ADVERTISEMENT

Taco transfer

I hope this says good things about Kyle Haas?
However this talk of Wyatt and G coming back makes me wonder about how good Voinovich and Young Mastro are at 149 or 157. Our 3 big redshirt freshmen I don't really know how good they are based on results from their redshirt years. Maybe this spring and summer I will see results that give me more confidence. Our 3 question weights for next year likely are 149, 157 and 184. These 3 redshirts winning these positions and performing like All Americans their redshirt freshmen years would be very encouraging for 35 possibly in 2023-2024. I thought next year would be are 1st chance to win but unless Penn. St. has the unbelievable bad luck we had this year I don't see them losing next year. I have such questions at 149 and 157 I think our true freshmen have a chance to win those weight classes for next year ( Williams maybe 149 and Ferrari at 157). Whatever we need our young wrestlers to be stars not okay division 1 wrestlers.

Last edited:
From everything we've heard on here about Haas I think he's ready. There are big questions marks at 149 and 157 though. I personally just haven't seen enough from Voinovich yet. Great HS career and big recruit. He had a nice redshirt season mostly beating up on guys who he is much better than. He had a nice performance at the Southern Scuffle placing 3rd, but got dominated 7-0 by 7th year SR Josh Finesilver from Duke, who has never AA'd.

Between G and Wyatt I think Wyatt is the guy who will come back. Honestly though I wouldn't be against both coming back because you have 2 proven guys in your lineup who would both have a great chance to AA opposed to some unproven redshirt and true freshman. It's all a matter of possible points we can score at NCAA's for me and having those guys back puts us in the best position to do that and possibly make a run at a title. Plus its only going to help the young guys having those 6th year SR's to workout with in the room everyday.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
This is a big complaint for me...competing as freshman.

We don't have a clue how our guys are performing and what can be expected. They get ten matches against inferior comp and 1-2 matches against decent talent.

That doesn't exactly prepare them for the grind or generate excitement in the fanbase.

This is a big complaint for me...competing as freshman.

We don't have a clue how our guys are performing and what can be expected. They get ten matches against inferior comp and 1-2 matches against decent talent.

That doesn't exactly prepare them for the grind or generate excitement in the fanbase.

While I agree. Go look at many of the talented true freshman at the other blue bloods and you will see much of the same.

There used to be a tourney in March called the National Collegiate Open - many of the top redshirts across the country went.

Back in 2015, they cancelled it mid event because of a snowstorm. Marsteller was wrestling and the ref walked off after the announcement was made. Marsteller & the other guy finished the match on their own with no officials. Some kid kept time with his phone. Was pretty funny.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
How many years does he have left? 2? I guess he’s their 184. I think Norfleet is still at 197. I could see him AAing. I hope he left because he saw no path to getting on the mat.

His potential is AA at 184. Not sure how he would fair at 197. I think it’s all dependent on how well his knee recovers from his ACL and when he can get fully healthy on the mat. He hasn’t wrestled a full season in a few years. That’s a lot of time off.

How many years does he have left? 2? I guess he’s their 184. I think Norfleet is still at 197. I could see him AAing. I hope he left because he saw no path to getting on the mat.
He tweeted a promise that he'll AA the next 3 years. Also, I don't think he's the type to run from competition. He took AJ to overtime in HS, so I don't think he would avoid Haas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT