ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsi Gabbard Makes A Major Speech

All I can say is any Dem politician that is not talking about Russia/Trump and tax the hell out of everyone and free shit to everyone is a big step forward.

That said, unless something drastically changes I am voting for Trump.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
All I can say is any Dem politician that is not talking about Russia/Trump and tax the hell out of everyone and free shit to everyone is a big step forward.

Yes, Tulsi would not be your cup of tea. She's not mine, either, except for her anti-war stance, which is (and should be) the lynchpin upon which any politician that cares about our country's future rests their case. End the wars, bring our troops home. Then we can argue over how to spend the savings.

If she was Pro-Life, I would probably vote for her

If she was Pro-Life, I would probably vote for her
That's a great point. I wish I could meet her face-to-face, because I would love to hear her explanation on this point. One of the main reasons she is anti-war is because of the human carnage it causes. It seems to me abortion causes just as much carnage, so how does she reconcile the seeming inconsistency. Nevertheless, I would vote for her (if I voted). In spite of all the talk by Republicans abortion is here to stay. If Ronald Reagan took no action against it, it is unlikely any of today's Republicans will do anything but talk about it during campaigns. In my book that makes them just as complicit as Democrats. At least Tulsi is showing fortitude in her opposition to war.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
That's a great point. I wish I could meet her face-to-face, because I would love to hear her explanation on this point. One of the main reasons she is anti-war is because of the human carnage it causes. It seems to me abortion causes just as much carnage, so how does she reconcile the seeming inconsistency. Nevertheless, I would vote for her (if I voted). In spite of all the talk by Republicans abortion is here to stay. If Ronald Reagan took no action against it, it is unlikely any of today's Republicans will do anything but talk about it during campaigns. In my book that makes them just as complicit as Democrats. At least Tulsi is showing fortitude in her opposition to war.

I love everything about her except the Putin Assad stuff. I jsut can't square that. Why can't she launch a good broadside against Assad AND say we need to be more isolationist? She makes it look like she's compromised in some way.

There's something about her though... she's just... hot AF.

I love everything about her except the Putin Assad stuff. I jsut can't square that. Why can't she launch a good broadside against Assad AND say we need to be more isolationist? She makes it look like she's compromised in some way.

There's something about her though... she's just... hot AF.
What kind of broadside do you have in mind?

You are misunderstanding her anti-war status as being isolationist. She is decidedly NOT isolationist, which she addresses very adeptly in her speech.

She proposes that the US drop it’s practice of gunboat diplomacy, the kind that Bolton and Pompeo and Trump use, and instead first look for places where there might be agreement/consensus with other countries - even those countries ruled by evil dictators - and work toward a peaceful solution in those places where disagreement exists.

She recognizes that the purpose of our government and its military to to protect US, to defend America and America, not be the world’s policeman. She starts with diplomacy, not threats. She has condemned Assad as an evil tyrant. But she understands that being militant will only make matters worse. She looks for peaceful solutions. You have been duped into thinking she is a stooge for Assad and Putin.

Watch her speech. She doesn’t dance around the edges. I don’t know how anyone can listen to her and not be impressed.

Last edited:
What kind of broadside do you have in mind?
Assad was obviously a terrible man for trying to protect his country from Obama funded terrorists. Now, don't get me wrong, he's definitely a terrible tyrant, but he was the best option in that scenario. Al Qaeda, the beautiful tolerant folks supported by Obama, definitely weren't a good option for a secular country like Syria. Obama should have learned his lesson in Libya and Egypt. Obama's idiotic support of terrorists opened the door wide for Russia to come in and try to do the right thing.

Please don't forget that climate change was the cause of the Syrian war though. It's important for the narrative.

Reactions: TPOKE and iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT