ADVERTISEMENT

What in the world happened to The Oklahoman?

Used to be a solid conservative newspaper, now it's turned into a virtue-signaling liberal rag.

I'm guessing everything went south when they were bought out by USA Today.

Do you think it’s possible your perception of the journalistic stylings of the Oklahoman is biased because there’s sinply only one political party in power in Oklahoma, which in turn means it faces the brunt of the criticism, quite often deservedly so? Who holds all the state and federal offices in Oklahoma? What good does bashing Oklahoma Democrats do?

Of course you’re gonna think it’s a liberal rag lol

carry on

• Haha
Reactions: EZ Reyes
Another side of the story: When I graduated in '74 and moved to Dallas, I took the Daily O for years because it was the only decent OK sports reporting I could get. The Dallas Morning News/Dallas Times Herald damned sure
weren't a source.

It's almost a carbon copy of USA today. Makes you wonder how much longer it's gonna last. When you subscribe to the Oklahoman, you get a complimentary USA Today sub as well. Whether you want it or not. I bet Gaylord is spinning in his grave.

It's almost a carbon copy of USA today. Makes you wonder how much longer it's gonna last. When you subscribe to the Oklahoman, you get a complimentary USA Today sub as well. Whether you want it or not. I bet Gaylord is spinning in his grave.
Wish the Gaylords hadn't sold it. There was no other daily like it in the country, the only loud and avowed conservative paper among literally hundreds.

The left hated that there was even one.

But paper has gone the way of the buggy whip.

Which is poetic justice considering that 99.9% of them are worthless woke rags.

Gaylord is probably smiling at that.

Reactions: AC2020
Things change. When ch 9 KWTV tower went up in Edmond in 1953, KWTV stood for World's Tallest Video. No more. The 1953 tower came down and was sold for scrap.

I've listened to the giant 1520 AM KOMA radio at Pearl Harbor. The 2015 Moore tornado blew down all 3 250,000 watt Western Electric KOKC 1520, former KOMA transmitters. US AM radio stations can broadcast maximum 50,000 watts.

Rumor has it KOMA engineers would up KOMA power to 250,000 watts in the wee early morning hours so the doggies in Vietnam could listen in. My old USAF buddy told me he listened to KOMA every night in the Aleution Islands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT