ADVERTISEMENT

Vote blue and you get this kind of stuff

Do you know that the media always use to use blue for the Republican party and red for the democrats? The media changed it because red was always associated with totalitarian, Nazi and communist regimes and they didn't like it the association with "their" party.

118439897_3701751599852189_8141656259467668184_o.jpg

Fun legal fact....

Assault on a police officer is a misdemeanor in the red state of Oklahoma.

21 OS 649
A. Every person who, without justifiable or excusable cause, knowingly commits any assault upon the person of a police officer, sheriff, deputy sheriff, highway patrolman, corrections personnel, or state peace officer employed or duly appointed by any state governmental agency to enforce state laws while the officer is in the performance of his or her duties is punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six (6) months, or by a fine not exceeding Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

@AC_Exotic

Last edited:
Reactions: AC_Exotic
Fun legal fact....

21 OS 649
A. Every person who, without justifiable or excusable cause, knowingly commits any assault upon the person of a police officer, sheriff, deputy sheriff, highway patrolman, corrections personnel, or state peace officer employed or duly appointed by any state governmental agency to enforce state laws while the officer is in the performance of his or her duties is punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six (6) months, or by a fine not exceeding Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

@AC_Exotic
The Virginia law would make assault and battery a misdemeanor if it didn't result in injury. Although assault against a police officer is a misdemeanor, battery and assault and battery are both felonies in the red state of Oklahoma.

B. Every person who, without justifiable or excusable cause knowingly commits battery or assault and battery upon the person of a police officer, sheriff, deputy sheriff, highway patrolman, corrections personnel, or other state peace officer employed or duly appointed by any state governmental agency to enforce state laws while the officer is in the performance of his or her duties, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections of not more than five (5) years or county jail for a period not to exceed one (1) year, or by a fine not exceeding Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

The Virginia law would make assault and battery a misdemeanor if it didn't result in injury. Although assault against a police officer is a misdemeanor, battery and assault and battery are both felonies in the red state of Oklahoma.

B. Every person who, without justifiable or excusable cause knowingly commits battery or assault and battery upon the person of a police officer, sheriff, deputy sheriff, highway patrolman, corrections personnel, or other state peace officer employed or duly appointed by any state governmental agency to enforce state laws while the officer is in the performance of his or her duties, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections of not more than five (5) years or county jail for a period not to exceed one (1) year, or by a fine not exceeding Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Believe me....I know the assault and battery laws in Oklahoma. You need to read the Oklahoma law you quoted again.

Btw, Battery and/or A&B on a PO can be charged as a misdemeanor in Oklahoma as well. Please refer to the above bolded section.

Believe me....I read the Virginia bill. Mere assault on a PO in Virginia will still be charged as a felony. Mere assault on a PO in Oklahoma cannot. The amendment in that bill doesn’t “make” assault, battery or A&B on a PO a misdemeanor if there is no injury. If that amendment is passed in Virginia, assault, battery, or assault and battery on a PO will still be charged as a felony, but the sentencing court or jury may instead find them not guilty of a felony offense, but guilty of a lesser offense level of misdemeanor due to diminished capacity or no injury. Assault, battery, or A&B on an officer can be charged at the get go as a misdemeanor in Oklahoma.

Wanna guess when that happens in OK? Diminished capacity and/or no injury.

So prior to the proposed amendment, Virginia law was harsher for this crime than in Oklahoma. With the amendment it is largely in line with the state of Oklahoma.

Yet.....”liberalism is a disorder”. :rolleyes:

I’d say “gullibility” is a disorder.

Last edited:
Believe me....I know the assault and battery laws in Oklahoma. You need to read the Oklahoma law you quoted again.

Btw, Battery and/or A&B on a PO can be charged as a misdemeanor in Oklahoma as well. Please refer to the above bolded section.

Believe me....I read the Virginia bill. Mere assault on a PO in Virginia will still be charged as a felony. Mere assault on a PO in Oklahoma cannot. The amendment in that bill doesn’t “make” assault, battery or A&B on a PO a misdemeanor if there is no injury. If that amendment is passed in Virginia, assault, battery, or assault and battery on a PO will still be charged as a felony, but the sentencing court or jury may instead find them not guilty of a felony offense, but guilty of a lesser offense level of misdemeanor due to diminished capacity or no injury. Assault, battery, or A&B on an officer can be charged at the get go as a misdemeanor in Oklahoma.

Wanna guess when that happens in OK? Diminished capacity and/or no injury.

So prior to the proposed amendment, Virginia law was harsher for this crime than in Oklahoma. With the amendment it is largely in line with the state of Oklahoma.

Yet.....”liberalism is a disorder”. :rolleyes:

I’d say “gullibility” is a disorder.
I went back and reread both. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: iasooner1
Fun legal fact....

21 OS 649

@AC_Exotic
That sucks and needs to change. Speaking on my baby brother's behalf.

That sucks and needs to change. Speaking on my baby brother's behalf.

No comment on you getting hoodwinked in your original post and making about politics instead of facts?

And a play to emotion because you have a cop for a baby brother (I’m married to a cop, btw).

C’mon man.

That is weak AF.

Last edited:
No comment on you getting hoodwinked in your original post and making about politics instead of facts?

And a play to emotion because you have a cop for a baby brother (I’m married to a cop, btw).

C’mon man.

That is weak AF.
No doubt passed when insane Dems were in control.

I don't like that assaulting a LEO is nothing more than a misdemeanor. Do you?

Last edited:
You are welcome.

That is why I am such a fan of original source documents and doing your own research over posting a tweet or a headline or a blog.

Now I’m just waiting for gullible @AC_Exotic to come back and comment.
Recognizing that you don't have to do it, and somehow even catching shit from people when you do, I would like to thank you for the time you spend on stuff like this. Even reading the laws doesn't provide the clarity you bring. A sincere thanks to you.

No doubt passed when insane Dems were in control.

I don't like that assaulting a LEO is nothing more than a misdemeanor. Do you?

And never changed when the law and order reds like yourself controlled the entirety of state government in Oklahoma.

Reveal yourself as ignorant and gullible.....double down. Not the best strategy.

As for your question....

Given that an assault is an offer or threat to use force or violence without the actual use of force or violence....

Given that an assault on Joe Blow citizen is a misdemeanor and has a maximum sentence of 30 days....

Given that assault with a dangerous or deadly weapon is a felony....

Yeah, I think that an enhanced misdemeanor sentence of up to 6 months for simple assaults on a police officer is fair and about right.

Reactions: Been Jammin
And never changed when the law and order reds like yourself controlled the entirety of state government in Oklahoma.

Reveal yourself as ignorant and gullible.....double down. Not the best strategy.

As for your question....

Given that an assault is an offer or threat to use force or violence without the actual use of force or violence....

Given that an assault on Joe Blow citizen is a misdemeanor and has a maximum sentence of 30 days....

Given that assault with a dangerous or deadly weapon is a felony....

Yeah, I think that an enhanced misdemeanor sentence of up to 6 months for simple assaults on a police officer is fair and about right.
Ignorant means I didn't know. Of course I didn't know, which meant I was ignorant. No longer (at least on that subject).

I don't like the thought of an officer getting attacked.

Reactions: iasooner1
We may be able to make substantial changes if those sentences were doubled for all the attorneys who stand back and observe, prosecute or defend the actions against the Leo someday

Ignorant means I didn't know. Of course I didn't know, which meant I was ignorant. No longer (at least on that subject).

I don't like the thought of an officer getting attacked.

You forgot gullible...and doubling down on the ignorance.

I don’t like the thought of officers getting attacked either.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I was really just seeing which on of your fellow Trumpets was gonna jump in and try to stop the intellectual pummeling you were receiving.

Imagine my surprise when they all left you to your own demise just bleeding.

I was really just seeing which on of your fellow Trumpets was gonna jump in and try to stop the intellectual pummeling you were receiving.

Stop it, you big jerk!

Reactions: CowboyJD

Intellectual pummelling? I was just misinformed. Thank you for providing the info.

I believe Oklahoma and Virginia are both wrong.

as a taxpayer in this great state
i’m ecstatic you are able to quote
oklahoma state statutes

well done

Reactions: AC_Exotic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT