ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Pennstate1985 (barely wrestling related)

AtownPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2006
Corpus Christi
@Pennstate1985 The PSU pipeline is really working out

Tommy Molsky's pitching, late-game homers key in Oklahoma State's Big 12 title game victory over Oklahoma​

• Weston Wertzberger, Staff Reporter, @wdwertzberger
  • May 26, 2024 Updated 8 hrs ago
6652af348eb48.image.jpg

With the conference tournament title on the line, the Bedlam rivals clashed as Big 12 opponents one last time on Saturday.

As Lane Forsythe caught the pop fly for the final out, the Cowboys rushed the field to celebrate their fourth Big 12 Championship title and their first since 2019.

Here are three takeaways from the game:

Molsky dominates first start

In the biggest game of Tommy Molsky's life, Rob Walton gave the right-handed transfer out of Penn State the chance to start his first game as a Cowboy.

He delivered when it mattered most for Oklahoma State (40-17).

The junior tied a career-high with eight strikeouts and allowed two runs on four hits in 4 1/3 innings against Oklahoma (37-19). It was also his longest outing of the season.

Now just make sure to send Bear Claw

I didn't even know we had a baseball team lol. I know we don't have a basketball team. I can remember back to the early 70's, and PSU has never had a basketball team. You'd think a state that could produce Wilt Chamberlain would play better bball.

Bearclaw seems pretty bright, and I think this delay is for academics. If I was a betting man, I think he picks a school with a good graduate degree program first, and wrestling second. So that leaves the B12 out. Sorry!! 🤣😇

I didn't even know we had a baseball team lol. I know we don't have a basketball team. I can remember back to the early 70's, and PSU has never had a basketball team. You'd think a state that could produce Wilt Chamberlain would play better bball.

Bearclaw seems pretty bright, and I think this delay is for academics. If I was a betting man, I think he picks a school with a good graduate degree program first, and wrestling second. So that leaves the B12 out. Sorry!! 🤣😇
Just as we were becoming friends

• Sad
Reactions: Pennstate1985

OSU is the Harvard of the plains!

What sort of education is he looking for?

Reactions: AtownPoke

I would be very disappointed if we gave much money to Bear Claw. No insult to him but how many 1 year 165's do we need that are close to All American ability. Next year Amine to wrestle 165 who is a 3 time All American. Then Lockett will be here, and we also have Fish. We have money but if we spend it foolishly, we won't have money long. Portal should be used to fill holes or get a difference maker. However I will be okay with whatever we do, my opinion is why spend money where it does not do us much good. Spend money on Jax, Bo Michael or PJ etc.

Reactions: Okie_Pat
*Princeton*
I got accepted there but ended up at PSU. Paid my way through college. Couldn't afford those guys. Just my luck, the next year Brooke Shields started Princeton. I'd like to think if I had gone to Princeton, I'd be living the high life in crappy CA playing poker with Leonardo and Jack every night. Or, I'd be one of a thousand rejections. I'd betting on rejection lol.

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyTanker
I would be very disappointed if we gave much money to Bear Claw. No insult to him but how many 1 year 165's do we need that are close to All American ability. Next year Amine to wrestle 165 who is a 3 time All American. Then Lockett will be here, and we also have Fish. We have money but if we spend it foolishly, we won't have money long. Portal should be used to fill holes or get a difference maker. However I will be okay with whatever we do, my opinion is why spend money where it does not do us much good. Spend money on Jax, Bo Michael or PJ etc.
You and I see eye to eye. You have no need for another transfer around 165. I'm also one of those guys who hasn't seen much success in late college transfers. Getting used to a new system and school seems to set guys back for the most part. I can only think of one guy who got a title after transferring, and that was Dean. I don't know the numbers, but I bet only 25-35% of those transfers had a better placement the next year. Maybe even worse.

The real prize is a transfer who can be in your system 3-4 years. I also think RS'ing your transfers makes a ton of sense for this reason only.

You and I see eye to eye. You have no need for another transfer around 165. I'm also one of those guys who hasn't seen much success in late college transfers. Getting used to a new system and school seems to set guys back for the most part. I can only think of one guy who got a title after transferring, and that was Dean. I don't know the numbers, but I bet only 25-35% of those transfers had a better placement the next year. Maybe even worse.

The real prize is a transfer who can be in your system 3-4 years. I also think RS'ing your transfers makes a ton of sense for this reason only.
But we do need him if we ended RSing Fish, Hamiti, BT and Plott.

But we do need him if we ended RSing Fish, Hamiti, BT and Plott.
It appears Thompson is thinking 184 and so if we redshirt Plott I think Thompson would be our 184. Also makes no sense to redshirt Hendrickson and Merrill in the same year. Merrill will be wrestling at about 214 next week. I would think the plan was to get all of his bad weight off and now build up to maybe 230 to 235. His advantage is quickness and so he likely can't get real big. If he is the real deal then redshirt this year with Hendrickson wrestling HWT and Merrill takes over next year.

It appears Thompson is thinking 184 and so if we redshirt Plott I think Thompson would be our 184. Also makes no sense to redshirt Hendrickson and Merrill in the same year. Merrill will be wrestling at about 214 next week. I would think the plan was to get all of his bad weight off and now build up to maybe 230 to 235. His advantage is quickness and so he likely can't get real big. If he is the real deal then redshirt this year with Hendrickson wrestling HWT and Merrill takes over next year.
Robb IMO. He’s already taken his RS

IMO only, I think you have to be quick and 240+ these days to be a top echelon heavy. The dancing bear days are over, but the under 240 heavies, while fast maybe, don't have the bulk for mat wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT