ADVERTISEMENT

When State Are Talking About Succession There Is A Huge Problem

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

The Texas state GOP included a statement of support for an independence referendum in this year's Legislative Priorities and Platform document. There are similar movements afoot in California, New Hampshire, Alaska, Florida, and Louisiana, so this clearly isn't just a "red state" phenomenon.

Democrats and Republicans had better shift to the middle or this country is screwed.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I've probably made a dozen posts in the past couple years stating that this is coming and either government finds a way to allow for states to secede peacefully, or eventually, civil war will come. I've longed hoped its not in my lifetime, but the political division is accelerating and as I'm not quite 50, I have a few more decades of life left, so my pessimism tells me it like will be.

If Congress, the Judiciary, and the President would allow the states to operate as the Constitution intended, states would have more rights and we would not have this problem.

The constitution does not address abortion as an example, Roe v Wade was correct to push it back to each state. We need more of that, more people would be satisfied with our laws if we did that. You have better representation of your population at the state level. Liberal states should not be able to dictate laws to conservative, and vice versa.

If Congress, the Judiciary, and the President would allow the states to operate as the Constitution intended, states would have more rights and we would not have this problem.

The constitution does not address abortion as an example, Roe v Wade was correct to push it back to each state. We need more of that, more people would be satisfied with our laws if we did that. You have better representation of your population at the state level. Liberal states should not be able to dictate laws to conservative, and vice versa.
Couldn't agree more.

Spot on. Politicians love having the Federal Administrative agencies manage all "legislation" since they don't have to cast a vote on a contentious issue. They can just whine about the Administration or Judiciary or Feds or....

Special Interests (Big Tech, Industry, Foreign nations, Foreign nationals) all prefer the decision and policy making to be as far removed from the Citizenry as possible (witness our loss of Citizen agency in the Globalization efforts).

We are seeing significant States challenges to Federal rule making, which is a sign States are willing to retake their Constitutional roles. This is a very good sign.
What we haven't seen much of yet is the Federal House and Senate retaking their responsibilities. This is the toughest one to change.

We see the Judiciary, up to and including SCOTUS, retake their responsibilities. If you are following the SCOTUS rulings directly on Bill of Rights infringements, you'll be happy to see Rule of Lenity (Citizens' Rights) overtake Chevron Deference (Agencies' unimpeded rule/policy making ability) as the basis for most SCOTUS decisions and many Fed District court decisions.

Things are trending well for a refocus on Constitutional integrity vs. the Cluster B identity Marxism.

The Texas state GOP included a statement of support for an independence referendum in this year's Legislative Priorities and Platform document. There are similar movements afoot in California, New Hampshire, Alaska, Florida, and Louisiana, so this clearly isn't just a "red state" phenomenon.

Democrats and Republicans had better shift to the middle or this country is screwed.

The more I talk with my liberal friends the more I believe this is where we are headed. We'll Balkanize into political and economic zones of likeness and probably have some type of agreements on international trade, transportation, military forces and extraditions. No idea how many "zones" that would be but the alignment should be conservative or liberal.

The only way this could ever change is if the media starts treating all politicians and people the same way. Since I have no faith that will happen the country will split up someday. The only caveat will be if there is another world war.

The more I talk with my liberal friends the more I believe this is where we are headed. We'll Balkanize into political and economic zones of likeness and probably have some type of agreements on international trade, transportation, military forces and extraditions. No idea how many "zones" that would be but the alignment should be conservative or liberal.

The only way this could ever change is if the media starts treating all politicians and people the same way. Since I have no faith that will happen the country will split up someday. The only caveat will be if there is another world war.

Many have postulated the Cluster B Leftists to ramp into full scale kinetic rebellion when Trump is elected.

God help them if they take their ANTIFA/BLM violence out of the slums and business districts into middle/upper class neighborhoods.

Republicans have already shifted to the middle by endorsing Donald Trump, a man whose border, immigration and trade policies echo those of the democrat party fifteen or so years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT