ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins in the Crookham/Vito rematch?

Vito is going to beat his ass if they both make it to the final. That gives them both one loss and hopfully Daton gets the 1 seed at Nationals.

Reactions: bwel9339
I don't get all the Crookham hype. He had a one really good tournament. Since then he has has beat #8 Nagao and #12 Colaiocco. Daton's resume this season is stronger. FLO has him ranked as the overall #16 P4P wrestler. Is that single win over Vito really worth that ranking? Personally I didn't think he looked all that great when he wrestled Witcraft at the Lehigh dual. He is really good at countering and re-attacks that's how he beat Vito, but doesn't do anything that makes you jump out of your seat and think he is a bona fide national champ. Maybe I'm wrong idk, hoping to see Fix run through him.

I don't get all the Crookham hype. He had a one really good tournament. Since then he has has beat #8 Nagao and #12 Colaiocco. Daton's resume this season is stronger. FLO has him ranked as the overall #16 P4P wrestler. Is that single win over Vito really worth that ranking? Personally I didn't think he looked all that great when he wrestled Witcraft at the Lehigh dual. He is really good at countering and re-attacks that's how he beat Vito, but doesn't do anything that makes you jump out of your seat and think he is a bona fide national champ. Maybe I'm wrong idk, hoping to see Fix run through him.
I agree. Crookham beat #1 and #4 and then given the top ranking, doesn't make any sense. But we'll see how he does at Nattys.

Fix seems so worried about getting taken down sometimes, which is a head scratcher because he is so strong in scramble situations. I'd say he needs to open up his offense but maybe his success in scrambles is because he doesn't put himself in risky situations. Dunno. Pulling for him of course.

I agree. Crookham beat #1 and #4 and then given the top ranking, doesn't make any sense. But we'll see how he does at Nattys.

Fix seems so worried about getting taken down sometimes, which is a head scratcher because he is so strong in scramble situations. I'd say he needs to open up his offense but maybe his success in scrambles is because he doesn't put himself in risky situations. Dunno. Pulling for him of course.
Its frustrating for fans of his because we obviously know how talented he is and impressive he can perform. But, I am not about to start second guessing him or the guys in his corner when it comes to him...they have more takedowns and medals combined than most towns in this country.

Basically, I want him to win it so bad and I want him to win it by tech fall because he is that good...but they plan for these matches and it just hasn't worked out, hopefully it does this time!

Reactions: tom_v31
Just watched Vito's first match in EIWA vs. a kid from Brown. Vito looks like he might be dealing with a injury. He definitely didn't look like how he did this time last year in March. He was standing upright not moving his feet much and changing levels. Took one committed shot in the first and after that was mostly pump fakes. He won 8-2 with a riding point. Maybe he is sick or something, but Crookham looked primed.

Just watched Vito's first match in EIWA vs. a kid from Brown. Vito looks like he might be dealing with a injury. He definitely didn't look like how he did this time last year in March. He was standing upright not moving his feet much and changing levels. Took one committed shot in the first and after that was mostly pump fakes. He won 8-2 with a riding point. Maybe he is sick or something, but Crookham looked primed.
He's looked that way a lot of this season like a has a nagging injury.

Vito was down bigtime against the Misery wrestler several weeks back. He came back and won the match but wasn’t impressive and didn’t look healthy at all in that dual meet.

#9 national ranked 141 Cornell kid just got double legged in SV for a loss. Immediately went down like he got hurt too. Love upsets in post season as long as it’s not us lol. Obviously hope the kid is ok too.

#5 national and #1 EIWA seed at 174 goes down in the quarters….love it.

Just for fun, noticed that of the 40 semi finalists, 10 of them were not seeded 1-4. 3 of the 4 semi finalists for HWT were not top 4 seed.

can't see that - who would you put at 3? Only argument would be Daton 1, but I think crook man gets that. Vito is not the same wrestler as last year, but long and poses a tough match up for Daton, but better than last year I believe.
I would think Ragusin has a good shot at the 3 seed if he wins big tens.

Reactions: 1AA
I would think Ragusin has a good shot at the 3 seed if he wins big tens.
I suppose we will see - I would be surprised if they put him ahead of Vito, but B1G has an advantage. I have not followed him closely so I don't know who he lost to? Vito has not wrestled a lot this year, but defending champ and world medalist with only losses to Crookman. But I have not watched Crookman either and just know he has beaten Vito twice.

crookham plowed thru this version of vito
where the heck did crookham come from?

Watch. They’ll give Fix the 1 seed… and Vito the 4/5.

I don’t think it matters though. Fix will beat Vito in the semis if Vito even gets there.
Exactly. The way Vito has been wrestling he might not even make the semis

Plowed through? That was a highly competitive match that Vito could easily have won with 2 or 3 near takedowns that went out of bounds. Good offense by both.

Plowed through? That was a highly competitive match that Vito could easily have won with 2 or 3 near takedowns that went out of bounds. Good offense by both.

ya plowed thru

vito had a nice first 30seconds

the near takedowns at the edge of the mat never had a chance

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT