ADVERTISEMENT

Well, with this investigation...

sabbott1958

2nd Team
Mar 7, 2005
hopefully will curb once and for all the Cowboy fans who look down their noses at Switzer and say, "at least we don't cheat"... See guys? EVERYONE has cheated, including, most recently, OSU it appears.

We will see.

These are only allegations. Nothing has been proven. Hold you gooner shorts a sec.

Denial is not a river in Egypt. You can hope it's not true but everyone that had been investigated and were put on probation had hopes that allegations were false. If true, you're going to get spanked real hard.

Actually, after reading the first part of this story, it seems like a piece written by someone with an agenda and I don't like that at all. This could well be much ado about nothing unless there are reports from former players who ACTUALLY PLAYED and contributed. This writer is talking to guys who were basically busts.
Unless this gets closer to some unbiased truth, I am very skeptical now.

Originally posted by sabbott1958:

Actually, after reading the first part of this story, it seems like a piece written by someone with an agenda and I don't like that at all. This could well be much ado about nothing unless there are reports from former players who ACTUALLY PLAYED and contributed. This writer is talking to guys who were basically busts.
Multiple players have already claimed to have been misquoted. Multiple players denying issues. Let's see how this plays out before you jump to conclusions.

The truth will win out in the end sabbott. I am glad you are reading the reports with an eye of determining credibility and veracity rather than with nothing but the desire to bash a rival.

I don't think OSU fans have ever claimed that the football team has been lily-white in the past. I know I haven't.

So far the accusation are very shakey but I'm sure you're ignoring that.

However, let's just say it proves to be true. Here is why I will continue to look down my nose at you and Switzer.

OSU alums, fans and students are embarrassed by the thought of cheating. You refer to your cheater as King. That is the difference. You're proud of it and you expect it. We want no part of it and history has shown that when we find cheating in our program the guilty parties are not well received.

Sorry, but you lose.

Originally posted by CowboyJD:

The truth will win out in the end sabbott. I am glad you are reading the reports with an eye of determining credibility and veracity rather than with nothing but the desire to bash a rival.

I don't think OSU fans have ever claimed that the football team has been lily-white in the past. I know I haven't.
Too many journalists begin their "investigation" with their results already determined and their piece written. All they are looking for are quotes and soundbites that will confirm with they have already concluded.

Hopefully most of these aligations are false or at least blown out of proportion and that the writer, if this is the case, will be discredited in all their future efforts.

I don't care how you look down your nose PF Flyer. Until you win 47 in a row you will always be looking UP.
I stand by my second post that there seems to be an agenda here and I am skeptical.

LMAO
roll.r191677.gif

That's the best response you got? Yep, guess, I won.

But not 47 in a row.

See, until that hell freezes over, and despite your non stop self declarations of victory, you always lose.

Is this what sooner fans are sinking to???? History. ie: 47 straight football wins.

I'm old enough to remember when any time an OSU fan brought up past accomplishments, UO folks would arrogantly tell us that those successes meant nothing...they are in the past. How times change...or at least when you are trying to win an argument. See, you really aren't special.

Congrats on the 47 win streak back in the day. It was special.

Yep. So special it will never be duplicated.
Respectfully, I agree it will never be duplicated....but it's because the landscape of college football has so drastically with scholarship limitations, mandatory bowl matchups, parity, and the diffusion of talent across the nation....not because those teams were Demi-gods among men or anything.

The truth also is that while a remarkable feat, unlikely to be repeated by anyone including OU, it is astoundingly irrelevant to the state of any team in today's football landscape where the greatness of teams are measured against other current teams.....not the ghosts of a far distant past.

Come....sabbott....join us in the present. The here and now.

Really?! This obvious
hit job, inspired and mostly written by that (jock sniffing) ou hack, whose
only allegations are those common to every major football program in
the country, including yours?! Do you mean that piece of shoddy
journalism, that obviously went un-fact-checked? This vendetta piece inspired
by the worst kind of jealousy and bias? This is supposed to undo history, namely
that the Oklahoma sooner football program is widely known (and considered) as having
the biggest examples of, and the most consistent history of institutionalized cheating?!

Your mistake is, you think that this is limited to Barry
Switzer. However everyone knows this
goes all the way back to (and includes) Bud Wilkinson. Haven't you watched the ESPN 30 for 30 on
Marcus Dupree, "The best that never was?" You know, when ou assistant
coach (Lucious Selman) camped out for SIX WEEKS in a motel, and broke numerous
other NCAA recruiting violations (including paying Marcus) to drop the Texas
offer and come to ou?!

That's the illustrious history of your school, that's your
legacy. Might as well embrace it, bro. I know that may be difficult for you to face,
as you look out the trailer window, watching that over-sized ou flag proudly
waving in the Oklahoma wind. But don't
worry about it, try to forget about it little buckaroo. Just put on that fast food uniform, hop in
the 1978 Trans Am (you know the one, it has the faded Firebird on hood), grab
your cigarettes, it's time to head on in the work anyway Bud.

Wow, you certainly put a lot of thought in this smack. I wish the Pokies would have put as much effort towards the Mountaineers!

The OSU fans can be proud of what your team accomplished in 2011. We have a right to be prOUd of Coach Stoop's record of conference championships as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT