ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Mocco on Iowa vs oSu fans

Not that I know what the hell I’m talking about but I’ll try to give an outsider’s perspective.

As a lifelong wrestling fan, Iowa, Ok State, Penn State all have very passionate fans. Part of it is because we are all farm states (outside few urban areas). Wrestling was big in all these areas because it’s was an easy sport to fund in a fairly poor town. When you have fans that tend to not have much else going on or much else to look forward to then this is what comes from it. I’m a PSU fan and not all of those fans are great either, several bad interactions with PSU fans, not much interaction with OK State fans other than very positive.

But I do want to take the time to delineate perception and reality. I hunt in Iowa every year. I cannot begin to tell you how great the people are in the state as a whole. I mean, they are honestly the best. Forgot my wallet at a small store as I was buying new binoculars and broadheads. The gentleman just said, I trust you, see you when you can bring me back the money (Which I immediately did). And let me leave the store with the stuff without paying. This was everywhere I went, just awesome people who genuinely are salt of the earth. Every time I hang with Iowa fans at wrestling events we always, always, always get along.

All that said, I cannot seem to figure out why many on that board and in their fan base are so rabid. Because it’s genuinely NOT indicative of the state and its people. It seems that there tends to be several fans who over reach their bounds with no internal correction. Some of the things said in the stands at Carver would be absolutely self policed by other fan bases and seem to get left untouched by people who know better. It’s like the drug addicted family member who gets held accountable in some homes and coddled in others. Maybe it’s just blind loyalty. Not sure. Just my two cents. I think it’s important to understand the difference and that the people in that state are really awesome.
Aye. I have family and friends from/in Iowa. Super nice folks in general. Maybe they’re so nice all the time that occasionally they have to tell a 19 year old that they suck, just to balance things out? lol

People
There seems to be an unwritten purity test on that board. 15 years ago they had some great insiders and posters. 95% of them are long gone, and got replaced by internet agitators who pushed them to leave. Still some good posters there but that forum has an unsavory edge to it.
95%? Lmao. You don't think your Penn State forum gets unsavory? Come on, it's not all sunshine and roses over there

I don't disagree. That's why I prefer to visit here. Life is too short to have strife on internet forums.
Completely agree. These idiots that get in here to antagonize or create a beef, I just ignore and walk away. Often, they aren’t satisfied with their own lives or team, so they have to try and drag down others. It’s not my fault Iowa fans aren’t satisfied with their team or their sad, pathetic little lives. Hey, some people get their jollies on by making other people sad. We call those people losers. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Completely agree. These idiots that get in here to antagonize or create a beef, I just ignore and walk away. Often, they aren’t satisfied with their own lives or team, so they have to try and drag down others. It’s not my fault Iowa fans aren’t satisfied with their team or their sad, pathetic little lives. Hey, some people get their jollies on by making other people sad. We call those people losers. 🤷🏼‍♂️
That's a bit over the top. You came to the Iowa board as a guest, and called me an idiot because i spelled "wrestling dual" wrong. You disappeared after that.
I would've never addressed you otherwise. I just recognized your handle when I came to town. We can get along just fine. I was just ribbing you a little bit.

Truce?

Last edited:
That's a bit over the top. You came to the Iowa board as a guest, and called me an idiot because i spelled "wrestling dual" wrong. You disappeared after that.
I would've never addressed you otherwise. I just recognized your handle when I came to town. We can get along just fine. I was just ribbing you a little bit.

Truce?
Turk, you are certainly nicer here. Lol. This forum in general is easier to read than both BWI and HR. Maybe you pokes are into something!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT