ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on this?

Where I vote, you have to be pre registered and present valid ID
I assume it is the same at most polling places

It's not. You don't need a valid ID to vote in Oklahoma either. All you need is the voter ID card they mail out on postcards

So, if someone wants to cheat, it can be done,
But either party has an equal ability to do so, and an equal amount to gain, right?

But either party has an equal ability to do so, and an equal amount to gain, right?

We'll get to that in a minute....

So if we have no idea who's actually voting in most places in America, how did the fine folks in your link gather data to take a position on this issue?

I didn't need an I'd to vote in Minnesota. Just gave them my name. She read me my address and I said yes. Signed a piece of paper and they handed me my ballot.

One party wants to make it harder to cheat.

One party thinks meletonin makes finding the dmv is as hard as finding Carmen San Diego.

Last edited:
We'll get to that in a minute....

So if we have no idea who's actually voting in most places in America, how did the fine folks in your link gather data to take a position on this issue?

My counter to that would be that if there really is widespread cheating going on, then cheaters should be easy to catch. As much as the GOP cries about it, it stands to reason that they would take aggressive action to prove their whining has merit. The link suggests that an insignificant number of individuals have been caught and found guilty of what you suggest is rampant. Once again...not logical.

My counter to that would be that if there really is widespread cheating going on, then cheaters should be easy to catch. As much as the GOP cries about it, it stands to reason that they would take aggressive action to prove their whining has merit. The link suggests that an insignificant number of individuals have been caught and found guilty of what you suggest is rampant. Once again...not logical.

Again, the link has zero access to empirical data because voting is on the honor system most places.

You can't catch people if there aren't any rules or an infrastructure to monitor the system. It's like a state disbanding their law enforcement agencies and claiming they have stopped all crime.

Again, the link has zero access to empirical data because voting is on the honor system most places.

You can't catch people if there aren't any rules or an infrastructure to monitor the system. It's like a state disbanding their law enforcement agencies and claiming they have stopped all crime.

Hey isn't this basically what Obama did? ICE reduced arrests along the border and he claimed that that showed that there was less illegal immigration coming in.

Well, voting seems to be pretty important, it is a right granted to only US Citizens, it is a big deal IMO. Since we can assume everyone is so honest and no one cheats, let's do away with W-2 statements, 1099's, etc...fire all IRS auditors and let everyone just tell the IRS how much they made each year. Our country is so honest, let's do away with NCAA investigators, or cops and highway patrolmen running radar, DUI checks, testing athletes for steroids, class room proctors to prevent cheating, etc...let's just trust everyone because without audits and random sampling we simply have no evidence of any widespread problem anywhere. As long as we do not audit for a problem we will never know and if we never know then there is no problem. How many will brag about cheating any system? Some idiots will but few will and if it is acceptable no one will talk about it because it will become an acceptable part of society and business as usual.

We use to do business over hand shakes and person's word use to mean something, not today. This WORLD is full of cheaters, liars, and thieves. People will cheat at just about anything.

We are to believe that something so easy to cheat at in many states that when it comes to voting no one will cheat and it is sacred? Voting is immune from cheating? Yeah, right.

Last edited:

If any Republican attempted any 'aggressive action' towards monitoring or addressing potential voter fraud, the left would be shouting Jim Crow and voter suppression. You can't have it both ways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT