ADVERTISEMENT

Wife is needing new car

agentorange84

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2005
Bartlesville
Currently has 2013 Lexus RX 350. She likes the size and amenities of her RX but getting some miles on it. Going to look at a few. Any thoughts on these

New RX 350 but doesn’t like new body style
Audi Q5
Volvo XC 60
Acura RDX
Cadi SUV

The Cadillac XT6 looks to be a damn nice vehicle.
One of my bosses recently got an XC 60 and its sharp as hell.
Don't think she could go wrong with either.

Currently has 2013 Lexus RX 350. She likes the size and amenities of her RX but getting some miles on it. Going to look at a few. Any thoughts on these

New RX 350 but doesn’t like new body style
Audi Q5
Volvo XC 60
Acura RDX
Cadi SUV
You somehow left off the Olds Regency Coupe.
1976-Oldsmobile-98-Regency-Coupe-.jpg

I test drove the Audi and a BMWx3 a week or so back. Both were really well made and exponentially more sporty to drive than I anticipated.

Look into Highlander Limiteds. It has all the bells and whistles and will run you 20-30k less than some of the SUVs you've listed.

2020-Toyota-Highlander-11.jpg

Last edited:
I’m partial to Acuras since I’ve owned quite a few. I’ve never owned an RDX but a friend has one and really likes it. I’ve owned two MDXs and would still have one if I didn’t have 4 kiddos now.

Not listed but we have a Yukon Denali and I love it. It drives like s sports car.

Reactions: BluegrassPoke
Not listed but we have a Yukon Denali and I love it. It drives like s sports car.

Lucky! I have the Yukon Denali XL and it’s a piece of shit.

On another note, my wife drives an MDX and I think it’s a great vehicle. She drove an RX for a long time and I think enjoys the MDX just as much if not more. Problem is she wants a bigger vehicle now...which she doesn’t know is getting ready to be the piece of shit Yukon Denali XL.

On another note, my wife drives an MDX and I think it’s a great vehicle. She drove an RX for a long time and I think enjoys the MDX just as much if not more. Problem is she wants a bigger vehicle now...which she doesn’t know is getting ready to be the piece of shit Yukon Denali XL.
We have the 2017 XL. What’s wrong with yours? You get a lemon?

We have the 2017 XL. What’s wrong with yours? You get a lemon?

Suspension system can’t get right and they can’t figure out what the deal is. Hydraulics on the back hatch have busted twice. Actuator has gone out in two of the doors. Water pump went out. All of this started around 65k miles.

Suspension system can’t get right and they can’t figure out what the deal is. Hydraulics on the back hatch have busted twice. Actuator has gone out in two of the doors. Water pump went out. All of this started around 65k miles.
Damn. Hope I have better luck. Not yet to 65k.

Damn. Hope I have better luck. Not yet to 65k.

I’ll admit I drive the shit our vehicles but I am diligent about routine maintenance. The worst part is, I’m sure I’ll get another when the time comes. Just too damn convenient for family/kids sports life.

Reactions: squeak
I’ll admit I drive the shit our vehicles but I am diligent about routine maintenance. The worst part is, I’m sure I’ll get another when the time comes. Just too damn convenient for family/kids sports life.

Just got a CPO 2016 Yukon XL SLT. So far, I love it... but I’ve had it three days.

Didn’t really want to trade my F150 SCREW but only seats 5 and we just welcomed child #4 about two months ago.

Q5 runs like sewing machine...or at least sounds like a sewing machine. Nice car as we've had no issues with the 2017. Had a friend who bought a used one and took it in for some tire work and had to replace all the wheels....the original owner didn't purchase the wheel and tire protection program and they had to replace all 4 wheels...over $2,000. I think there is an issue with the wheels. We've got it and it passes to the next owner up to 72 months from purchase. Perfect size car for the wife.

Ford explorer is being redesigned. They are quite nice. Best thing about them? My brother is a dealer and I can hook you up.

Ford explorer is being redesigned. They are quite nice. Best thing about them? My brother is a dealer and I can hook you up.
My wife loves her Explorer it is the fully loaded and turbo charged one though so I am sure that helps. We only have one kid and if we have another will have our grown that vehicle. I would like to sell my car and take that one if we do a new vehicle.

We have had 3 Yukon Denali’s. When we moved to NYC we traded in her XL for the shorter version. They are great for a family of 5 but we have blown the engine in the last 2. Both times I had a warranty that covered the new engine. I busted the front shocks on the current one.

That said they have every gadget available. The Mercedes and Audi still does not have touch screens and that drives me crazy.

Thanks for all the info and comments. Drove the Audi and Volvo yesterday. Liked the Audi, Volvo was meh, nice inside but drove a little rough. Looked at the new Audi Q8, Audi’s first electric car and available in gas. Super sweet, but 88k

My wife recently got a 6 speed manual transmission turbo Mini Cooper S Countrymen. It is fun to drive I will say.

Love my RDX. Do not need a MDX but daughter had one and it was great for a family.

Last edited:
Buddy had the Volvo .. It was a piece of crap .. He hated driving it, and I hated working on it .. Bad ride, and something was always going wrong.

We love Infiniti.

Encourage you to check out the QX80, interior design originated with private jets. I know they are everywhere now but they are tremendously well made, reliable, and great to drive.

I just got a new car finally. What’s a good free photo storage site for posting photos? It’s been so long since I posted a photo I don’t know. Is Photobucket still free?

Not very good pictures I know. I’ve only really driven it one day. Been busy at work, and then we had a camping trip already planned. It’s a lot of fun to drive.

Out of curiosity, you say your 2013 is getting some miles. How many are on it? Curious at what point most people trade in their cars for new ones.

it's getting to be where 100,000 on a car is not the deal killer it used to be....especially on trucks.

it's getting to be where 100,000 on a car is not the deal killer it used to be....especially on trucks.

I haven’t purchased a new vehicle in 15 years. Too damned much money tied up.

I buy between 35k and 80k miles and prefer to keep until somewhere between 150k and 175k.

Reactions: KCMOrange
I haven’t purchased a new vehicle in 15 years. Too damned much money tied up.

I buy between 35k and 80k miles and prefer to keep until somewhere between 150k and 175k.

Same. I'm pretty brand loyal though for non-trucks.

Wife and I have bought 4Runners and Highlanders with anywhere from 75-125k on them and have driven them to close to 200k with just standard maintenance, no issues.

A $600+ car payment gets old real quick, especially once the new car has lost its luster after a couple years. I stay away from car payments if I can. When I was single I drove a new CTS and a G35, now that I'm married I just don't give a damn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT