ADVERTISEMENT

This is a once in a lifetime event for someone that has lived in Oklahoma all my life...What I heard on Mr. Hamm

OKSTATE1

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Edmond, Oklahoma
Nothing compares to this in terms of someone who has lived in the OKC/Edmond area all of my life. This is a beautiful early Xmas gift. It changes EVERYTHING in terms of how the OU program will be seen for a few years. No longer can they assume OU is a top 4 job in the country, EVEN BETTER THAN MANY NFL jobs as the local media spews. The reality of staring down Bama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, and A&M every year in the SEC looks daunting now. And that does not include other SEC programs that can step up from year to year. Sure, the SEC is bad at the bottom and even at the middle at times, but their success in the CFP exists.

I just talked to an OU alum that is a really good guy and has a source he feels is pretty good, he said Lincoln has burned down the program. That this kills them going in to the SEC, will take some time for OU to recover. He was just honest, said it is the worst thing that could of happened especially with the SEC looming.

He said this contact told him Lincoln wanted SEC type things - Bigger recruiting budget, more analysts (Bama has like 20), more salaries for assistants, etc... Basically he had a laundry list of what was needed financially to compete in the SEC. Said his demands was not all about him.

He said the new Prez and Joe C said no, and the person really pissed about this is Harold Hamm. That neither the Prez or Joe C called Harold and gave him the option to help out, was he in or out? He said Hamm is really pissed right now and that Joe C is not being worshipped in Sooner land. How in the hell can OU not afford in upping their budget knowing their TV revenues are going to double? Does OU really have the commitment needed for the SEC? Are they hurting that bad financially? He said I am afraid OU has an administrative problem and right now I am not a fan of Joe C.

Just curious, how many Bedlam wins are these events worth? I am thinking on the low side 5. If OU ends up being down for a decade or more in the SEC it could spell big trouble for them. AND, can you see OSU parlay this in to getting more recruits out of Oklahoma and Texas?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News