ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's comments on North Korea....

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
In the shower this morning it occurred
to me his comments were more directed at China than NK. China is the last hope to resolve without a conflict. Does China really want the US to level NK and have a large military presence in NK including US ICBM's and anti ballistic missiles?

That is what China has to decide, is it really in their best interests for the US to have a conflict with NK? If the US is really serious they can win that war fast.

High stakes poker for sure but we know talking nicely does nothing to stop NK, just nothing. Plus, China has to be eyeing Trump and thinking he very well may have the balls for a first strike, and I am thinking it will not be nuclear but bombing every inch of NK with the mother of all bombs we dropped on Syria recently, followed by ground troops and then the last resort of tactical nuclear warheads or baby nukes.

It is worth the gamble IMO for Trump's rhetoric because China is the only hope to resolve without conflict, and we have 30 years of proof that no matter what the US says or does NK is going to do what it wants and continues to threaten the US.

If NK sends a missile to Guam we will green light taking out NK for good and for just cause, and Trump is on record as warning them.

It is China's move and as each day goes by time may be running out. If NK sends a missile to Guam then the NK leader is a crazy MFO that does not care if he lives and his life dream before dieing is most likely to nuke the US.

I don't think China wants millions of NorK refugees flooding their borders.

I don't think China wants millions of NorK refugees flooding their borders.

So hence they will not enforce trade restrictions?

China would prefer for the US to eliminate the NK population and for the US to take the political black eye even if it is not justified?

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you bomb the shit out of their installations that house their nukes?

North Korea situation is total FUBAR and the only President in the last 60 years who doesn't have any culpability for letting it happen is Donald J. Trump but he is probably the one who is going to have to finally deal with them and it isn't going to be pretty.

He's going to have to decide on the least worst option.

They probably shell Soul where 10 million of our allies citizens reside

Before you attack the nuke sites you have to take out the artillery, but not certain you could do that quickly enough to prevent them from shelling the hell out of Seoul anyway before you destroyed the artillery.

Unbelievable we allowed it to get this far, US weakness in the past is causing destabiliziation of the area now.

Best military solution is total preventive nuclear strike, but politically it would hurt the US although many nations would be silently applauding the US, especially Japan.

Last edited:
North Korea situation is total FUBAR and the only President in the last 60 years who doesn't have any culpability for letting it happen is Donald J. Trump but he is probably the one who is going to have to finally deal with them and it isn't going to be pretty.

He's going to have to decide on the least worst option.

True. I listened to an interview of Trump this morning Tim Russert did in 1999, Trump said it appeared negotiating with NK would never work and we needed to go in and disable their capability before they had nuclear missiles pointed at our cities. He asked Russert what are we going to do once they have nuclear missiles pointed at us? What are our options? He said we needed to never allow them to obtain them because once they did what are our options?

As many on here know I am not a supporter of President Trump, but...........the last 4 administrations have done nothing to solve this problem and he has been left having to deal with a nuclear DPRK, this was not his doing, but it is his problem. I am retired USAF so as a military person I usually have no problem us flexing our muscles, but this is different, a military option has to be the very last resort and has to be avoided at all costs. We for one thing are not in a position to do anything militarily, it would take months for us to consider it, short of doing something extremely risky. I have no idea how I think this should be handled, its a complex problem.

True. I listened to an interview of Trump this morning Tim Russert did in 1999, Trump said it appeared negotiating with NK would never work and we needed to go in and disable their capability before they had nuclear missiles pointed at our cities. He asked Russert what are we going to do once they have nuclear missiles pointed at us? What are our options? He said we needed to never allow them to obtain them because once they did what are our options?
To be fair, Trump was probably a democrat then. Now that he's a republican, he's a warmongering dumbass who doesn't have enough sense to get out of the rain.

As many on here know I am not a supporter of President Trump, but...........the last 4 administrations have done nothing to solve this problem and he has been left having to deal with a nuclear DPRK, this was not his doing, but it is his problem. I am retired USAF so as a military person I usually have no problem us flexing our muscles, but this is different, a military option has to be the very last resort and has to be avoided at all costs. We for one thing are not in a position to do anything militarily, it would take months for us to consider it, short of doing something extremely risky. I have no idea how I think this should be handled, its a complex problem.

Well, let's hope the second we get confirmation of a nuke missile headed in our direction we can kill it on the ground or in the air and retaliate with turning NK in to a complete parking lot. That looks possibly the best outcome now.

The real question is does the leader of NZ care about his future and does he want to avoid a nuclear war? If he gets several nukes off and hits LA, Denver, Chicago, Dallas....US economy, our military position in the world, etc....will be changed forever or decades. We will have finger pointing in this Country unlike anything ever seen and every Congressman will not get reelected and every President that sat idle and allowed this will go down as bums.

Iran is watching this closely, do we have the stomach to prevent Iran from becoming the next NK?

A NK ICBM would not make it to US territory, we could with a high degree of probability take it out in flight, but, eventually they might gain the capability to get one through and obviously if that happened the DPRK would probably not be around long

A NK ICBM would not make it to US territory, we could with a high degree of probability take it out in flight, but, eventually they might gain the capability to get one through and obviously if that happened the DPRK would probably not be around long

We have 44 anti missiles right now, they say they are only comfortable with a success rate of each anti-missile at 50%, so you send 5 at one missile and you guarantee hitting it.

Problem is they will send up a ton of missiles some of which will not have nukes, we will have to guess which ones do not have them, so if they have the ability they have a good chance at success since it will be one missile on one missile and some with none. What do you know that the so called experts do not know when you say they can not reach us? Reports of the last few days is that they can reach us they either have today or will very soon have the ability to put a small nuke on a missile?

Iran is watching this closely, do we have the stomach to prevent Iran from becoming the next NK?

the previous admin sent iran 400m and change in cash

i'm sure iran is watching real close

I can promise you we have more than 44 anti missile systems, and we have layered systems, he does not have enough ICBMs to have any reasonable chance of getting through and it will be several years before he would, and of he continues to build his capabilities, we will also

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury
I can promise you we have more than 44 anti missile systems, and we have layered systems, he does not have enough ICBMs to have any reasonable chance of getting through and it will be several years before he would, and of he continues to build his capabilities, we will also

What I read is that 44 represents the long range interceptors that just recently had successful tests.

I think you're all a little naive, thinking NK will put all of their nukes into the ICBM basket. They'll put one in a cargo truck and be more effective.

Nobody wants to hear that, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't if hitting us with a nuke is the objective.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
I think you're all a little naive, thinking NK will put all of their nukes into the ICBM basket. They'll put one in a cargo truck and be more effective.

Nobody wants to hear that, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't if hitting us with a nuke is the objective.
Thats fine, but where are they going to drive it to?

Again with the stupid terrorist sh!t.

You do realize that we can detect nuclear material and the size and type of container it would take to hide a nuclear bomb would be almost impossible to hide.

He'll most likely target Japan or Hawaii. If I lived there I'd be scared sh!tless of this maniac.

We tried the passive approach to dealing with NK and where did it get us. THEY HAVE FREAKING NUKES!

What's some tough talk going to hurt? Might actually get the guy thinking if I do dumb sh!t I may not live to see the end result.

Reactions: Medic007
Incredibly sad that so many "smart" people allowed this situation to get where it is today. You think about all the money spent on diplomacy, all the public proclamations to make one political whore or another look good, the abject failure of the UN and the uselessness of negotiating with people who have no intention of being straight and here is where we are. Surely no reasonable person can be surprised?

th

Politicians absolutely suck and the fact they have been such abysmal failures at everything important, in the last 20 or 30 years, should be a really somber reminder of where the world is headed unless people can start electing principled individuals. Not holding my breath.

Again with the stupid terrorist sh!t.

You do realize that we can detect nuclear material and the size and type of container it would take to hide a nuclear bomb would be almost impossible to hide.

He'll most likely target Japan or Hawaii. If I lived there I'd be scared sh!tless of this maniac.

We tried the passive approach to dealing with NK and where did it get us. THEY HAVE FREAKING NUKES!

What's some tough talk going to hurt? Might actually get the guy thinking if I do dumb sh!t I may not live to see the end result.

I know, e1 thinks I'm crazy for saying that NK won't confine the war to Asia and will set one off here if there's a war. I hope I'm wrong. I wanna see how we keep someone from smuggling in a nuke with 12,000 miles of shore line. We can't keep tons of cocaine out but one nuke won't slip through.

I'm also not real critical of Biff on NK. Or any other POTUS. They all tried reasonable approaches.

The intelligence community seems to believe that NK has achieved miniaturization of nuclear warheads that now significantly increase their range. This was the line in the sand for a lot of past POTUS. They can no longer say that they are not a threat in reaching the US held territories with a nuclear warhead. If I was in Guam, I would be scared shitless.

The intelligence community seems to believe that NK has achieved miniaturization of nuclear warheads that now significantly increase their range. This was the line in the sand for a lot of past POTUS. They can no longer say that they are not a threat in reaching the US held territories with a nuclear warhead. If I was in Guam, I would be scared shitless.
All these arguments presume insanity on the part of Kim. He's not gone insane yet, just as his father and grandfather didn't.

If he launches on us, we shoot it down then we nuke him and he dies. Preemptively striking anything in NK will mean hundreds of thousands of North and South Koreans, and many Americans, will die.

Did his father and grandfather give this level of threatening rhetoric? Serious question, I cannot remember. Where they faced with the likes of DJT and the level of threatening rhetoric that is now being spewed from our current POTUS?

They probably shell Soul where 10 million of our allies citizens reside

It seems like the situation that you are describing is not only plausible, but in fact probable. Which makes me think that the situation would fit nicely under the allowable exceptions for "targeted killings" and giving the US the green light to snipe "Dear Leader" and his top generals.

If killing four or five nuts could save 10s of thousands of decent people. I would vote for taking out the nut jobs.

Incredibly sad that so many "smart" people allowed this situation to get where it is today. You think about all the money spent on diplomacy, all the public proclamations to make one political whore or another look good, the abject failure of the UN and the uselessness of negotiating with people who have no intention of being straight and here is where we are. Surely no reasonable person can be surprised?

Politicians absolutely suck and the fact they have been such abysmal failures at everything important, in the last 20 or 30 years, should be a really somber reminder of where the world is headed unless people can start electing principled individuals. Not holding my breath.

You're so partisan and divisive. You literally can not set down the faux-macho shit. Yeah -- lots of smart people have looked at this and tried to resolve it.
Bush I, Clinton, Dumbya, Obama administrations.... all tried everything they could do short of war. They've tried offering both carrot and stick. That's what statesmen and diplomats do before asking the country and international community to go to war.

If we're such a stupid and cowardly country just leave. There are lots of countries with lots of guns and hardly any government. Go get some and get away from all these whores that have tried everything short of war. What would you have done all this time? Go to war?

Do we have the ability to take out the infamous artillery in the mountains that will supposedly take out Seoul?
Not all of it............There is nothing we could do that would keep an open conflict on the Korean Peninsula from causing an unimaginable number of casualties , my comments were only concerning our capabilities to keep NK from a direct attack on the US

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT