ADVERTISEMENT

The cost to go watch the UWW Championships

tim73034

Commitment
Mar 23, 2010
I noticed a response on a thread related to the cost of going to the 2024 world championships and watching Coach Taylor compete. Round trip airfare and a hotel for a week cost a little under $1200 or less per person.. What strikes me about that is that is about 1/3 of what the NCAA is asking for a single all session ticket to the NCAA tournament in Philly. Pretty sad..

That’s for the fan experience which includes some other things.
I guess Im the only one that finds it exploitive to charge $1800.. I understand that "there are other things".. those "other things "dont come close to justifying the price. right now you can travel to many places in Europe (flight and hotel) for a week for 600 less per person than what they want for a single all session.

I don’t like the price either but not sure exploitive is appropriate either. If they charge $1800 and every seat is filled that’s just good biz. A once a year championship doesn’t have to be inclusive lol. I wish I could go to the Super Bowl but I’m not dropping 20k on that either.

What I’ve done most years is either get the all session ticket (through OSU if you’re a season tix holder) or if I can only make a couple sessions buy them individually through third party. I’ve gotten some deals for Session 1-4 if you wait last minute but beware the risk.

I don’t like the price either but not sure exploitive is appropriate either. If they charge $1800 and every seat is filled that’s just good biz. A once a year championship doesn’t have to be inclusive lol. I wish I could go to the Super Bowl but I’m not dropping 20k on that either.

What I’ve done most years is either get the all session ticket (through OSU if you’re a season tix holder) or if I can only make a couple sessions buy them individually through third party. I’ve gotten some deals for Session 1-4 if you wait last minute but beware the risk.
We have been season ticket holders for 15 years and have asked for tickets every year and frequently not been given the chance to get tickets. There are different philosophies about what makes something "good business" and what constitutes "taking advantage of someone else" .. I dont run business in a manner that has the aim to squeeze every penny from every customer I get.. The moral question is whether me charging a fair price for my service and having to do 3 or 4 jobs is a better business model vs. someone who waits for 2 customer that dont know any better and double or triple charges them because "they can" and "thats good business" from their perspective, not for the customers.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
This really isn’t worth arguing about. I want cheap tix too but that’s not gonna happen and while it definitely sucks, I understand why they’re doing it. Maybe I’m just a capitalist by nature. I’ll be in Philly and I’ll complain with friends about how much it costs but at the end of the day I’m willing to pay it so I guess they got me good!

This really isn’t worth arguing about. I want cheap tix too but that’s not gonna happen and while it definitely sucks, I understand why they’re doing it. Maybe I’m just a capitalist by nature. I’ll be in Philly and I’ll complain with friends about how much it costs but at the end of the day I’m willing to pay it so I guess they got me good!
Agreed, unfortunately this is a classic "it is what it is" situation. Unless you have a hook up or go thru a random school youre going to pay through the nose. I'm more upset about the tix being bought up and then resold at a premium than I am these "fan experience tix" which are at least good seats.

CKLV might be an option for you instead. All session tix for the second toughest tournament in the nation are $50 cash each.

We have been season ticket holders for 15 years and have asked for tickets every year and frequently not been given the chance to get tickets. There are different philosophies about what makes something "good business" and what constitutes "taking advantage of someone else" .. I dont run business in a manner that has the aim to squeeze every penny from every customer I get.. The moral question is whether me charging a fair price for my service and having to do 3 or 4 jobs is a better business model vs. someone who waits for 2 customer that dont know any better and double or triple charges them because "they can" and "thats good business" from their perspective, not for the customers.
It's cheap for the greatest show on Earth.

Hell, the blood round is worth it alone!

Yeah, but nosebleed section.
I adhere to that philosophy as well. I sleep better at night knowing that I'm living by a code that I can be proud for others to see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT