ADVERTISEMENT

The Edmond Sun

purkey

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
looks like it has now been shut down forever. Been around for 130 years and Edmond has a population of 93,000. Printed media is not looking very good. These guys, if they're not making money, they that's their only recourse. The Oklahoman is in trouble as well. The bad results from the corona19 and the price of oil have just begun hit the peripheral areas. It's coming. The hanger on'ers will slowly loose their grip. Not saying it can't turn around but it's going to have to hurry.

At the end of the day, COVID-19 may have expedited this by a six months (at most)...but this was absolutely inevitable.
Agree 100%. As I look back at my post I should have been clearer about my comment referring to other businesses. Print media was dying long before covid-19.

Do you play golf? Would love to take you to Karsten if you’re interested.

I used to work for The Edmond Sun. Paper has been just hanging on for a long time. I remember when the publication tanked from around 4,000 a day to 2,000. Print media everywhere is becoming a thing of the past.

For the record, the print shop - located on the SW corner of 2nd and Broadway - is still in operation. We used to print lots of stuff in there - Penny Pincher, Black Chronicle, El Nacional, Comunidad, UCO paper, even an Oklahoma City paper in Chinese.

Last edited:
The NewPress in Stillwater has gone to only being printed on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Also heard that it will only be mailed starting soon.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT