ADVERTISEMENT

The great Marxist purge begins

The tech world is predisposed to radical freedom. That’s the whole idea. It’s a digital frontier. To the extent that they are ideological, the tech world leans libertarian.

They are disassociating from Parler and the president and Trumptards in general because they don’t want their services used to plan federal crimes. It’s not complicated. They have, you know, attorneys.

It says something that conservatives decided to try and go create their own Twitter and within three months it became a place that required non stop fbi monitoring because posters were planning crimes in the same way normal people would discuss the nfl on Twitter.

Ah twitter has been used previous to the three months you describe for planning crimes.

And you know it requires non-stop FBI monitoring how? I'm calling BS by the way Perv.

Parlor didn't censor anyone and there was no shortage of loon from either end of the spectrum either. It was truly an open forum. Here is a link for that stalwart right wing organization ACLU and their opinion about banning people from Twitter https://www.newsweek.com/aclu-couns...itter-facebook-after-trump-suspension-1560248

As always, when antifa/black goobers matter tried to burn down police stations, a federal courthouse, an ICE facility, stop commerce on interstates etc...there was not a peep out of Perv and his ilk. Typical liberal though, freedom of speech only means freedom if you agree with us. Have fun in your alternative world sir, as nibbling at the edges only wets the appetite for bigger chunks and even more egregious censoring. Knowing that they have politicians on their side, because well politicians are paid whores for special interests, they will continue to get even more authoritarian regardless of what the laws are. They are operating with no fear of retribution or law.

Parler’s own attorneys dropped them last week. I’m sure you’re smarter than they are.

I don't even know what this is even supposed to imply.

Their attorneys know they are guilty?

Or, could it be that their law firm was also afraid to be blackballed?

Maybe they know they'll never get paid?

Even bad actors deserve good legal representation, or didn't that American standard go away too?

Reactions: Bitter Creek
If they are complying with 230, and not violating anyone's 1A in the process, then why the need to eliminate 230?

Both Trump and Biden are against it, albeit for vastly different reasons. So here I am in the middle of the horseshoe, saying I don't see a better solution to the problem, so let's not blow the thing up until we get a Plan B.

Remove 230, and Twitter slows to a crawl exactly like a print publisher, for fear of being sued. I don't think anyone wants that.
I do. If they aren't qualified they should lose the protection. Simple.

Reactions: wino
They need to strengthen Section 230, not get rid of it.

You uphold the tenets of the State's restrictions against curbing free speech or no immunity

Reactions: wino
I do. If they aren't qualified they should lose the protection. Simple.
Legally challenging Twitter's adherence to the good faith clause of 230 = fair game.

Gutting or repealing 230 without a Plan B = rife with unintended consequences.

Legally challenging Twitter's adherence to the good faith clause of 230 = fair game.

Gutting or repealing 230 without a Plan B = rife with unintended consequences.
Oh that’s where we moved the goal posts to now?

giphy.gif

Oh that’s where we moved the goal posts to now?
I don't believe I said ever said otherwise? Show me where, if you feel I did.

What was your clearly defined position, in case I misunderstood?

As stated above, do you agree or disagree?

I don't believe I said ever said otherwise? Show me where, if you feel I did.

What was your clearly defined position, in case I misunderstood?

As stated above, do you agree or disagree?
Feel free to review the thread lolololol

As I already stated, that’s a straw man argument that you have already admitted to using so you can get sports news.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT