ADVERTISEMENT

The Eddie Fogler Connection

Mar 25, 2017
New to the board. Thought I'd point this out if it hasn't been mentioned.

Eddie was the head coach at South Carolina for the 90's and early 2000's. As a HC he was recruited and signed Mike Boynton. Eddie's only tie to the midwest is as an assistant for Wichita State. So, let me ask you.... we all agree the Okstate job is unique given it's geographical location, fanbase and history and not just any guy can come in and have success. Kentucky guys or East coast guys appear to not understand. Brad Underwood did. As said on Twitter....

Isn't it a fireable offense for Mike Holder to spend money we supposedly don't have to hire an East coast consultant to help choose a HC that he was buddies with? Especially one that is already on your staff? It's like Syracuse hiring Eddie Sutton as a consultant and he suggest Doug Gottlieb, who has the same amount HC experience as Boynton.

Did you notice ESPN headlines when Doug was being interviewed? Once we made the hire, ESPN didn't mention it. I am a pro Doug guy, and you could see the awareness and national interest when we were just considering him.

IF MONEY was that big of an issue. It is my belief that 3 years of crappy records with Doug (while he figures it out) will bring in enough $ from attendance and fan support to justify his lack of experience. Boynton maybe the next Wooden, but he will have to win from day one, and win for 2-3 years before this gun shy fan base decides to support him.

I want Mike Holder fired, and I've only felt this way since losing Underwood. There is a growing theme that he is unbearable to work for and only coaches who love the school will stay. Right decision or not, Holder losing Underwood is terrible for the momentum of the program. It is Holder's job. Right now I have dozens of loyal OSU fans telling me the same thing, they will refuse to step foot in GIA until Holder is gone. Unfortunately it hurts the school and the players, but is the only power they have to see a change.

Reactions: WFarm
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News