ADVERTISEMENT

“Stop the war games they’re very expensive!”

This actually makes sense. Today, you have all 4 major branches performing space operations independently of each other. While you may look at this and see soldiers in space suits, I see it as a consolidation of our satellite management requirements. But who knows at this point.

Reactions: DrunkenViking
This actually makes sense.

I agree and this should enjoy bipartisan support.

The only concern I would express is that we as a nation should support a fully international approach to space travel and exploration. We shouldn't spread the conflicts of humanity into outer space.

And clearly FAR more expensive than some military drills in South Korea lol

I know your m.o. is to spout whatever you find and circlejerk your lols and carry on and whatnot, but this isn’t exactly a novel concept. The Air Force didn’t come about as a separate branch until 1947 and that was largely because the army and navy refused to concede that air power had changed the dynamics of warfare and defence until WWII came along and Germany and Japan proved it.

It may end up being an expensive boondoggle, but there’s some benefit to having a whole class of assets under one command and not just a “we only care about this if we get money for it” mission for the other branches.

Soldiers in space? Dumbass idea...period.

From what I am reading, Trump is proposing consolidating the space functions that are currently divided among the military branches into one branch. Streamline the system. Why is that a bad idea? I don't really care for his 'American dominance" rhetoric in support of this, but the policy itself, if coupled with a commitment to international cooperation, seems like a solid idea.

btw, we have always had "soldiers" in space, you do realize this correct?

And clearly FAR more expensive than some military drills in South Korea lol

Just because Trump made some foolish remarks about those military exercises doesn't mean this proposal is a bad idea.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
Consolidating resources to eliminate duplication in government is something that needs to be done at all levels not just the military.

He's not creating anything that doesn't already exist.

Of couse TDS has rotted your brain so an idea like this that will make things less complicated and reduce costs goes completely over your head.

Reactions: Medic007
Consolidating resources to eliminate duplication in government is something that needs to be done at all levels not just the military.

Of couse TDS has rotted your brain so an idea like this that will make things less complicated and reduce costs goes completely over your head.

Wrong again idiot lol...I even quoted a source familiar to all of you conservatives haha..

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...t-space-force-as-6th-branch-military.amp.html

Did you actually read the article you posted? I did, and must have missed the section on space soldiers. It did talk about the need to consolidate satellite management, space lane creation/aggregation, and other real-world space issues beyond GI Joes with lasers and space suits.

“We are going to have a space force,” Trump said in Washington D.C. “An Air Force and a Space Force. Separate, but equal.”

“Along with the call for the “space force,” Trump also called for a build-up in the long term presence in space, threw his support behind the nascent commercial space travel industry and signed a directive to manage space traffic”

That you don’t get how you just took one upside the head says much.

I’m very close to offering you a weekly salary to try harder to not be so stupid. Very close.

Wrong again idiot lol...I even quoted a source familiar to all of you conservatives haha..

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...t-space-force-as-6th-branch-military.amp.html
If you don't realize that most if not all the branches of the military are heavily involved in research and development of space warfare technology you are out of touch.

I eagerly await your your next childish name calling and stupid lol's after every ridiculous comment.

That you don’t get how you just took one upside the head says much.

I’m very close to offering you a weekly salary to try harder to not be so stupid. Very close.

I don’t soak up the Trumpspeak lol. Sorry you’re so gullible haha

“We are going to have a space force,” Trump said in Washington D.C. “An Air Force and a Space Force. Separate, but equal.”

“Along with the call for the “space force,” Trump also called for a build-up in the long term presence in space, threw his support behind the nascent commercial space travel industry and signed a directive to manage space traffic”

Again, what is wrong with this from a policy standpoint? Are you opposed to space travel and exploration?

url

Again, what is wrong with this from a policy standpoint? Are you opposed to space travel and exploration?

When Trump puts funding for a mission to Mars ahead of the space station, yeah im opposed to that lol. He’s an idiot, and Mattis even said he’s wrong haha

And where are the space troops in this statement? Your TDS is in overdrive.

When Trump puts funding for a mission to Mars ahead of the space station, yeah im opposed to that lol. He’s an idiot, and Mattis even said he’s wrong haha

So I take this to mean you don't believe we should go to Mars?

I disagree. The ISS was a great idea, but it was never meant to be our stopping point in space exploration. We should absolutely be funding missions to Mars, including eventually human exploration. It should be internationally in scope, but I don't see any reason at this point (apart from just partisan politics) to oppose this proposal from the President.

You do not argue with a child, especially one trapped in an adult body living with mommy the equivalent of 3 childhoods.

So I take this to mean you don't believe we should go to Mars?

I disagree. The ISS was a great idea, but it was never meant to be our stopping point in space exploration. We should absolutely be funding missions to Mars, including eventually human exploration. It should be internationally in scope, but I don't see any reason at this point (apart from just partisan politics) to oppose this proposal from the President.

So you think a new independent military branch (which the Air Force, Mattis and others rejected as bad idea) is a good idea. Got it lol

So you think a new independent military branch (which the Air Force, Mattis and others rejected as bad idea) is a good idea. Got it lol

And which others believe is a good idea.

But yes, I believe it is a good idea just as long as we continue to support international cooperation in space travel and exploration.

2 things from a defense perspective we need to be all in on: Space race and A.I. Like... yesterday. A 60 minutes episode a year or two ago had a general discussing how weaponizing space and destroying satellites would be a huge deal. I've always kind of wondered how a contemporary military would fare in a long conflict where that country's satellites were taken out.

It’s a terrible idea and waste of money lol

Anything can be labeled a "waste of money." I don't believe supporting space exploration and seeking to streamline the military in the process is a waste of money. I believe any money we spend here, if spent wisely, is well worth the investment.

Some believe this could save money in the long-term by again, streamlining the system. But sure, further space travel, exploration, and security will cost money. It is well worth it in my opinion though.

I just hope you aren't opposing this simply because it is Trump making the proposal.

Reactions: TD_4OSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT