ADVERTISEMENT

This team intrigues me

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
I can't say I'm excited about this team like in past years when we had Smart and Brown both returning and the potential scoring of Stevie (which ended up being a Hindenburg of a season). However something tells me this team is going to be much better than expected. For one reason is that we aren't void of talent. Forte is a really good college player, I also keep hearing nothing but good things about Evans (not that he's going to be all Big12 his FR year but just that he can actually play), then we have about five guys that are all on that Markel Brown path of trying to bust through to that next level and we really only need one of them to do it next year. Also for the first time in a long time I actually think we have multiple players that can actually contribute down low. Once again, not expecting any to be All Big 12 but simply not just take up space.

Plus the biggest thing that intrigues me is Travis Ford coaching for his job. Let's be honest, some of the best coaching Ford's ever done while at OSU is when he's been backed into a corner. He's definitely in that position right now. Beyond a handful of folks I think most people would love it for Ford to actually be the guy, as an ambassador for the school and program he does a pretty good job. I know it's football season and I think we are going to have a really good football season but I'm probably more interested in seeing what happens with the basketball team.

Now of course the whole season could end up being another season where we show signs of being a good team only to have massive brain farts at horrible times but for now this team intrigues me as to what they could possibly turn into over the course of the season.

Reactions: Been Jammin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News