu recruited him as a 33/41 pounder. he has a nice long frame so a redshirt year with added muscle will do him well.

I don't have far to drive to see this match(2 miles) and looking forward to seeing both 5A and 6A as Shawnee is in the 5A duals. Got to admit I will be ;pulling for Stillwater in the 6A duals.

dual state

Originally posted by oberebo:
I don't have far to drive to see this match (2 miles) and looking forward to seeing both 5A and 6A as Shawnee is in the 5A duals. Got to admit I will be pulling for Stillwater in the 6A duals.

are you going to give updates?

April beat me to it. Watched the match and Boo had two takedowns and a near fall and gave up a takedown late to make the score closer but he was definitely the best wrestler today. Way to go Cowboy Boo!!

ba rolls yukon 43-15...... they went on a fall spree after the 138 match. i think out of the last 7 matches ba had like 5 falls.

Is that all your going to say about Boo thomsonja? If that was me I would be pounding my chest saying "that's my boy, Boo dominating like he has all season"!
timmy_muscle_beach_re_visited_by_hoffy0016-d3gw5uq.jpg
[/URL]

lol mike i'm not going to lie It crossed my mind but boo did the talking 4 me. but my ears are open to receive any "you were rights" (jk guys). they will met again i believe at state and we will see how that goes. but 4 now boo is standing tall

This post was edited on 2/14 10:15 PM by thompsonja

You my boy, Boo!

To say that Boo represents what we think of, when we think of Cowboys, and Jeffries represents what we think of, when we think of sooners, is simplistic, yet accurate.

5A was very close with Altus losing to Collinsville by 1 point and a pinning contest in the other semi final with Coweta beating Lawton McArthur then Collinsville beat Coweta pretty handily. Boo dominated Jeffries but BA smoked Yukon by around 30 points and Stillwater beat Union by about the same and then our 220 moved up to heavy and beat the BA heavyweight to win the dual for Stillwater.

dual state

i am loving the success of the Stillwater wrestling team.

Well, I don't fear nothing except for myself
So I'm gonna go out to raise me some hell
I'll take my chances, I was born to run wild

Re: dual state

Same here about Stillwater High, but next year we need a few transfers coming in from out of state to have the success we've been having.

state will give you the final notice that you are not an expert on any type of wrestling !!!!

Originally posted by Cowguy:
You my boy, Boo!

To say that Boo represents what we think of, when we think of Cowboys, and Jeffries represents what we think of, when we think of sooners, is simplistic, yet accurate.
Cowguy,
What does your comment mean? Your comment seems like a cheap shot at Jeffries. Boo has Jeffries number and that's okay because everyone has a nemesis. Both wrestlers were recruited by both institution and they decided to attend the school that they felt comfortable attending. So obviously "OSU" felt that Jeffries had what it takes to be a "Cowboy".

@cowguy...

WOW, that was a crazy cheap shot at a kid, you have your on opinion, although I think you just showed your ignorance ... At the end of the day he is from Oklahoma, It is good to see a kid from Oklahoma be successful; weather it be at OSU or OU or any other D1 college; Now do you know Jeffries history prob not, but I will tell you he has several ex-teammates that wrestle for OSU, that he would be ranking daily for a spot on the team, at the weight class he is being recruited for 141/149... so I guess that makes him a loser.... cause that is what you called him; Show some class cowguy...

Cowboy v sooner. not sure how two of you read so deep into it.

No different than the Howe/Perry gigs from last season.

Simply making a tongue in cheek gig that Cowboys beat Sooners in wrestling.

Again. Pretty big stretch to get so upset.

If the results are ever reversed, feel free to take your shots back.

And obviously I'm sorry that people were offended. The Cowboys on this board know we are very good friends with several wrestlers at ou.

That's all I'm going to add to this thread. Piece all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT