ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas with 12 year olds

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
So we are heading out to Vegas to play in a soccer tournament in three weeks and I have been wracking my brain as for things for us to do out there. I know my family is going out a day early and taking the long drive out to the Grand Canyon, I have no clue when I'll be back out that way again.

However once the whole team arrives (sixteen 12 year girls) beyond I'm hitting a wall on something to do out there on our one off day on Friday. Every other day will be filled with soccer so I'm not too worried about that, anyone else have some suggestions? Also what's the best buffet out there these days?

Oh it's not just me taking them, I just happen to be the husband of the manager so all this team activity stuff falls to me. All these kids will have a parent with them, we just try to treat these out of town trips as fun/business so we like to have everything planned out. Makes it much easier because we keep them all together.

Walk them down the heart of the strip in the middle of the evening when the card slappers are out. They will get all the entertainment they need.

Circus, Circus is about the only place appropriate for kids in Vegas.

Man, have the buffets in Vegas shot up in price. When I first moved to LA, I would make the drive over from time to time and I don't think I ever paid more than $17-19 for a buffet, now they're at or over $40. Rio probably has the widest selection of dishes.

Circus Circus

Tournament of Kings dinner at Excalibur

Shark Tanks at Mandalay Bay

Fountain at Bellagio

Volcano at Mirage

Top of Stratosphere

Fremont Street Experience

M&M World, World of Coca-Cola and the Hershey's Store in NY, NY

Popovich Comedy Pet Theatre

Pinball Hall of Fame

Thanks guys, I'll narrow down the list.

I found one buffet that's about $25 per person so that's not too bad.

Didn't see the Hoover Dam on the list. If you have transportation, it is 30-35 miles outside of Vegas. Just about every state has a dam...but not one like the Hoover.

25$ a person ain't bad?? There better be a showgirl under the table for that kind of money. I guess it's been a while since I've been there.

I would go a few blocks off the strip and then do the same at Fremont street. That's where you will find the local flavor.

Yeah, they are normally 35 to 50 on the weekends.

A team that went last year had good luck at the Stratosphere so that's probably where we are going to end up taking them one night for dinner. Assuming they make the finals, otherwise no buffet for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT