ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the best World War II movie of 'em all...

GunsOfFrankEaton

Heisman Winner
Aug 24, 2003
Where Eagles Dare

Broadsword Calling Danny Boy, Over!

Watch it. You'll thank me later.

d7385148acae23b9.jpg

46503a27a57afaba.jpg

b3041884df482c80.jpg

3483f9a1760c243e.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, "Broadsword Calling Danny Boy" is a classic World War II movie that never fails to impress! It's got that timeless appeal that keeps drawing audiences in. Speaking of which, have you checked out any new releases in theaters lately? There might be some exciting movie out now that you'll enjoy just as much!

Last edited:
Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Devbdepos.jpg

bit of trivia and history

Lt Col Robert Fredrick who led the devils brigade was promoted to commanding General of the 45th div for the drive thru the vosges from France to Munich.

Cliff Robertson used to play cards with my grandad(who served in 45th) at downtown airport back in the day

iu

col william o darby was born and raised in
ft. smith

incredible patriot who gave his life for our great country two days before the end of ww2

the only awful thing my grandad told me about war

“they told us to expect german paratroopers and we shot the shot out of them”

the them was a battalion of darbys rangers at anzio all gone by friendly fire

our forefathers paid a price in blood sacrifice

Great movie but Eastwood seemed out of place in it. It's like the studio forced an American actor into the film for the US market.

I love military history and those movies are all pretty good, but one of the best and accurate is Valkyrie......its spot on historically.........I also love ..."The Battle of Britain" with Robert Shaw, late 1960s........pretty accurate although they had to put in a minor BS love plot

IMO the best WW2 movie of all time is *Catch 22.* The best "war movie" of all time is *Dr. Strangelove."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT