ADVERTISEMENT

Two stars of the 60's/70's gone today Martin Milner & Judy Carne

hollywood

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Judy was Burt Reynolds first wife and the original "sock it to me" girl on Laugh-In. (Rumor has it that she spent some time in El Reno Reformatory for some minor drug possession) back in the 70's).

Martin Milner had one heck of a long career, but most probably remember him best as Officer Pete Malloy on both Dragnet, Adam 12 and an occasional turn in "Emergency." In the early 50's version of Dragnet he played a character named Stephen Banner on numerous episodes. (All series created and produced by Jack Webb/Officer Joe Friday.) He was also well known for Route 66, but he actually made his screen debut in Life with Father in 1947.

Sometimes I forget how it was when there were only 3 channels and when you went to school, you could bet that at least 70% of your classmates had watched the same shows you did the night before. Adam 12 was very popular in the day and a fave of us kids at Glenwood Elementary. As was Laugh-In, even though a lot of the humor flew over our heads, watching painted girls go-go dancing in Bikinis was enough to peek our interest.

Reactions: Anodyne
Route 66 was a cool show (seen by me in reruns). Milner also featured in The Sands of Iwo Jima.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT