ADVERTISEMENT

U20 Pan Am

Pennstate1985

2nd Team
Mar 14, 2016
Match 1

Lockett against ECUADOR from the PSU board (poster zzs006)

Lockett hits a double, picks the kid up and drives him off the mat for 4 but they go into the table and kill the stream! Huge 4 but he finished it like 8 feet off the mat

After about a 5 min delay to fix things the match is back on. Lockett finishes it off quickly with a 10-0 tech

Last edited:
Extremely
I watched most of this tournament and we crowned champions at every weight and won finals by fall or tech fall in every match. Lockett had 3 tech falls and his finals match ended in 1:06 I believe. Lilledahl, Bassett, Duke, Ryder, Mirasola, Sinclair, McDaniel and Sahakian all won by fall or tech in the finals. I may have missed 1-2 matches but I believe we gave up a pushout by Bassett and a takedown of Sahakian at 285 and these were the only three offensive points scored against the U.S. team.

74 kg Gold Medal Match - L. Lockett (USA) vs. P. Da. Goncalves (BRA)

P1:
Tying up & working for position
Lockett gets a leg & is working, drives forward for a TD, but Goncalves pops out quickly & nothing awarded, Lockett drives Goncalves out on the edge taking him to his back in the process for 4, 4-0, restart
Tying up & breaking, both fake shots
Lockett in on a quick double that drives Goncalves out of bounds, 6-0, restart
Locketr back in again, but Goncalves fights him off & they're back on their feet
Lockett with a slick dump for another TD, 8-0 & then adds a turn for the tech, 10-0

L. Lockett TECH P. Da. Goncalves 10-0 (1:08)

I watched most of this tournament and we crowned champions at every weight and won finals by fall or tech fall in every match. Lockett had 3 tech falls and his finals match ended in 1:06 I believe. Lilledahl, Bassett, Duke, Ryder, Mirasola, Sinclair, McDaniel and Sahakian all won by fall or tech in the finals. I may have missed 1-2 matches but I believe we gave up a pushout by Bassett and a takedown of Sahakian at 285 and these were the only three offensive points scored against the U.S. team.
Correct. Stunning wrestling across the board. To give up 3 points total in 30+ matches is incredible under any circumstances.

USA team won all Gold medals. Impressive showing. I believe only one USA match went to second period. We look strong internationally for years to come. I know Pan Ams is fairly weak, but this was still a dominant showing.
Ryder and Sahakian both had one go into the second I believe. Sahakian was the only one who had one go the distance

FINALS:
57kg- Luke Lilledahl (USA) TECH Ethan Manuel Rivera (PUR) 10-0 (1:43)
61kg- William James Dekraker (USA) TECH B. Zucker Souza (BRA) 10-0 (46-sec)
65kg- Bo Bassett (USA) FALL Diego Peraza Aguilar (MEX) 1:21
70kg- PJ Duke (USA) TECH Tyler David Tracy (JAM) 10-0 (2:52)
74kg- Ladarion Lockett (USA) TECH P. Da. Goncalves (BRA) 10-0 (1:08)
79kg- Zack Ryder (USA) TECH Kevin Jadel Olavarria Montilla (PUR) 10-0 (1:01)
86kg- Aeoden Sinclair (USA) TECH J. Ibat Cardozo (COL) 10-0 (2:16)
92kg- Connor Mirasola (USA) TECH Brian Jesus Ruiz Marin (VEN) 10-0 (1:56)
97kg- Camden Neal McDanel (USA) TECH T. Dhinsa (CAN) 10-0 (1:31)
125kg- Nicholas Hike Sahakian (USA) TECH O.Asekomhe (CAN) 12-2 (5:59)

Reactions: tom_v31
Ryder and Sahakian both had one go into the second I believe. Sahakian was the only one who had one go the distance
You are correct.

In total, the USA team gave up 11 points in some 40 odd matches. 9 by Sahakian and two by Bassett. The other 8 guys blanked their opponents.

Last edited:
We gave up 10 points total and Sahakian gave up 9 of those. Other than that the only point given up was a push out on Bo

Reactions: Pennstate1985
I know USA has a lot on their plate but we should probably invest more in youth wrestling, North and South of the boarder, it would increase our competition and increase the value of the Pan Am tournament. At this point, it’s a light spar and our top competitors won’t attend for long.

I know USA has a lot on their plate but we should probably invest more in youth wrestling, North and South of the boarder, it would increase our competition and increase the value of the Pan Am tournament. At this point, it’s a light spar and our top competitors won’t attend for long.
I was thinking the same thing. This was hardly a workout for the distance traveled. This team has another 10-12 years on the world stage. I'm excited. Connor Mirasola got OW, but PJ Duke is a silent assassin out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT