ADVERTISEMENT

US Park Rangers Staffing King Trump Luxury Hotel During Shutdown

On Taxpayer’s dime

Meantime King Donald stiffing 800,000 workers’ paychecks...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ional-hotel-clock-tower-rangers-a8714061.html

Tax and Steal Republicans nary a peep...

Republican “patriots” (lower case) where’s the outrage??

Why is this clown not in jail???

I got a kick out of this random one sentence paragraph in the article:
“Three people have died in the parks since the beginning of the shutdown.”

Now, mind you, there is nothing in the article that connects the deaths to the shutdown, but the author felt obligated to just throw that in there. Perhaps for dramatic effect?

Meanwhile, over 100 people die in national parks each year. But yay for drama!

Reactions: Bitter Creek
His Republican buddies in the Senate have announced they won’t even hear one unless he preapproves it.

Dems in House passed one first day in session.
Had a bill reached his desk to sign?

Had a bill reached his desk to sign?

He pre-announced he would veto and his buddies in the Senate said they wouldn’t forward it.

You’re surely not trying to make a case that Dems haven’t been diligent in getting a budget to him...or that Trump has no “blame” or play in the shutdown because the Republican Senate hasn’t forward a bill for him to veto after he said explicitly that’s what he would do....are you?

Because that would be dumb....really dumb.

He pre-announced he would veto and his buddies in the Senate said they wouldn’t forward it.

You’re surely not trying to make a case that Dems haven’t been diligent in getting a budget to him...or that Trump has no “blame” or play in the shutdown because the Republican Senate hasn’t forward a bill for him to veto after he said explicitly that’s what he would do....are you?

Because that would be dumb....really dumb.
Has the Senate even attempted a vote on a bill?

So Chuck Schumer is playing the role of Harry Reid for Obama. Status quo

Has the Senate even attempted a vote on a bill?

The Senate majority leader....Mitch McConnell....Republican...has announced he is doing the bidding of President Trump....by not allowing any budget bill not pre-approved by President Trump to go to the floor for a vote.

You really are gonna try to go there, aren’t you?

Crazy.

Reactions: Been Jammin
The Senate majority leader....Mitch McConnell....Republican...has announced he is doing the bidding of President Trump....by not allowing any budget bill not pre-approved by President Trump to go to the floor for a vote.

You really are gonna try to go there, aren’t you?

Crazy.
If he were doing the bidding of Trump, he’d nuke the Senate and pass the bill on a 50 vote up/down vote. Mitch is doing Mitch’s bidding.

If he were doing the bidding of Trump, he’d nuke the Senate and pass the bill on a 50 vote up/down vote. Mitch is doing Mitch’s bidding.

Nonsense. He specifically said he would not put a budget on the floor until Trump told him he would sign it.

I can't believe you are trying to absolve Trump of any responsibility for the shutdown.

Nonsense. He specifically said he would not put a budget on the floor until Trump told him he would sign it.

I can't believe you are trying to absolve Trump of any responsibility for the shutdown.

Why can't you believe it? He made it clear days ago that he was dug in on the topic and had his blinders on.

The words "My mistake" or "I was wrong" don't come easy to some people.

Reactions: Pokeabear

So, Trump should not get a say in it? He should just cave? Why can’t he have demands as well?

Reactions: Bitter Creek
His Republican buddies in the Senate have announced they won’t even hear one unless he preapproves it.

Dems in House passed one first day in session.

Do Democrats control the government? Do they have the votes to override a Presidential veto? Seeing as how the answer to both is no, then Democrats are just playing politics and have no interest in solving problems.

Reactions: poke2001
You are moving the goal posts. This is not consistent with your prior argument.
Why can’t both be correct?

I fully stand by my prior argument. Trump has had no legislation on his desk. Congress has failed in that regard, regardless of what public statements have been. At the same time, why is it only Trump has to back down on his requirements?

Why can’t both be correct?

I fully stand by my prior argument. Trump has had no legislation on his desk. Congress has failed in that regard, regardless of what public statements have been. At the same time, why is it only Trump has to back down on his requirements?

Trump has no legislation on his desk because his lackey in the Senate won’t put anything on the floor that Trump hasn’t pre-approved.

So this is Trump’s and his lackeys in the Senate’s shutdown.

Do Democrats control the government? Do they have the votes to override a Presidential veto? Seeing as how the answer to both is no, then Democrats are just playing politics and have no interest in solving problems.

And Trump and his lackeys in the Senate DO have an interest in resolving this impasse/compromising?

Reactions: Been Jammin
Trump has no legislation on his desk because his lackey in the Senate won’t put anything on the floor that Trump hasn’t pre-approved.

So this is Trump’s and his lackeys in the Senate’s shutdown.
But not the democrats who won’t budge on their position.

Good point, though I haven’t heard any news that Trump is willing to come off of “just give him everything he’s asked for or it stays shut down” either.

So how about....It’s all their shutdown.

Trump
House
Senate

Fully and equally.

Agreed?

Reactions: N. Pappagiorgio
Good point, though I haven’t heard any news that Trump is willing to come off of “just give him everything he’s asked for or it stays shut down” either.

Trump
House
Senate

Fully and equally.

Agreed?
Hasn’t he already? Wasn’t it $20 billion a year or so ago. Then he asked for $5 billion in this budget but has agreed to $2.5 billion?

Trump
House
Senate

Fully and equally.

Agreed?

When the shutdown started, the white house said he would accept less if the Democrats would negotiate. Schumer said he won't get a penny more than is already in the budget for the DHS. He asked if he opened the government would he get money for the wall in a month. Pelosi said no. That's why he got up and left that meeting.

Hasn’t he already? Wasn’t it $20 billion a year or so ago. Then he asked for $5 billion in this budget but has agreed to $2.5 billion?

Gonna need a citation to the $2.5 billion this budget.

He hasn’t come off that $20 billion as the $5 billion is just this year with more to come in future budgets.

So you don’t agree...or do you?

This shutdown belongs to all of them? Equally?

Yea or nay on that?

When the shutdown started, the white house said he would accept less if the Democrats would negotiate. Schumer said he won't get a penny more than is already in the budget for the DHS. He asked if he opened the government would he get money for the wall in a month. Pelosi said no. That's why he got up and left that meeting.

Gonna give me a citation to a reputable source on agreeing to accept less?

Gonna need a citation to the $2.5 billion this budget.

He hasn’t come off that $20 billion as the $5 billion is just this year with more to come in future budgets.

So you don’t agree...or do you?

This shutdown belongs to all of them? Equally?

Yea or nay on that?
I think it belongs to trump, Mitch, Chuck and Nancy.

Reactions: CowboyJD
I think it belongs to trump, Mitch, Chuck and Nancy.

Equally and fully?

If so, I could get on board with that.

Or we talking belongs mostly to Chuck and Nancy, but only a little bit to Trump.

Equally and fully?

If so, I could get on board with that.

Or we talking belongs mostly to Chuck and Nancy, but only a little bit to Trump.
I’d say equally for both sides. I do think, in general, democrats have been far less receptive to negotiating for several years. Mostly because the media does a great job making it out to be 100% Trump/Republicans fault.

I’m also 100% ok with the shutdown, so I give credit to trump for standing his ground on this. I’m hopeful this goes on for a couple of months to show just how bloated the federal government is.

Reactions: CowboyJD
I’d say equally for both sides. I do think, in general, democrats have been far less receptive to negotiating for several years. Mostly because the media does a great job making it out to be 100% Trump/Republicans fault.

I’m also 100% ok with the shutdown, so I give credit to trump for standing his ground on this. I’m hopeful this goes on for a couple of months to show just how bloated the federal government is.
You reap what you sow. I’m glad you get to keep yours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT