ADVERTISEMENT

This is one of my bugaboos, glad to see it being addressed and wanted to share

DCandtheUTBand

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2001
The Great State of Tennessee
I am not sure if there were any property taxes anywhere in the USoA at the founding but I am sure that property ownership was so sacred to the founders most would have opposed any property tax. Do you really own your property if you have to rent it from the government every year?

I am not sure if there were any property taxes anywhere in the USoA at the founding but I am sure that property ownership was so sacred to the founders most would have opposed any property tax. Do you really own your property if you have to rent it from the government every year?

I was just starting to cool down after I opened a few of the property tax bills we received in the mail the last couple of days and here you go rubbing salt in the wound. :)

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

Hope it passes and catches on across the fruited plains. At some point “government” is going to have to live within some semblance of its means, and not keep pushing more/elevated taxes as a way to bridge gaps or worse spend more. Especially given that many services government provides can be done more effectively and managed easier through the free market.

I hope it passes. It would be a good start. The Founding Fathers would be appalled at the degree to which we have become slaves to the government. Either we start getting government off our backs or our descendants will have absolutely no hope.

Hope it passes and catches on across the fruited plains. At some point “government” is going to have to live within some semblance of its means, and not keep pushing more/elevated taxes as a way to bridge gaps or worse spend more. Especially given that many services government provides can be done more effectively and managed easier through the free market.

What a crock of shit. Good luck with the free market managing law enforcement, public sanitation and other essential services.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT