ADVERTISEMENT

The Corral's Autocorrect Gold Terms

TheRedSon

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
Waco, TX
yo Ho yo (phrase)
  • Special notes - this one is really difficult to understand... Not intent, but how the hell it happened in the first place. I can't enter "yo" intentionally on my phone without it trying to make it "to," and sometimes (inexplicably) "up." What's even weirder is why Ho has to be capitalized. What gives autocorrect? You are so broken, and yet so possessed of baby's luck I can't help but love you.
  • Original intent - "to go to"
  • Used in a sentence - I want yo Ho yo Oklahoma State after high school .
  • Written by - @Poke0414
Singing (verb)
  • Original intent - jelling, syncing, synergizing... I'm not sure what word was specifically intended, but the effect is something like "working well together."
  • Used in a sentence - The biggest problem on the team is the offensive line is not singing together, and that's no surprise since one just transferred in and another is a salmon.
  • Written by - who else? @chasepollard
Salmon (noun or verb)
  • Original intent - walkon, walk on, walk-on... A player with no scholarship.
  • Used in a sentence - Last year our starting center was a fish salmon.
  • Written by - @AggiesBoy. He was specifically referring to Bacon Mazemeadow in the original thread.
Baby's Luck (noun)
  • Original intent - Deer lowered, if only... I think "better luck," but specifically the kind of "better luck" a coach can help create through whatever voodoo it is that limits injuries and convinces magical sky faries to help you win despite only recruiting 5'9" guys that should be doomed to much lower shooting percentages than they had in high school.
  • Used in a sentence - Travis Ford could be gift wrapped a dump truck full of baby's luck and still not sniff the Sweet 16.
  • Written by - some dumbass that goes by @TheRedSon. Should point out that I have that user on ignore and wouldn't have noticed if not for @Been Jammin bringing it to everyone's attention.
Shim (not sure... verb or noun pending clarification)
  • Original intent - either ____ or SMH, which stands for Shaking My Head.
  • Used in a sentence - I can't believe this shim. or I can't believe this, shim. See, the comma tells you which intent is correct, shim.
  • Written by - @75LinKS when discussing the prospect of BJ Sanders returning to OSU.
Smoked (verb)
  • Original intent - smacked, hit, targeted. It was certainly a heated debate about the nature of the targeting penalty.
  • Used in a sentence - Markelle Martin smoked a lot in college, but he didn't inhale.
  • Written by - @chasepollard
War Ups (noun)
  • Original intent - warmups... Most likely. It's slightly possible it was actually war... It was about Bedlam...
  • Used in a sentence - We will destroy them after war ups, and also avoid unnecessary injury to poorly prepared muscle groups.
  • Written by - @Alpha Poke
Album (noun)
Arab (noun)
Cookie Stick (noun)
  • Original intent - Uhm... I think it was already slang for high level agility, or stop-and-go quickness. I'm not going to repeat the intended term. Whatever words you use to use to describe what Barry Sanders could do on a football field can now be described by this term.
  • Used in a sentence - We tried to stop him, but he was fast as fast can be and had more cookie stick than a ginger bread man.
  • Written by - @chasepollard. If you ask him what he meant to say he still can't tell you if he's on his phone. If you don't believe me check out how many times he told us he meant to say "cookie stick" instead of "cookie stick." http://oklahomastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/twitter-mafia.27059/page-3#post-356993
Man Net Reptile (adjective... possibly a metaphor)
  • Original intent - I believe (and unless the originator corrects me you'll never know anyway because he changed it!) the intent was "not many interceptions." Could be synonymous with ball security.
  • Used in a sentence - We're not good enough to not have man net reptile from the QB position. or: He's stingy and man net reptile, so they'll have to get pressure to force a mistake.
  • Written by (and edited nearly out of existence by) - @Marshal Jim Duncan. I almost missed this one!
Deer Lowered (adjective + noun)
Nobody Gas (sentence?)
  • Original intent - Nobody goes, nobody cares... Best translation I saw was suggested by @Hopper5775: "nobody gives a shit." So maybe it was an acronym?
  • Used in a sentence - We used to be a great basketball school and now nobody gas.
  • Written by - @Dally1up

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News